The Bet

Boys vs. Girls

 

It was lunch time at Seoul Academy. The time of the day when everyone thought it was okay to do whatever they wanted. It’s not like they couldn’t so said things in class but it was even more possible to get away with things during lunch than in class.

“I was so thirsty,” BoA drank her soda.

“I bet seeing as how you recited your lines to me none stop for half an hour straight,” Sunny said.

“Well I need to remember my lines for the upcoming play,” she shrugged.

“Just make sure I’m not around when you recite them at home,” Sunny told her. “It can get annoying.”

“Whatever,” BoA huffed. “You’re just jealous of my talent.

Sunny chuckled. “What talent?”

“Hey,” BoA smacked her arm.

“I’m just kidding,” Sunny rubbed her arm. “So what are we gonna do? More guy watching?”

“Let’s head over to the soccer field,” BoA suggested. “Maybe Junsu and Junno are there.”

“Sure.”

The two of them headed towards the soccer field and saw the boys they were looking for arguing with Jae and the others.

“We didn’t cheat Jae,” Junsu hissed at his brother.

“I never said you did,” Jae shot back.

“But you insinuated it,” Su replied. “We didn’t cheat and you’re a sore loser.”

“Su calm down,” Yuhno interjected. “We didn’t mean to insinuate anything just forget it.”

“Fine,” glared one more time before doing a one eighty and turning all cheerful again.

“His mad side is dreamy too,” BoA commented.

Sunny rolled her eyes. “You think everything about him is dreamy.”

“Because it is,” she replied looking at Junsu.

“Hey,” someone called from the side. BoA recognized it as Steph voice.

“Your Changmin right?” she asked as she got closer to Min.

“Yeah,” Min gave her an inquisitive look.

“Ok good,” she exclaimed. “The math teacher asked me to give this to you.” She handed him a paper and began to leave.

“Hey wait,” Min called and went to her. They talked for a little bit before Steph finally left.

“What do you think that was about?” Sunny asked BoA.

“Who knows,” she replied.

I’ll ask her at work, she thought.

“Hey guys,” Micky greeted BoA and Sunny finally realizing that they were there.

“Hey,” they both replied.

“Well we have to go,” Micky said. “We’ll talk to you guys another time.”

Jae, Yuhno and Micky left the soccer field and headed for the parking lot. They got into Micky’s car and headed towards the café they frequented.

“Can I get you anything,” the cute waitress asked them.

“Coffee, please,” Mickt ordered.

“Same,” Jae replied looking at his phone.

“Me too,” Yuhno said. “But I also want a piece of this cake.” He pointed at the menu.

“Of course,” she smiled and headed behind the counter so she could get their orders.

“That girl was pretty cute,” Micky filled the silence.

“Which one?” Yuhno asked looking around the café.

“The one that came to talk to Min,” Micky said.

“Yeah I guess,” Jae gave his opinion.

“You’re not trying to get another girl into you bed?” Yuhno asked him as the waitress returned making her blush.

“Is that all your mind thinks about, ?” Micky shot at Yuhno.

“Sometimes,” the boy laughed while Micky rolled his eyes.

“Enough of this,” Jae sighed. “We need to all hang out together.”

“And do what?” Yuhno asked uninterested.

“We’ll think of something,” Jae said. “Tell everyone that we meet at my house later today.”

“Sure,” Micky said. “That includes Junsu’s friends too right?”

“Yes it does.” Jae drank his coffee.

The three of them had mindless conversation for the rest of their stay at the café. Thanks to the traffic they were late to their next class and were scolded by their history teacher.

Later that day sometime after eight there were seven boys hanging out at the Kim mansion. They joked around and played video games when they weren’t drinking. After a while they loitered around the couches until one of them had a brilliant idea.

“So which one of you losers is willing to make a bet with me?” Siwon asked.

“What kind of bet?” Su asked a bit tipsy.

“No details until the bet is made,” Siwon shook his head.

“Everyone,” Jae volunteered.

“What?” the others looked at him.

“It’ll be fun,” he said. “Beside it wouldn’t be fun with just two people.”

“Fine what’s the prize?” Micky asked.

“A thousand dollars,” Siwon smirked.

“What are we going to do?” Junno asked.

“We’ll play a game,” Siwon explained. “Pick any girl from school it doesn’t matter who. The first person to get said girl to fall in love with them wins the money.”

“It has to be done in three months though,” Jae added.

“Fine, three months it is,” Siwon agreed. Everybody else nodded their heads.

“So do we tell you who the chick is?” Changmin asked.

“Yeah we need to know who she is now,” Jae took out a pad and pen.

“What’s that for?” Yuhno looked at the pad with blurry eyes.

“To write down the names of the girls next to our names,” Jae replied. “That way we won’t forget and we won’t be going after the same girl or decide to change her for someone else.”

“Right,” he nodded.

“Ok I’ll go first,” Su grinned. “I’m going after BoA.”

All the guys looked at him.

“Are you serious?” Junno asked him.

“Yep,” he nodded his head.

“Ok then Siwon your turn,” Jae pointed at Siwon with the pen.

Siwon looked at Yuhno, “Sorry man but I choose your sister.”

“What?” Yuhno glared at him.

“What can I say I have a thing for the girl,” Siwon shrugged.

“If you hurt her I’ll kill you,” Yuhno usual kind demeanor disappeared.

Siwon raised his hands up,” Don’t worry man I won’t.”

“Moving on,” Jae turned to look at Changmin. “What about you?”

“Sunny,” Changmin answered.

It was Micky’s turn next. “Hey Min, do you know the name of the girl who talked to you earlier today?”

Min looked at him. “Yeah I asked her name is Steph.”

“Ok I pick…” before he could finish his sentence Junsu interrupted him.

“Don’t pick her Micky.”

“Why?” Micky asked him.

“She’s friends with the ice princess,” Su informed him.

“Is she really?” Micky looked at him and Su nodded.

“It’s true,” Junno interjected. “We saw them together yesterday.”

Micky grinned. “This will be interesting I pick Steph.”

“Ok,” Jae said. “What about you Yuhno?”

“Roz,” he told them. “You know the chick that works at Mirotic café I finally saw her at school today so I pick her.” He informed them after they gave him questioning looks.

“I pick Ray,” Junno said before Jae could ask.

Everyone stared wide eyed at him.

“You can’t be serious?” Su asked incredulous.

“I’ve been interested since I fell on top of her,” he shrugged sheepishly.

Everyone gave him a good luck gesture. It was impossible for him to get that girl to fall in love with him in such a short time.

“What about you Jae?” Micky looked at the boy with the pad.

“Oh I picked Tiffany,” he replied writing it down.

“Alright well that does it we’re set,” Siwon exclaimed mischievously.

“Not so fast,” Min looked at his friend. “We should set down some ground rules.”

“Like?” Yuhno inquired.

“No one can tell the girls or let them know about what we’re doing,” he said. “If we break the rule we lose.”

“Ok so no sabotaging,” Jae nodded and wrote it down.

“Is that it?” Junno asked.

“I guess so,” Min nodded.

“Ok well we have the rules the game and the time period,” Jae said. “Tomorrow the game begins.”


Well here’s the next chapter. I hope you liked it. I wanted to get the bet out of the way so I could concentrate on the characters and the things they do while trying to get the girls. Ah boys and their bets, I’ll try updating soon so you can know what happens next. ^O^