It Starts Now

Boys vs. Girls

Here is the next chapter. Didn't look for errors so sorry if you find any. Enjoy! ^_^


Ray twirled her pencil as the instructor droned on and on about insignificant stuff. She didn’t hate history but the teacher always tended to get off track so she’d rather look out the window than listen to his constant babbling of something a family member of his did in the past. It was times like these when she wished Steph was in her class but unfortunately she wasn’t.

Outside Steph looked up and saw Ray looking at her through her classroom window. She smiled and waved at her friend knowing what she was suffering through. She’d had history the period before and the teacher got stuck on talking about an uncle who thought it was a good idea to go down a mountain. The end result wasn’t very pretty.

“Who are you looking at?” Roz asked.

“Ray,” Steph answered.

Roz looked up and said hello to Steph’s friend. She’d only known the girl for a day and she wasn’t sure whether she liked her or not. When Steph introduced them the day before the girl only nodded a hello and never said one word to Roz. Steph told her that it was because she was shy and over the years her trust in others had lessened so Roz would give her the benefit of the doubt. So far though she wondered how Steph could be friends with the girl since they seemed nothing alike. It was true that they were both shy but Steph didn’t seem to let that affect her at school or at work while Ray was never seen with anyone but Steph.

“Are you sure she likes me?” Roz asked.

Steph looked at her and smiled. “She’s just shy. She’ll come around eventually I know what I’m talking about.” She leaned in and whispered. “Between you and me it took me two whole weeks to get her to say one word to me.”

“Really?” Roz asked with wide eyes.

“Yup,” she smiled. “Before I met Ray she was never seen with anyone. But that wasn’t because she didn’t try it was quite the opposite. She tried a lot that the other kids began to take advantage of her and because she was rich they took advantage of her money and status.”

“How horrible,” Roz looked at the window again and noticed that Ray was staring at the sky now.

“Yeah she actually accused me of only going after her because of her money,” Steph chuckled sheepishly. “But I took care of that idea.”

“What did you do?” Roz was curious since the two of them seemed so close. Besides she’d never really seen Steph talk so animatedly before.

“I slapped her,” she looked at Roz and began to laugh at her expression.

Roz smacked her arm. “Don’t laugh at me.” She glared when Steph wouldn’t stop laughing. “It just seems surprising since the two of you seem so close.”

“We are,” Steph stopped laughing. “But I had to slap her for that to happen. After that we became good friends, but I wish Ray would have more friends there’s only a few people who know her true nature and I want more people to see it. When they do they’ll stop calling her that stupid nickname they came up with.”

“Which one?” Roz looked at Steph’s angry expression.

“They call her the ice princess because of her cold exterior,” Steph replied. “But they never call her that when I’m around.”

“Let me guess,” Roz smirked. “If they did they wouldn’t be able to speak for weeks.”

“Exactly, “Steph grinned.

“Hey you two!” the PE instructor called. “Less talking more playing.”

“Aye, aye captain,” Steph rolled her eyes.

The two girls went back to playing tennis the sport of the day for their PE class today.

“She looks good in a uniform,” Micky commented as he watched his target get back to playing tennis. Currently he was leaning on the wall waiting for Jae to hurry up and leave the bathroom since they had a free period right now. It was great luck that they decided to meet here close to building B since he now knew that Steph had PE at the moment.

“Waited long?” Jae walked towards Micky and the wall he was leaning on.

“Not really,” he replied not really looking at his friend.

Jae turned to look at whatever had Micky’s attention and he saw that he was looking at his target play tennis. He smirked as he saw Micky’s concentration as he witnessed the girl he was after move back and forth to hit the tennis ball. It was pretty obvious that his friend was enjoying the view he had right now.

“I hate to kill your moment but it’s time to go,” Micky turned to look at his friend and saw that he wasn’t sorry at all.

“Let’s go lover boy,” Jae grabbed Micky and began to pull him before he was attacked by his puppy dog eyes. There was no way Jae would allow Micky to convince him to stay with those eyes.

“Come on Jae just a little longer,” Micky pleaded, Jae could feel the puppy dog eyes behind him at work.

“No,” Jae answered. “Now that you know that she has PE right now you can see her whenever.”

“Fine,” Micky grumbled.

If I lose my shot I’ll kill you Jae, Micky thought as they walked towards Mirotic Café.

“Hey guys,” Siwon waved to them when they entered the café.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Jae asked.

“Skipping class,” Micky replied for him.

“It’s not skipping when you didn’t even go to school,” Siwon contradicted.

