Chapter 1: The day they gave name to each other.

A Game of Love at First Sight

The fast and steady drumming of thoughts inside my head did nothing to erase a certain someone's facial features. It just added to my headaches. Two days have passed and I popped up every now and then at the cafe. Xiumin would greet me warmly everytime I would visit but would urgently return to his office after. Nothing really developed after that day except for his greetings which added enough frustration in my case and amusement to Jongin's. A soft knock loud enough to halt my running thoughts echoed softly. 

"Yes, come in" I answered eyes unbudged to the paper I was currently reading. I was waiting for the intruder to speak. I assumed that it was my young secretary, Chen. I looked up and saw a embarrassed Xiumin in front of my table. I gulped. A dream? He smiled at me awkwardly not losing the boyish charm he had. My heart beat quickened into a gentle pit-a-pat. 

"I am disturbing, aint I?" He fiddled with his fingers before he shyly inquired. I placed my papers into the table and leave not a single thought to it. I shook my head silently and offered him a seat praying he would. I won't mind him leaving a small presence in my office. He did. "Excuse me then."

"Quite a surprise visit, Xiumin-er-ssi?" I stumbled with my words. Our relationship has not yet reached into where I can call him in friendly terms. He smiled broadly like a child. Oh dear! He is killing me. I coughed awkwardly earning a worried look from him. 

"Oh! Are you sick? Your red and coughing." He titlted his head in hopes to get a better view. I smiled at him assuring him that I am fine. "You got a cute smile, Luhan-ssi" He blurted out smilingly. He was becoming more comfortable. 

"Thanks for the concern, I'm just a little bit tired." I want to say 'your smile is a lot cuter' which was definitely true but somehow it sounds tacky. "Do you need anything?" He looked at me blankly for a second before he came to remember what he was here for. 

"Yes, Jongin told Kyungsoo to tell me to deliver this to you" That explains his entrance in my office. Jongin must have dropped a word to the secretary. I eyed the note weirdly. A weird aura was coming out of it. "I didn't read it, of course" I took it. 

"I trust that you didn't, of course" I offered him a smile. I opened the note and scanned it contents. My dear Luhan-hyung by the time you read this letter you should be really rejoicing since I sent Xiumin-hyung. Treat it as an advance christmas present. I'll be usin that summer villa of yours in Carribean for vacation right now. Don't bother calling, you can't. And oh! I left some papers in your table, in case you haven't seen it. those are Xiumin-hyung's like and dislikes. Fair deal, right? You can also accompany him on his continuous search for new flavors. He goes around a lot. I am helping you 'cause you're pathetic. Just this once though. Love, Jongin. P.S. Don't do anything weird to Xiumin-hyung. You won't want Kyungsoo getting angry, trust me. I crumpled the paper as I imagined Jongin's haughty look when he was writing the stupid note. I don't want people touching my properties and yet he dares. A shadow loomed over me. As fast as my anger rises is as fast it cooled down. Somehow its strange that only a glance at Xiumin's face can delete all my frustration. I smiled. Xiumin was looking at me with a curious and worried expression. "Um, care for some snacks with me?" He brightened up.

"Are you sure? Um. You were working and I don't mean to disturb"

"No, you're not disturbing at all, Xiumin-ssi. I was a little bit tired anyway and was about to call it a day"

"But the day has just started its still 8 o'clock." He answered chuckling in amusement. 

"That was a figure of speech"

"I don't think it was used that way."

"Do you want the snack or not?" I must have raised my tone since he looked down. I chuckled loudly. "You look much like cat with a face of a baozi" He lightened up once again. His mood really changes easily. 

 

It was past ten o'clock in the morning when we arrived at the cake shop, my secretary told me about. Chen has a thing for sweets which thankfully came in handy. Xiumin looks like he's having the time of his life eating his chocolate mousse. He seems to have a sweet tooth. He eyed me and tilted his head cutely. A chocolate was on his cheek. "You're not eating? It's yummy" He eyed the strawberry shortcake that was left untouched. I smiled at him. How can someone ever be this cute? I wiped the chocolate on his cheek and it. The chocolate strangely taste sweeter in a very delicious way. He blushed. I must remind myself to hold back. He smiled and muttered a cute thank you. He was still eyeing the shortcake then at me. 

"You can eat it if you want" He shook his head. He sliced the cake with his fork and feed it to me. I was shocked but complied on his cute silent orders. He grinned happily. 

"You finally ate. I was worried that you don't like cakes" He clapped his hands like an innocent child. I chuckled in amusement. How can I not like cakes after this.

"Well, it was delicious"

"I told you. It's a waste to order it without eating. Now that he was relieved that I ate the cake which I found really cute of him. He was now drooling over the remaining shortcake. I sliced a bit with the same fork and offered it to him. He was about to eat it when I put it in my mouth. He looked disappointed. He pouted and blew his cheeks. I grinned. "You're mean" I was unable to control myself and bursts out laughing. He followed laughing comfortably. He was staring at me when he suddenly blurted out. "You look like a deer, so cute. You're a deer, Luhan-ssi" It stuck a nerve. I was deliberating whether to get mad or to be happy being called cute by someone like him. 

"I am not hearing a word of it from a walking baozi" He stuck a tongue out. So childish. He was laughing at least. "Call me Luhan" He grinned. 

"Call me Xiumin-hyung" Finally I seemed to have gotten closer. 

"No. You'll be baozi-hyung" He pouted once again blewing those round cheeks with air once again. He's really murderously cute.

"You're really mean. Fine. You'll be Lulu then" Again, I felt irritated. This man is a masterpiece. How can he easily stir emotions in me? Despite the really cheesy and childish sounding nickname, I'll remember this day forever.