Revelations

Boys vs. Girls

 

"have a nice day?" ray asked steph as she entered the room.

when she didn't hear an answer she closed her magazine and looked up. steph was laying on the floor with a piece of paper in her left hand. she looked lost in that one page. ray could tell that steph had crumpled the paper countless times. revealing that this wasn't the first time she'd looked at that lone piece of paper. "what's wrong?"

"huh," steph looked up. "nothing." she answered, her lips plastered into a grim line. ray could practically hear the gears in steph's mind working. steph was having a tough time deciding whether or not to tell ray anything.

not being able to take the silence anymore ray got up from her spot on her bed and went to steph. she knelled down in front of her friend and grabbed the crumpled piece of paper. so lost in thought steph didn't react fast enough. by the time she realized what happened and snatched back the paper ray had already finished reading it twice.

"So are you going to explain?" ray stared at her. sighing steph nodded her head with a groan she got off the floor and flopped down on her friends bed. "out with it." ray poked her.

steph moved her face to the right successfully taking it out of the covers. with a deep breath she told ray everything she'd heard.

"do you believe them?" was the first thing ray asked. "i didn't," steph said. "but that isn't their handwriting. i'm pretty sure its jae's. but it's weird that its photocopied, unless they made copies for everyone and this one happens to be yunho's."

both girls stayed quiet. each one lost in their own thoughts. steph thought about micky and her stomach churned. her emotions were also acting bipolar. she would go from doubtful, to pissed and then sad. not to mention the other flashed of emotions that overcame her as she kept on thinking of him.

ray on the other hand was disappointed. she'd hung out with junno at work today and she had actually had a good time. her brother's also seemed to like him so she was kind of looking forward to spending more time with him. she should have known guys weren't worth trusting.

"So since you heard about it at work did you tell roz?" ray's question disrupted the ongoing silence in the room. steph shook her head. "why not?"

"i can't," she replied in a low ad pained voice. " i wasn't even planning on telling you either.

"why the hell not?" ray crossed her arms. "this is important. where you planning on letting me allow that fool to play me?"

"of course not." sheph sighed. "i know it's important. but i wasn't sure whether this was true or not. i mean jessica isn't reliable and sunny may be boa's friend but i don't trust her either."

"well your sure now," ray stated more than asked. "so why didn't you tell her that yunho was part of this bet?"

"what did you say?" ray and steph turned to see roz standing at her doorway. one by one her things began to fall to the floor with a thump. among her things was a glass square which steph managed to catch before it landed on the floor and shattered to a million pieces.

"how did you get in here?" steph asked while she picked up roz's things.

"ray's brother let me in." roz replied. "so about this bet?"

steph groaned. "you weren't supposed to find out about that." "why? because i'm not your best friend," roz accused. "since i'm not ray you were going to leave me in the dark. let me believe yunho liked me. when it's clear that i was only a 1000 dollar deal." she glared.

"no," steph denied. "i wanted to make sure this was true. if this turned out to a lie, i didn't want to be the cause of ruining your relationships."

"but you are sure." ray looked at steph. "you weren't going to say anything at all."

"can you blame me?" steph ran her fingers through her hair in frustration. "everybody is finally happy for a change."

"what's temporary happiness," roz crossed the room and sat on the floor.

crossing her arms over her chest she continued. "i would rather know about this. have you told BoA? i'm guessing not."

"you would be correct," steph tapped her fingers on her right left, continuously. "besides, junsu isn't involved."

"can you be sure about that?' roz looked at them. ray and steph looked back at her confused. "you don't agree?" ray voiced. roz nodded before she began to elaborate on her thouts. "think about it. sunny and boa are friends. which means that even if su was involved she wouldn't say anything cuz she wouldn't want to hurt BoA."

"yeah but wouldn't she want her to know?" steph interrupted. "if i was 100 percent sure i'd tell ray, i'd tell the both of you. heck i would want you to tell me."

"your actions today kind of begged the differ," ray contradicted. steph rolled her eyes.

she did specify on the 'if she was one hundred percent sure she'd say something.' it's because she was still unsure that she opted to stay quiet. it  would be pretty stupid to make assumptions without knowing the whole truth.

"back to what i was saying," roz demanded their attention. "there's a reason steph got the information."

"they wanted me to know," steph concluded.

"but why?" ray asked. "why would steph knowing this benefit them?"

