Release

Where I Belong
“Do you think he’s really okay? He hasn’t said anything since he got home.”
 
“If you had something fall and nearly kill you, would you feel like talking?”
 
“Well-”
 
“Nevermind. You would.”
 
“Guys, cut it out,” Doojoon murmured, frowning at Kikwang and Yoseob. The stern expression he wore had the two shutting their mouths immediately before they’d even had the chance to voice their complaints. The band leader threw a pointed look toward the bathroom door and the silence that said the shower had been turned off. 
 
“Hey,” Yoseob frowned and looked around the living room and kitchen. “Where is Junhyung?”
 
“Reading in the bedroom,” Dongwoon didn’t even look away from the computer screen as he said it. He’d been browsing the internet since he’d finished dinner. There were quite a few fan accounts of what had happened popping up on the fan sites. Junhyung had listened to Dongwoon reading them off for an hour before he’d told the maknae to stop. Hyunseung had stepped through the door with their manager only a short time after, so it was a good thing he’d made Dongwoon stop.
 
“He hasn’t really said much either,” Kikwang pointed out as he settled down on the floor and started to do sit-ups.
 
Doojoon tugged Yoseob down in between his legs to stop the smaller boy’s stressed pacing. Wrapping an arm around his middle, he set his chin on Yoseob’s shoulder, effectively holding him still without actually restraining him. “He was pretty worried about Hyunseung. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was in shock, too. It was a dangerous situation, Kwanggie.”
 
“Do you think Hyunseung would have been able to move in time?” Yoseob asked softly, turning his head so he could look at Doojoon’s face.
 
“No. I think he was too scared. If Junhyung hadn’t looked back at him..” Doojoon’s voice trailed off and he shook his head. 
 
All conversation ceased as the bathroom door opened and Hyunseung came out. Clad in a fresh tank and shorts, he dropped his dirty laundry off where it needed to go and silently went into the bedroom. 
 
Yoseob frowned. “He looks tired..”
 
---
 
Junhyung didn’t say anything as Hyunseung climbed into his bed and slid under the blanket. He’d been laying on his bed with a book, attempting to read. His attention span was shot to hell, though, given the events of the evening. Not surprising. So when Hyunseung turned his back on him and didn’t even give a greeting, he knew the other boy was exhausted - in more ways than one.
 
Ten minutes later, Junhyung slid under his own blanket, having turned off the light and bid the other members good night. He laid on his back and stared at the bottom of the bunk above him for awhile, listening to the quiet murmurs coming from the living room while he waited for sleep to claim him.
 
The body beside his shifted before he could fall asleep.
 
As Hyunseung turned to face him, Junhyung couldn’t help his gaze being drawn to the dancer. His eyes traveled over Hyunseung’s features, soaking everything in while inspecting for bruises or a cut. There was nothing. Then again, if there were going to be something it would probably be on the back of his head, since that was what had hit the floor… 
 
Damn it, he should have tried to check before he turned the light off! And before Hyunseung turned over…
 
He was so caught up in his inward complaints that it was a full minute before he realized that his bandmate’s eyes were open.
 
And watery.
 
“Y-Yah!” Junhyung whispered, his own eyes widening. “What’s.. What’s wrong with you?”
 
Well that came out brilliantly. He winced at his own choice of words and made a mental note to improve his social skills, or variety shows were going to be a disaster.
 
At first, Hyunseung didn’t say anything, blinking rapidly to try and dispel any impending tears. When he did try to answer, his throat kept choking up. “I-I… To… Today uh…”
 
Junhyung watched him struggle for a little longer before he gave in and cut him off. Reaching out, he grabbed hold of the dancer’s arm and tugged him onto the middle bed with him, leaving his blanket behind. 
 
Hyunseung gasped and squirmed, immediately trying to wriggle his way back onto his own bed. “Jun-”
 
“Just shut up and stay still for awhile,” Junhyung muttered gruffly as he threw his own blanket over Hyunseung so it would cover them both. Once he’d gotten the other boy tucked into his bed with him, he hooked an arm around his waist and closed his eyes.
 
For several minutes, Hyunseung just laid there, eyes wide open in shock at the rapper’s strange behavior. He wasn’t sure what to think, not about Junhyung’s initiation of cuddling or his words or what he’d done earlier in the evening. When he realized Junhyung had no intention of letting him go, it made the urge to cry that much stronger.
 
He turned away from the teen and waited until he thought Junhyung was asleep before finally letting himself have a much needed cry. It was quiet so as not to bring the others in the bedroom to make a fuss, but it was definitely a cry. At least Junhyung was probably asleep already and wouldn’t hear it.
 
The arm around his waist squeezed gently.