Are My Eyes Deceiving Me?

Boys vs. Girls

 

 

 

 

Tiffany had called Jessica earlier and knew that she wasn't home. She'd also texted Yunho to ask if he was home, to receive a yes. With Jessica gone she could talk to Yunho alone and get her plan in motion. She was happy that Jessica had supplied her with the bet information. It surprised her that she'd teamed up with Sunny while she was gone but that didn't really interest her. All that mattered was that she was going to finally get close to Yunho. What she was going to do was underhanded and sneaky but if it was the only way to get what she wanted, she'd take it.

She arrived at the Jung residence in less then twenty minutes. It took three minutes for anyone to open the door. To her luck it was Yunho.

"Hey," he greeted her. "Jessica isn't here."

"I know," she told him. "Can I come in?"

"Sure," he stretched the word moving away.

She walked in as she told him that she needed to talk to him. Yunho led her to the living room. He motioned for her to sit and she did. When they were both seated and comfortable she looked straight at him. Her plan was rather simple. What was difficult was keeping things together. She needed everything to go as planned. That way even if Yunho disliked her for what she was doing, he would eventually return her feelings. This part of the plan was always proved to be the most problematic and burdensome. She needed him to like her back. So later when they looked back at how they came together they could laugh about it. Yunho would tell her that she didn't need to go through at that trouble. At first she would disagree but he would later convince her that there was another way. Unfortunately that wouldn't happen if she didn't get this right.

"Well Yunho," she began. "There's something important I need to speak to you about."

"What is it?" he asked unsuspiciously. 

"I know about the bet," she told him critically.

As her words came out his smile wavered a little but when back into place. The bet was a secret. There was no way she knew anything about it. Besides even if she'd found out about it, the bet was over. Yunho decided that the best solution would be for him to deny what she was talking about.

"Bet?..what bet?" he asked her. He tried to mask the worry he felt that she was telling the truth.

She sighed. Tiffany wished that Yunho would have admitted to the bet early on. It was never good to reveal a person in a lie. But she knew it wouldn't be easy to get him, so everything was fine.

"I'm talking about the bet you made with your friends," she told him. "I'm really not..." he started to deny again when she interrupted him. It was better to do it now than later. "I have proof."

His eyes widened. "What proof?" He nervously asked her.

"Oh you know," she pretended to act bored but commanding. "The list, the money and rules." She listed, raising a finger for each thing.

The more she listed the less happy Yunho looked. With a big sigh he looked at her.

"Why are you telling me this?"

She stopped talking and looked at him. She smiled but it didn't reach her eyes. "I want you to be my boyfriend. That's why." She looked at him like it was obvious and he was a dummy for not realizing it.

"I can't," he rejected her.

Her smile feel. She looked at him annoyed and spoke. "You will be my boyfriend."

"No I won't," he scoffed. "I think its time you left."

He got off the couch and motioned towards the door. When Tiffany stayed seated he walked towards her and lifted her off the couch. He lightly pushed her towards the door.

"Bye," he waved as he headed towards the stairs. Hoping to reach his room and get the unpleasant visit out of his head.

"I'll tell her everything," Tiffany threatened.

He stopped in his tracks. Turned around and looked at her. Her posture and her face were unwavering. She was serious.

He glared at her. "Tell who, what?" flew out of his mouth through his teeth.

She rolled her eyes. "You know who. Roz....I'll tell her about the bet and show her proof."

"Are you serious?" he looked at her perplexed.

"Of course," she nodded. "All I want is for you to be my boyfriend. Do that and she stay oblivious to the bet." her next words were spoken clearly and laced with sweetness. "Refuse me and I'll tell her about the bet. It may be over. But I'm pretty sure she'd send you to hell if she knew of its existence." Tiffany smiled at him with closed eyes and a small tilt to her head.

Yunho gritted his teeth. Tiffany had him and it pissed him off.

"Fine," he reluctantly agreed. "I'll be your boyfriend."

"Great," Tiffany grinned. "Now let's go on a date."

 

~*~

 

Ray didn't have to work that day. She was happy because she was still kind of exhausted. Yesterday she'd ended up spending her whole afternoon with Woohyun. It brought her great joy that the both of them could still hang out together after all the time that had passed. The fact that he still knew the things she liked and disliked made her happy. Of course he had to relearn some thing cuz she'd learn to like certain things in recent years it wasn't that much. He hand't changed that much either so it made her happy.

The both of them had agreed to meet later that day so they could have more fun together. Until then she would relieve her tiredness at Mirotic as she bugged Steph and Roz as well as BoA. Staring straight ahead she stopped in her tracks. She saw a very familiar looking figure walking with someone he shouldn't be. She shook her head and rubbed her eyes thinking that she has imagining that Yunho was holding hands with Tiffany. When she'd come home it was really late. So she'd gone to bed late. However, when the image didn't go away no matter how many times she rubbed her eyes she knew it wasn't an apparition of her imagination. Yunho really was walking around holding hands with Tiffany. The fact that he couldn't hide as well the fact that he was miserable was lost on her as she picked up the pace to Mirotic.

