Another Day

Boys vs. Girls

 

 

BoA and Roz were in a high. Ever since their date with Yunho and Su the smiles on their faces wouldn't go away. The boys were going through the same thing themselves. Not only did they have a chance to go out with the girls they liked but they had an awesome time as well. All four of them were in obvious bliss that it was starting to piss their friends off.

Sunny couldn't get BoA to say one word about the date. Micky wanted to punch his friends because unlike them it seemed like ever since friday he'd gone one step forward with Steph only to plumet down  three steps over the weekened. The other boys were just annoyed because they weren't having as much luck as they'd hoped with the girls they'd chosen. Tiffany was pissed that Yunho had a good time at his date because that meant he wouldn't think about going out with her. Jess was ignoring her friend because as of late she seemed to have a bad adittude, now she concentrated on dodging Siwon everytime the guy tried asking her out. Over all it seemed like not everyone was having as good a time as those four.

"What's with the long face?" Steph walked towrds Ray. She was a little late meeting her friend since one of her teachers had asked to see her before lunch. At the time it didn't seem like the meeting would take long so she hadn't bothered to inform Ray, now she wondered whether she should have told her after all.

"People are annoying," she replied with a sour look.

"Is that directed at me?" Roz pointed to Ray's face then herself as she entered.

Steph smirked, "I doubt it, but with her you never know."

"What did I do?" Roz looked a little frantic. Steph just smiled in victory.

Roz narrowed her eyes at her. "You were joking?"

"Yep," Steph nodded and grinned as she looked at Roz pouting. "Ow!" she yelped after being pinched in the leg by Ray.

"Knock it off," Ray demanded."

"Sorry," Steph rubbed the back of her head as she smiled sheepishly. "So people are annoying...?" she inquired getting back to the topic at hand.

Ray sighed earning a surprised gasp from Roz. It wasn't everyday when she got the chance to pinpoint Ray's actions and expressions.

"I've been trying to open up," Ray admitted as she looked at the floor. Revealing this was kind of embarrassing so right now her eyes were concentrated on the floor patterns. "So people have actually started coming up and talking to me. However, all they're actually doing is bugging me so I've been getting the urge to just go back to when everyone avoided me."

"No way!" Roz cried out, Steph and Ray looked at her in shock. Usually Roz didn't speak out like this when it came to Ray.

"I'm sorry for the outburst," she apologized. "But I think you shouldn't go back to being ignored. Right now you feel like that because the attention is foreign but later you'll get used to it."

Steph grinned, she was glad that Roz and Ray were starting to seem like real friends. Also ut brought her joy that Ray was starting to come out of her shell. She was really proud of her friend and her strength.

"Don't worry about it," Ray waved the apology away. "Its actually good advice, so for now I'll continue opening up little by little. Anyway I have to go so I'll see the two of you later." With that Ray put away all her things in her bag. Then she got up, waved good bye to her friends and left.

"Hey Steph?"

"Yeah?" Steph turned to look at Roz with a raised eyebrow.

"Why haven't you ever encouraged Ray to open up?" Roz asked critically. If Steph had opened up the suggestion Roz bet Ray would have taken her advice along time ago. With that being said maybe Ray would have had more friends than just Steph. Unless it was Steph's intention to keep Ray from having friends and all to herself. But that just didn't seem like something Steph would do.

"You know you should stop thinking to hard," Steph chuckled. By looking at Roz's face she could easily tell that she was trying to figure out the answer to her own question before Steph had a chance to answer. "Look I never tried to talk Ray into it because I thought it was an idea she had to come to on her own. Besides I'd suggested it countless times but she never wanted to. She was always content with how things were and when I tried pushing she would get angry at me and she wouldn't talk to me for days. So eventually I decided to just leave it up to chance and fate. I figured she would eventually get over her fear of trusting people and start opening up. Which is why I'm happy that she managed to become friends with you."

Roz looked at Steph critically. She was glad that Steph wasn't trying to intentionally isolate Ray but her words made her wonder. "Are you saying that you wanted us to be friends?"

"Yup," Steph grinned. "I like you Roz. Your a good person and I knew that having you join us would open Ray up." Steph looked up at the sky before saying her next words. "It was about time Ray learned to be around someone other than me." Steph stopped looking up and redirected her gaze at Roz. "Thanks to you Ray won't be so shy and expressionless."

~*~

"Ok what the hell is wrong with the two of you?" Su asked Junno and Micky.

