EPILOGUE

A Game of Love at First Sight

 

Minor Miracle

 

People tend to forget how the wide the world is and let the simple miracles that occur by pass. Praying for a greater miracle and grander life, we lost satisfaction on simple pure things that can make us happy. We became greedy. It was human nature. We sometimes sail in misty seas for adventure than the calm warm seas. It was that foolishness that made us grieve. We were blind of the the small dust of precious gold around us. I was also same until I met the loving persona of Kim Minseok. He was perfect and kind. The man who gave me bliss more than I can handle. I, like any other man, missed my chance to love him for fifteen years. I let the sweet alluring sensation of his overflowing awkward love to dust. I was grateful for the second chance fate gave me.

The bliss of loving Minseok and being replied with the same still sends shiver to this wretched body. His colorful expressions and pure heart made the world brighter. Everyday was like living in cloud nine. I thank God again and again for the wonderful present he gave me. Minseok became my everything and my world and I was satisfied with it. There were rough winds on our sailing ship but his comforting voice and loving gaze was enough strength supply for me to go on. It was only the fear of losing him that made my heart cry in wailing despair. Yet, when he left me first, I felt happy as I watched the peaceful and euphoric smile on his face plastered beautifully on his aged. It was as if he was saying that he will be waiting. It was then I realize that our love was strong enough that death can't severe it that I smiled.

Our memories still remains vivid in this slowly deteriorating head of mine. The scent, the colors, the sounds, the sensations, all so clear that it seems to have happened just a minute ago. It was his lingering presence on earth that made comforted me on my loneliness as I sail the waters alone. The sound of his melodical laughter automatically replays on my mind when the sailing gets though and I carefully goes on. It was the very thought of him guarding me from above that made me fight for a little longer collecting stories for him to hear next time we meet again. Warmth rushed in my body. It was the light comfortable kind of heat that makes me shiver that appears eveytime I think about rewinding our story again. Often I was asked if I would change anything, the constant answer would be no. Minseok would just smile at my answer agreeing to my word. If I would change anything it won't be as beautiful as it is now.

I have nothing to regret in my lifetime. In fact, there were many to thank for. The overflowing memories came to me as strength depart from my body. I smiled sincerely as I can see Minseok's calm and loving figure greeting me. Slowly closing my physical body, I slowly took Minseok's hand in mine. 

"What are you thinking, Lulu?" He asked as I stared at my body peacefully sleeping in our cottage away from the bustling city. My aged features carved with nothing but the expression of bliss. 

"That I lived a wonderful life" I answered as I stared at his loving gaze. An angelic smile forming on his lips. He agreed with me with the nod of his head. It may be not as grand as what people usually think of a miracle but our simple blissfull life alone toegether was for me the greatest miracle. So take care of the minor miracle in your life too.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------THE END------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------