They were done. The bet was one thing. But dating someone else while pretending to like her friend was crossing the line. It was definitely time to act. When Roz reached Mirotic she opened the door and stepped inside. It was cooler in there than outside but at the moment she payed little attention or importance to that. She looked around and watched as Steph took a customer's order. Instead of standing there and waiting for her friends to notice her presence she walked towards the back door that lead into the kitchen.

BoA jumped in surprise when Ray walked in.

"Sorry," she apologized. It wasn't her intention to scare her friend.

"Its ok," BoA waved her hand.

"Is Roz here?" she looked around. BoA seemed to be the only one currently there.

BoA shook her head. "She had to go out."

"Damn," Ray cursed.

"What's wrong?" BoA looked at her in concern.

Just then Steph walked into the kitchen and looked at them both.

"Hey...Ray," she greeted, surprised to see Ray there. She was under the impression that Ray would still be sleeping or at home. Last night when she called her she didn't pick up her cell phone so she'd sent a text. When that was left unanswered she called her home only to have Hoya pick up and tell her that she was still out.

"i just saw Yunho and Tiffany holding hands," Ray blurted. It was better to get it all out and over with. "I was hoping that Roz would be here so I could tell all of you together."

"Are you sure?" BoA gasped.

Steph didn't say anything. It was really hard to say something when she thought about the bet. It was quite possible that Yunho was dating Tiffany, but then again she had liked him for a while and he had never payed much attention to her. All she was sure of was that she couldn't give a direct answer. Not the one she wanted anyway. BoA was there and she had no idea about the bet the boys made.

"...Don't you think Steph?" she snapped out of her thoughts to see that BoA was asking her something.

"Huh?" she replied.

"Yunho likes Roz. He wouldn't be dating Tiffany," BoA said.

"Well..." she started slowly. "I'm not really sure. All I know is that Ray doesn't lie. So what possible reason would there be for her to see what she saw."

"But," BoA bit her lip. "He's gone on dates with Roz."

"This isn't good," Ray said.

Just then a phone rang. The tension in the air dissipated as Steph fumbled with getting her phone. She looked at the caller and her eyes cringed in confusion as well as surprise. There was worry creeping into her expression as well. Her phone conversation lasted less than three minutes when she hung up, grabbed Ray's arm and pulled her out of the kitchen.

"BoA there's an emergency at the hospital," she called as she hurried out. "Tell the others to come back from their breaks."

With that BoA watched her friend depart in a hurry. Worried as to what could be happening with Steph's brother.

 

~*~

 

Come to Jae's immediately

Yunho sent the message to everyone.

Currently he was pacing back and forth in Jaejoong's living room. His day had gone from okay to exceptionally bad in a small amount of time. He really hoped Roz hadn't seen him or heard anything about him being out with Tiffany. Not only that but he worried that one of her friends might have seen him with her. They were very close to Mirotic earlier and he didn't want Roz to think that he was cheating on her. It was bad enough that the bet was starting to become a problem now that it was over and done with than when it existed. To have Roz hate him would be the worst thing that could happen. He wanted to get rid of the bet so he could be with her freely. Now he was stuck with Tiffany's blackmail and he needed desperately to find a way to get away from her.

Jae watched as Yunho paced. His friend wouldn't tell him what was wrong until everyone else was there. It bothered him that Yunho was so distressed. He vaguely wondered if something bad had happened with Roz. There were so many things that could have happened. Not just with her but with something else. Like something personal and regards to his family. The more time passed the more nervous he became. Yunho's pacing didn't help one bit.

Min and Junno were the first ones to arrive since they were already on their way to Jae's in order to visit Junsu. Su joined them downstairs once both of his friends had gotten there. Siwon and Micky followed soon after. Only about a twenty minute difference. All of the guys stared at Yunho who kept on pacing even though they were already there.

"So...what's wrong?" Su broached the subject.

Yunho snapped out of his chaotic thoughts and looked at them all. "Tiffany knows about the bet." He clued them in.

Everyone stopped what they were doing. The room was filled with quiet. All that was heard in the room was the sound of their breathing.

"How?" Jae was the first one to ask.

"I don't know," Yunho ruffled his hair in exasperation. "She came to my house earlier and threatened to tell Roz about it if I didn't agree to be her boyfriend."

"Is that why you called this meeting?" Min asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes," Yunho sighed, Flopping down onto a seat. "I don't know what to do."

They all looked at each other. Tiffany knowing was a great problem. If Yunho did something to upset her she could very well go and tell all the girls about the bet. Then they would lose the girls they wanted to be with.

Siwon was really quiet as they all contemplated the possible things they could do to smooth things over. He wasn't sure whether he should tell them what he knew or not. The longer time passed the harder it seemed for him to tell them about Jessica. In the end Yunho's obvious desperation convinced him to talk. He revealed to them that Jessica knew. Tiffany probably learned about the bet from her.

His friends were shocked at first. Then a little mad that he hadn't said anything. Finally with a sigh they forgave him and began to make a plan that would help Yunho get rid of Tiffany and her blackmail.

 


 


 

Hi everyone. Here's the awaited update. ^_^...Ray I have updated in compliance to your update. lol. i wonder what you think of what's going on. As well as the thoughts of everyone else. You guys think the plan will work? will they be able to even execute it on time? What could possibly be happening at the hospital? I guess you won't know more until the next update. See ya then. ^~^