“Correction, he’s skipping school,” Micky and Jae chuckled earning them an eye roll from Siwon.

“So why are you guys here?” he asked them.

“Passing time,” Jae scanned the menu. “What about you?”

“Same,” was his reply. “I have a photo shoot in a little while and I’m waiting for my ride.”

“Why don’t you take your car?” Micky looked at him.

“Told me not to.” He said.

“Well have fun,” Jae looked out the window and saw a car park. A chick wearing a tube top and a miniskirt got out, he recognized her as Siwon’s manager.

“See ya,” Siwon bid them goodbye and went out the door.

Micky and Jae both shook their heads at their receding friend. The waitress arrived soon after and they ordered from her.

“Who do you think will win the bet?” Micky asked all of a sudden.

“Hmm,” Jae thought. “I don’t know maybe Su.”

Micky snorted. “Why your brother?”

“BoA already has a thing for him,” Jae looked at his phone.

“So why did you pick Tiffany if you knew she liked Yuhno?” Micky asked his unsuspecting friend.

Jae looked up from his phone and stared wide eyed at Micky. They stayed like that for a bit and only broke eye contact because the waitress had arrived with their order.

“Yuhno doesn’t like her,” Jae began to explain and Micky nodded. “I like her and I want her to see that. This bet is just an excuse to get closer to her without arousing much suspicion from anyone.”

“You don’t want people to know that you like her as more than just a target,” Micky stated staring at his friend who nodded. “To be in love isn’t something to be ashamed of.”

“I know that,” Jae cast his gaze down. “But to be in love with someone who doesn’t love you back hurts.” He looked up to stare at Micky intently. “When you fall in love you’ll know what I mean.”

“I’ll help you out with her if you want,” Micky volunteered.

Jae grinned. “I don’t need your help.”

Micky raised his hands and laughed. “Hey I’m just offering.”

“Thanks but I’m good,” Jae repeated.

“Should we head back,” Micky looked at his watch.

“Sure let’s go,” Jae got up and headed out followed by Micky.

The second these two boys reached the school Micky got hit in the head by something that came from the sky.

“Are you ok?” Jae asked his friend between laughs.

“No,” Micky glared at his uncaring friend. He looked around and saw the evil object that had hit him, it was a tennis ball.

Roz turned the corner and saw two boys one of them was holding the tennis ball. “Oh that’s mine can I have it?”

Jae and Micky turned to look at her.

“You hit me with this,” Micky told her as he handed over the ball.

“I’m so sorry,” she apologized.

“Hey Roz, what’s taking so long?” Steph asked coming around the corner. She made a complete stop when she saw that Roz had company.

“They caught the ball,” Roz told her.

Jae burst out laughing again at the way Roz had explained that.

Steph gave him an inquisitive look. “What’s so funny?”

“I caught the ball with my head,” Micky explained.

Steph looked at his forehead and noticed the little tennis ball imprint he had. She couldn’t help herself and began to laugh also joining Jae.

“Steph don’t laugh it’s not funny,” Roz told her feeling bad for hitting the guy.

“Sorry, sorry,” she said trying to stop laughing. “It’s just that the mark on his face looks funny.” Steph managed to say.

Jae and Roz both looked up to see the mark on Micky’s face and couldn’t help but laugh harder than before. Micky glared at all three of them and began to walk away from Jae and the two girls who were making fun of him.

“Come to the Mirotic Café and I’ll make it up to you,” Roz called to him, he gave a wave of his hand to acknowledge her statement.

“You need to be careful,” Steph told Roz as they walked back to class before they got in trouble with the teacher.

“I know,” Roz replied looking back at the receding boys. “They were hot huh?”

“Very,” Steph agreed.

“I hope they show up to the café,” Roz said.

“I’m sure they will,” Steph replied. “He even waved his hand in recognition.”

“Your right,” Roz grinned.

“Can’t wait until class is over,” Steph stretched.

“Sometimes I feel like you don’t like school very much,” Roz looked at her friend

“I like school,” Steph said. “But it’s not the most important thing in my life.”

Roz saw Steph’s expression change from happy to sad. She wondered what could be wrong with her friend but decided not to pry. It didn’t seem like a conversation that should be talked about at the time, she’d wait to see if Steph told her before her curiosity won the best of her and she asked.

“Come on let’s play another game so I can beat you,” Steph returned to being cheerful.

“You’re on,” Roz rolled her eyes and grinned.


Finally the next chapter for the fic. Sorry for the late update but I was really busy the last few days. I hope you enjoyed this. ^_^