Chapter 6: A life with Kim Minseok

A Game of Love at First Sight


Bliss. There was nothing more than that emotion in state. It was his smell that woke me up, the lovely sweet smell that works better than drugs in addicting. A smell that I have monopoly of. Minseok stirred in his sleep his head on my arms. I stared at his peaceful face adorably smiling as he snuggled closer to my chest. I worked my arms to pull him in a tight hug before I buried my nose in the crevice between his neck and shoulder whiffing his smell. He chuckled in my chest. Every morning was beautiful for the past three months. Minseok, after being released from the hospital, moved in my apartment which was apparently humungously messy for his taste. I chuckled at the memory of his expression when he entered the apartment. It was sloppy and messy since I am not a man who takes priority of the state I am living in. He squirmed under my embrace. 

"Come on! Let's get up" I tightened my embrace which earned another chuckle from him. "Luhan, you'll not be late to work again. Do Jongdae some favor once in awhile" He reproached as I kissed his shoulders. 

"5 more minutes?" I murmured earning a laugh as he detach himself from me. He pulled his strength and slowly got off the bed before he dragged my white blanket away. 

"Honestly you're such a child sometimes! Come on, get up already" He demanded trying to pull the blanket off me as we engaged in a tug of war which he won. Minseok, as I observed, is very strong more so than me. I curled in the bed refusing to get up. He poked my sides threateningly. "Get up~"He cooed lovingly. I grinned at him mischievously as I pulled him into a cuddle. 

"A kiss? Maybe I'll listen" he flushed red. Minseok is really cute even with the months of us living together he is still flushed at every intimate contact we have. He said he just couldn't get use to the heart flutters. Even though shy, he never refused my advances. Playfully, he hit my chest before he planted a quick peck on my cheeks. I pulled him closer as I initiated a long french kiss savoring the sweet taste of it. I grinned, he looked down. He was really cute. Sometimes I forget that he is older. He dragged his feet out of the room. 
"Take a bath, I'll make some breakfast" He stated behind the closed doors. I smiled as he head towards the bathroom. 

 

 

"Good morning, sir" Chen greeted as soon as I walked towards the office. His face relax and smiling. "You're 30 minutes early for the meeting, sir" he informed. "Good day, Minseok-ssi" He greeted the meritorous baozi who was walking behind. 

"Good morning, Jongdae-ah! Would you like some cookies?" He replied. I smiled at his beaming face towards my employee. Minseok's attitude, much to her mother's delight, was very unlike the young robotic and logical Minseok as he was often seen smiling and warm towards everyone. Though his old personality would surface every now and then when we engaged into silly quarrels which obviously would be later subdued. My secretary loved Minseok's pastries that he excitedly nodded as a response. They became good friends immediately because of their common love for sweets. I glared at my secretary who cowered but still received the pastries. "Work well, okay?"

"Yes, sir" My secretary answered with a nervous chukle as he walked away. I grinned. 

"Much better" I whispered earning a warning glare from baozi. I chuckled for instead of intimidation that it must exude a wave of cuteness and adorable loveliness was released. Minseok became the company's healing figure as his smile and cheerful personality seems to bless those who stare at it. A rumour runs amok the company that who ever received his smile will have a great day. It was not entirely wrong though because Minseok, opposite to what he claimed, is a walking angel. As we entered the office, Minseok immediately walked towards the piling collection of books inside my book shelves. 

"It increased again" He stated curiously. His memory for details was absolutely remarkable. One addition or a simple change of arrangements in the bookshelf won't escape his attention. He turned his gaze to me and I shrugged. Kyungsoo must have ordered Chen to add it. Kyungsoo much to Jongin's displeasure really dotes on his brother too much. He loves making his brother smile. Not that I mind though. He took a book from the shelf and sat on the sofa. It was the routine as I work precisely and hastily on the documents on hand. Time to time, he would peek at the progression of my work learning the know-hows of running the business and advising my decisions which sometimes brings us in an heated exchange of opinion in these matters. He would mostly likely win. Now I know Chanyeol's frustration when he was young. I chuckled at the thought. Minseok is a genius though he would often deny it with a simple statement 'My mind is just a little bit organize than anyone' which was an understatement. Sparing a glance at the humming baozi flipping the pages of the book carefully, a warm feeling rushed towards me. I could get use to this forever.


"He is my heir!" thundered the furious voice of Kim Tae-ho as he points to the calm and impassive Minseok sitting beside the attentive Joonmyeon. It was 4  in the evening that we arrived at the luxurious restaurant booked by the cold old tycoon. Lady Sohyee huffed as she cross her arms against her chest at the stubborn old man in her front. I glanced at my watch which stated that it was quarter to six.I sighed. The argument has been at it for nearly two hours and neither sides are showing surrender. Kyungsoo stared at them boredly. His longing to transfer his seat and talk to his dear brother was reflected in his big clear eyes. The intense atmosphere was halted by the arrival of Kris and his father, Wu Xia Yu. 

