Amusement and Sorrow

Boys vs. Girls

 

“Man I’m nervous,” Roz said through the phone.

“I can tell since you called me so early in the morning and woke me up,” Steph teased through the other line.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to,” Roz apologized for the millionth time.

“Hey how were you supposed to know that I like sleeping in on the weekends,” Steph replied nonchalantly.

“You know I kind of thought you’d be awake by now its past nine and you mentioned you were going to the hospital…” Roz let her words die out.

“Yeah,” Steph yawned. “I am going but not until a little later.

“Why are you going to the horpistal anyway?” Roz asked hoping she’s finally get an answer.

“To visit someone, I’ll give you more details at when I see you at school after the weekend,” Steph replied with another yawn.

Roz chuckled. “I’ll let you get back to sleep then.”

“Bye bye,” Roz manages to hear before Steph hangs up.

After hanging up with Steph Roz’s uneasiness came back as she waited for Yuhno to show up in front of the entrance to the amusement park. She wasn’t sure whether she should have cancelled or not after what happened at school the other day. It was surprising to say they least when she heard that Steph had punched a guy at school in front of the whole cafeteria. But then again it had to do with Ray so anything was possible when it came to someone harming her. Roz had never seen Steph truly pissed off and she didn’t care to see her that way ever. The fact that Yuhno was friends with Junno kind of made it hard for her because she wasn’t sure whether Yuhno would decide to not show up because of what happened. Roz sighed wondering if she should have stayed home since Yuhno still hadn’t shown up and it was five past their meeting time, which meant that he was late.

“Sorry I’m late Roz,” a breathless Yuhno joined her.

“Did you run here?” she asked looking at him.

Yuhno was catching his breath and wiping at the little beads of sweat that had joined on his forehead. As he stood up straight he wiped at his clothes and tried to fix them more.

“Actually yeah,” Roz was beginning to think that he wasn’t going to answer her. “There was a lot of traffic from my house to here. I feared that I wouldn’t make it and that you’d think I stood you up.”

“Was starting to think that actually,” Roz said truthfully.

“Sorry I made you think that,” he apologized.

“Its fine,” Roz smiled at him with reassurance.

“Should we going?” Yuhno motioned towards the amusement park.

“Let’s go,” Roz agreed cheerfully.

The two of them walked into the park and looked at all the rides. They decided that they would walk through the park first so they could talk and get to know each other a little more after that they’d get on the rides. As they walked Yuhno made Roz laugh every time he made comments about what the other people there were doing. Roz had to smack him once though when he wouldn’t stop commenting about a couple they saw. The guy had spilled something on his jeans and his girlfriend had bent down to wipe it off. This act itself was something special but fueled by Yuhno’s words it became something more. In the end Roz had made him stop before they got kicked out for disrupting the peace.

“Let’s get on this,” Roz looked up at the roller coaster.

“You sure?” Yuhno asked.

“Yes,” she exclaimed.

Roz grabbed Yuhno’s hand and began to pull him to the line. Ten minutes later they strapped into the cart and waited for the ride to start. It started out slow at first then it began to catch speed. There were sharp turns here and there but that stopped when it reached a certain point in the ride. The cart began to get higher and higher up, Roz and Yuhno both looked down at one point and noticed that the people looked like little ants. Once the cart stopped moving up some people gave a sigh of relief while others didn’t get the chance as the coaster began to plummet down. There were screams coming from frightened and excited people, Roz and Yuhno made no such noise as they stared at each other with grins of their faces. When they got off the ride they heard people swearing that they would never get on again, Yuhno and Roz had other ideas though.

“Hey let’s look at our picture,” Roz led Yuhno to the pictures.

As they looked for their picture they saw that the picture had captured them staring at each other. Someone behind them commented on the cute couple which made Roz blush and Yuhno grin sheepishly.

“Can I buy the picture?” Yuhno asked the girl behind the counter.

“Sure,” she smiled at him.

“Here,” Yuhno gave Roz a copy.

“Thanks,” she smiled at him before she turned around and began to walk.

Two hours later they had gotten on 3 more roller coasters all different in size, 5 water rides and 2 haunted houses. They were beginning to get hungry so they decided to take a break and eat, plus it was a good excuse to rest their exhausted legs. Both of them ordered a hamburger and fries before they went to sit down at a table.

“So how come I never saw you at school until recently?” Yuhno asked Roz.

“Cuz I just started recently,” she replied. “My parents decided to come here sooner than expected. So in the meantime while I waited to enter I got a job at Mirotic café.”

“Do you enjoy working there?” Yuhno asked curiously.

“Yes,” she smiled. “BoA and Steph are nice people. Also the fact that I get to bake makes me happy.”

“You really like to bake,” Yuhno stated as he saw her radiate brightly.

“Well it’s always nice to see people eating what I bake,” Roz replied. “You and your friends seem to enjoy everything we have greatly.”

Yuhno chuckled. “Yeah everything tastes really good.”

“So why did you ask me out?” Roz asked him. She’d been wondering why he’d ask her when he didn’t even know her.

“I’d noticed you,” he replied. “It’s something I’d wanted to do and I guess I finally got the courage to ask you.”

Roz had to turn away at that as she felt her heart fluttered.  Yuhno’s words were starting to reach her heart and she wasn’t sure whether that was a good or bad thing.

“Hey look our foods ready,” she got up as she heard their number being called.

Both of them were in silence only speaking a little bit to each other. Once they were done they resumed to walk around the park. As they did so they neared a place full of people, they both stopped to check it out and noticed that there was a whale showing that was about to begin. They decided to watch the show so they followed the group of people and managed to get seats at the front. The show was amazing as they saw the two whales doing tricks in the water; it was a surprise that both whales were able to be in the tank at the same time. Watching the whales was relaxing and fun at the same time for Yuhno and Roz; it also helped clear away the uneasiness from earlier. Close to the end of the show both whales began to circle around the tank, once the circled it twice they blew water at the audience. Everyone who was sitting the first four rows got really wet, that included Roz and Yuhno. Both of them began to laugh at their soaked state it was something they couldn’t help but do. The rest of the date was great and when Yuhno and Roz both got home they were very happy.

~~~

In the meantime while these two were in their happy date Steph had gotten ready to go to the hospital. When she arrived everything seemed the same after all not much changes in a hospital, it always had those while walls and smelled like sick people. She’d gotten used to the smell of the hospital since she always came here on Saturdays and those rare times when she had free time.

“Hey,” Steph greeted the nurse behind the counter.

“Hi Steph,” the nurse greeted back. After coming here often it wasn’t a surprise that the hospital staff knew her by name.

“Any changes?” Steph asked hopeful.

“I’m sorry but no,” she replied back with a sad smile.

“Well I’m going to go in now,” Steph replied as she left.

Once she reached room 304 she turned the knob and walked into the room.


So here was the next chapter that I hope you guys liked. I’ll try to finish the next part as soon as possible. ^O^ Also sorry if any mistakes were found I wanted to post this as soon as possible so I didn’t bother to revise it.