"so we could know," roz replied. "they were making sure that we found out and mirotic was the perfect place for that. steph would be there and they knew that. not just that, but they were counting on steph passing the news to us too."

"i still don't get why they'd want that." ray sighed in annoyance.

"probably to get us to dis the guys," steph shook her head. "they wanted us to be mad."

"they don't want our guys to win," roz added.

"i'm not really sure about that," steph opened her hand and began to smooth out the piece of paper. she stared at it and tried to think about the possible reasons why sunny and jessica would come to her with that info. the info was for her, she was sure of it. why else would they go to her work and wait for her to reach them before they began talking. there were quieter places to go than mirotic. so it concluded that her actions after finding out about the bet would affect something or someone.

but what? she thought.

steph knew that jessica was on the list with siwon.

sunny was obviously min's target, but not anymore. so how could finding out this information contribute to them..., she thought.

meanwhile, both ray and roz watched steph at she thought. they each had things flowing through their heads. everything just came crashing down with the information. roz doubted yunho's feeling. ray felt betrayed. she would have preferred that junno continued to be a jerk to her. this was just unbearable.

"you know what," she exclaimed. "i don't care anymore. i'll just ignore him and tell him to take a hike. i want nothing to do with him," she punched her pillow for emphasis.

'that's it!" steph shouted. she shot up and stared at her two friends.

"what's it?" roz asked from a safer position. steph could easily injure someone when she wasn't paying attention.

"sunny has a crush on junno," ray and roz looked at her. that was news to them.

"how do you know?" ray asked somewhat curious.

"min told me," steph gave them both a 'duh' look. "which means that she wants you to dis him." her last words were directed at ray.

"well she got her wish," ray lowered her gaze. she began to poke her pillow with her fingers. "i'm never talking to him again."

"don't," roz walked towards them. "we should actually go on with what we're doing."

"which is..." ray drawled.

"meeting with the guys, going on dates and acting like we don't know anything." roz clarified.

steph and ray both gave her a look.

"i know its hard." she cleared her voice. just thinking this was making her sad. she already had feelings for yunho. "very hard. but because its hard we need to do this."

"teach them not to mess with a girls feelings," steph contributed with a small smile. "exactly." roz grinned back.

steph and ray thought for a while. they debated the pros and cons of this little operation. roz also began to second guess herself. maybe she didn't really want to do this any more.

"i'm in," ray whispered, cleared her voice then repeated. "i'll do it."

steph moved closer to ray and wrapped and arm around her shoulders.

there was a flash in her eyes when she spoke. "so am i."

roz gave a slight smile. it was her idea so she couldn't back down or take it back anymore. not after she'd convinced her friends to accept her plan. "When do we start?"

"first things tomorrow." steph twirled the paper a couple times. "we'll show them that they picked the wrong chicks to mess with."

"i'm gonna have fun," ray smirked. "i guess it's time i took action instead of letting people walk all over me."

"yeah," steph agreed. then she sighed.

"what's wrong?" roz looked at her concerned.

"not much," she bit the side of her lip. stopped but did it again a second time before she spoke. "i just wished this was a bad dream. one where i would wake up to find out that it wasn't true."

"but it's not," ray said looking down too.

"i know," steph sighed again. then her eyes turned cold. "all make sure to play my part. micky will be sorry he picked me for his bet. this is personal now. not only because he tried to play me but also because he pretended to care about the things i told him  of my parents and taemin."

both roz and ray looked at her. what micky did was a great betrayal. taemin was the most important thing in steph's world. it didn't matter that he had been unconscious for so long. actually, because of that he was an even more sensitive subject. one that wasn't working on micky's favor. from the looks of it he was going to be in big trouble. the girls could all see that micky would continue to act like he cared about steph's brother. the more he did the worse it would be for him.

ray stared long and hard at her best friend. she would't blame steph if she caused more harm to micky than roz or her would to yunho and junno. this was indeed very personal. she wouldn't even mind paying him back as well for using taemin the way he was.

"ok then," roz tried to lighten up the mood from how dark it was becoming. "tomorrow we start."

"yeah," ray whispered. "tomorrow." steph agreed.



 

Ok so here's the second update of three. i hope you like what happened in this chapter and continue on to reading the last update of today. sorry for any mistakes i might have made while writing this. ^~^