"Good evening Tae-ho-ssi, Sohyee-ssi" Kris father greeted in Korean his heavy chinese accent showing. Kris grinned at me then nodded to Minseok who smiled in return. The occupants in the room except the newly arrived guest and Minseok were surprised by the sudden appearance. Lady Sohye and Mr. Kim Tae-ho spared glances at each other. 

"This is supposed to be a family matter, Xia Yu-ssi" Tae-ho stated earning a chuckle from the latter. Kris trodded behind his father steps who comfortably took the empty seat across Minseok while smiling. 

"Yes. It was this young lad o'er here that invited me over. He propose a very interesting deal" Kris father chuckled at the sight of my genius baozi then to me as he commented "You're taste are certainly of great standard, Lu Han. Such fine young man is wasted on you" He roared in a marvelous laughter. The two conflicting parties sat on their respective seats. Minseok remained silent and knowing. His expression calm and professional. The expression of a businessman. 

"Straight to the business, shall we?" Minseok started his tone amiable but intimidating. A tone befitting of business transactions. I smiled proudly at him. "First of all, I would not withdrew my position as the scion of the Kim Estate" his statement earned a dignified smile from his grandfather while his mother was glaring at the old man. "Second, Kyungsoo is to be named heir of the Do Estate as it orignally was and the with this I shall establish an alliance with both the estate. The alliance of the estates would automatically be in effect after grandfather shall retire in his position otherwise I shall not be named as heir.  Under this new alliance, a new conglomerate shall be born whose name shall be discussed later on" He continued earning a smile from Kyungsoo and his mother and a surprise expression from his grandfather. The newly arrived guest simply smiled at his words knowingly. "The new conglomerate shall then therefore join the golden alliance and shall join Dawn Trades, Wu Inc, Kai Shippings, and Huang Empire as its list of members and will buy some of the shares from the said companies and shall sell some of its shares to the said companies as a mutual agreement of trust. Tonight along with our humble guest Mr. Wu Xia Yu and his son Wu Yifan we shall settle the documents" I stared at him with disbelief. He grinned at me. 
"Well, well, a very interesting proposal, isn't it?" Kim Tae-ho looked distressed and contemplated over his actions while Lady Sohye clapped her hands in delight. The old man released a heavy sigh. Kyungsoo simply grinned while Joonmyeon was smiling. The historical contract signing happened and all sides agreed to the terms. 



I pulled him in an embrace as soon as we were out of sight. He let out a sound of surprised and chuckled softly. Despite his professional demeanor, he was nervous as he was clutching my hand tightly. The whole proceedings went well, amazing even. 
"Did I do okay?" He said worriedly and I nodded in his shoulders intaking his presence. He hummed as he partially closed his eyes. "Really?"

"Uhum" I answered still intoxicated at his smell and warmth as I pulled him much closer. "You did well, baozi" I whispered as he blushed different shades of red at the close contact. 

"I have a good teacher afterall" He turned around facing me. As he cupped my cheeks and trapped my gaze into his loving one. "Thank you, Lulu" He said. 

"For teaching you how to deal like a businessman? I didn't do much, you learned it all" He shook his head as he hugged me tight. Warm drop of water trickled down to my shirt. 

"For loving me and letting me love you" I held him tightly and broke the hug away staring at his watery eyes. Smiling to him lovingly. 

"Sshhh" I comforted before he beamed the brightest and cutest smile at me. "I should be the one thanking you for your pure 15 years of love. I love you, baozi" I wiped his tears and offered him the most loving smile I could give. The warm sensation that runs in me was something so precious, so wonderful, that I have been prisoned by it. It was his love and my love for him that made me a happy man. 

"I love you too, Lulu. I'll always do" He whispered before I pulled him into an intimate kiss that made us beg for more. A sweet electrifying kiss that is impossible to forget. A kiss that surely we will share for a many of years to come. I don't care about anything else as long as I have him by myside. It was a light and comfortable feeling at first the sound of my own heartbeat quickening at his sight. Funny how I said it was love at first sight when I have wasted 15 years of time at his side but it was all in the past for I am sure that today and tomorrow and the days after I'll love him stronger by the minute. A feeling that brings life and colors in me. I love Kim Minseok to the never ending point. He became my life and I of his. Cloud nine is an understament to describe my feelings as I live a life with Kim Minseok.