"its nothing," both guys grumbled.

The Kim brothers along with yunho, siwon and changmin looked at each other with dubious looks. There was definitely something wrong with thier friends even if they denied it.

"dude fess up," Min gave Junno a small shove on the shoulder.

"You too," Jae stared at Micky intently. "Or else." He threatened,

Both boys looked at each other then at their friends and finally each other again. Since Junno was younger Micky montioned for him to talk first.

"Look guys I'm just being dumb," he started. "It turned out that Ray has been getting a lot of attention so I haven't had a chance to talk to her."

"You too huh," Micky said. "I'm having the same issue with Steph. I feel like she's avoiding me. It's like I'm back to square one with her."

"Oh!" Min exclaimed getting everyone's attention. "That reminds me, Micky, Steph told me to tell you that she's been busy so she forgot to call you. Also she wanted to know if you'd mind practicing at her house instead of the music room today."

Everyone at the table was silent. They could practically feel Micky's emotions shift from depressed to angry in a matter of seconds.

"Let me get this straight," Micky gritted through his teeth. "I've been freaking all this time while you knew all along about this and didn't tell me?"

"Uh...I'm sorry," Min apologized.

"Yeah so am I," he retorted before he shot himself at Min.

Thankfully Su was fast enough to pull Min away before he got caught and ended in the hospital. Jae and Yunho grabbed Micky and tried to to chuckle at his struggles. When they ended they finally let go of Micky, it seemed like he had calmed down and his anger was gone. At that point Min was sitting as far away from the older boy as possible, he didn't very much like the idea of sporting a black eye or any other injury Micky could cause him.

Micky ran his fingers through his hair. "Sorry Min. But you really have lousy timing."

"Look I already apologized." Min replied. "Besides I've been preocupied with other things. So much so that Steph had to repeat her message to me three times before I even caught on that she was telling me something important, and she was in a hurry so I kind of placed the info in the back of my mind."

"When and Why were you with her?" Jae asked him.

"Steph and I are working on this math thing together," Min explained. "We saw each other on Saturday but not for long because she had to go see her brother."

"Steph has a brother?" Jae, Siwon and Yunho asked.

All the others nodded.

"Does he go here?" Yunho wondered. "I've never seen her with a younger kid."

"Not sure," Min answered. Ever since he found out about Steph having a brother he'd wondered the same thing. She always came to school with Ray and never with another boy. Actually he doubted that he would have ever found out that she had a brother if the incident with Sunny hadn't happened.

"Its not like I want to change the subject or anything but all of you totally ignored me," Junno whinned. Sometimes he really acted like a little kid.

"Sorry Junno," they apologized.

"Word of advice," Siwon looked at him. "Admit defeat. That girl will never pay attention to you."

"How do you know?" Junno asked angrily.

"Cuz she doesn't seem like the type that will like you," Siwon stated. "What the hell Jae!" Siwon rubbed the spot on his head where Jae had smacked him.

"Don't listen to him Junno," Jae smiled at him. "I'm sure she'll come around."

"I hope so," Junno whsipered.

~*~

"So who are we waiting for?" Ray asked Steph. It had been five minutes since they reached Steph's car and her friend hadn't even bothered starting the car yet. She kept on looking out the window like she was expecting someone or something.

"Micky is supposed to come over today," Steph said as she looked around. If the guy made her wait anymore not only was she going to leave but she was going to get angry.

"Oh look he's coming," Ray pointed at the figure coming their way.

"Hey, sorry," he apologized. "Got stuck picking stuff up after class."

"Its ok," Steph smiled at him trying to hid away her developing anger. After all it wasn't Micky's fault she was so impatient today. Nope that fault was reserved for another guy who was becoming an annoyance in her life.

"So how do we do this?" Micky asked. He wasn't sure whether he should ride in her car with them since he had his bike with him. There was no way he would leave his motorcycle at school. It was bound to get stolen or something equally bad.

"Just follow my car," Steph replied. "We'll be stopping by Ray's first since I'm dropping  her off. Then we'll head to my house."

"Sounds like a plan," he agreed.

Two minutes later a car and a motorcycle left the school grounds at the same time.


Finally!! I have finished writing another chapter. Now I can finally update this fic again, yay ^_^...I hope I'm able to update another chapter sooner rather than later. Well I hope I don't have to many mistakes and that everyone reading this will forgive me for taking forever to update. Until next time. XD