Giving You a Chance

Boys vs. Girls

 

“So how was your date?” Jae asked Yuhno during lunch.

“It was awesome,” he responded with a grin.

“So you’re getting closer,” Siwon stated.

“Yup I even have proof,” he took out his wallet. Inside was the picture that he had bought at the park of him and Roz looking at each other and smiling.

“What are you guys talking about?” Micky asked as he joined the table.

“Looking at Yuhno getting closer to the goal,” Siwon replied right away.

Jae and Yuhno looked at Siwon like he was an idiot.

“Oh cool,” was all Micky said as he got up from the table.

“Dude where are you going you just got here?” Jae asked with concern.

“I just remembered that I forgot something in the music room,” he answered as he left.

“,” Yuhno hit Siwon upside the head.

Jae stared at his friend leaving. He was starting to get worried for him. Micky wasn’t the kind of person who could deal with rejection well so he understood why he was acting like this. But for some reason this seemed like so much more, Steph’s rejection was affecting him more than when they were younger.

What kind of pull does this girl have on Micky? Jae thought.

~*~

“So you go visit your little brother every Saturday,” Roz repeated after Steph told her why she hadn’t wanted to go out with Micky.

“Yup,” Steph nodded.

“You knew about this?” Roz asked Ray.

“Of course,” Ray said like it was obvious. “I’ve been friends with Steph since we we’re kids. Taemin has always been like a little brother to me too so I visit him also.”

Roz stared at Ray with somewhat wide eyes. This was the first time Ray had ever spoken this much to her so it was surprising.

“I’m so glad I found you,” a girl came up to them out of breath.

“What’s up?” Steph asked her apparently knowing who she was.

“One of the teachers asked me to give this to you,” she gave Steph a piece of paper.

“Am I supposed to take this to the music room?” Steph asked looking at the paper.

“Yup,” the girl nodded.

“Why didn’t you take it yourself?” Roz asked the girl.

“Cuz its mine,” Steph answered for her. “Anyway I’ll see you two later.”

“Bye,” both Ray and Roz said.

“See ya,” Steph shot bacl as she left.

On her way to the music room she thought about her brother. She always did when she was alone or after telling someone about him. Steph snapped out of her thoughts though when she began to hear a piano playing. The melody sounded melancholy to her ears but it still sounded very beautiful. It’d been a while since the last time she heard this person play. This time she was going to find out who the person was and tell him how much she loved his music.

Opening the door she stopped in her tracks when she saw Micky sitting down and playing the piano. She decided that it wouldn’t be right to interrupt him while he played so she rested against the wall and listened. As she listened she began to contemplate that maybe she had been harsh on him and they should start over. He didn’t seem like a bad guy so maybe she should give him a chance to be friends at least. Someone who played this beautiful music couldn’t be all that bad.

“That was beautiful,” she said when he stopped playing.

Micky turned around startled to hear her voice. He stared at her for a while as she came closer to where he was.

“Thanks,” he finally answered, his checks turning kind of pinkish at her compliment.

“Embarrassed?” she asked looking at him.

He chuckled and shook his head no.

“Really?” she asked surprised. “If it were me I’d be embarrassed.”

“Just like when I caught you singing?” he asked remembering her reaction.

“Yeah,” she replied sheepishly. “I don’t usually sing in front of others so when you saw me I reacted badly…sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it,” Micky said happy that they were finally having a normal conversation. “People react differently when they’re embarrassed.”

“That they do,” she replied looking away.

“What’s that?” Micky asked looking at the paper in her hand.

“Music notes,” she replied.

“You play?” he asked.

“Um not really,” she answered. “Singings more my thing and I don’t even do that anymore.”

“Then why do you have music notes?” Micky was confused.

“There for my brother,” Steph answered before she could stop herself.

“You have a brother?” Micky asked surprised.

“Uh yeah he’s younger than me,” she said vaguely. “So I collect music notes that I know he’ll love, like this one.”

She showed the paper to Micky and he noticed that it was a piece meant to be played on the piano. Without thinking he began to play automatically as Steph continued to hold up the paper, he stopped playing though when he noticed that there were tears starting to form in her eyes.

Steph looked away and was about to walk away when Micky grabbed her hand.

“I don’t really know what’s up but I don’t think it would be a good idea to let you leave in that state.”

“I guess you’re right,” she sighed and sat down on the floor looking out the window.

“Do you need me to bring you anything?” he asked her.

“No I’m fine,” she looked right into his eyes then. “But I would appreciate it if you didn’t mention this to anyone.

“I promise that I won’t,” he replied as he stared into her eyes. They looked different from the first time that they met. Now they looked even sadder than they did then.

“So Micky will you do me a favor?” Steph asked hopeful.

“What favor?” he asked.

“Will you teach me how to play this piece,” she motioned towards the paper that she had dropped.

“Sure,” he agreed with a smile.

“Good I want to play this for my brother when he finally wakes up,” she whispered.

When he wakes up? Micky wondered as he looked at her. It was obvious that she hadn’t meant for him to hear her. Hmm but he did and now he wanted to find out what she meant.

~*~

“Hey Jessica,” Siwon greeted.

“What do you want?” she asked annoyed.

“Just seeing what you’re up to and wondering if you’d go out with me,” he replied.

“This is like the third time you ask me out,” she listed.” Like last time I’m going to tell you that you’re out of your mind.”

“Still waiting for Jae?” Siwon smirked at her.

She turned around and glared at him. “What are you talking about?”

“Oh come on I’ve noticed how you look at him,” Siwon said.

“I don’t look at him any special way,” she denied and began to walk away.

“If you accept to go out with me I’ll keep quiet about your special feelings,” he whispered in her ears.

“Fine just leave me alone,” she grimaced as she left.

“Bingo,” he said. “Sometimes a guy has to play dirty to get what he wants.”


Ok so I finally updated this fic. I hope people enjoyed and if it was short sorry. I won’t be posting anything for the next few days thought cuz I’m going camping so I’ll talk to everyone when I get back. Later people. ^O^