Making a Move

Boys vs. Girls

 

“So where are we going?” Yuhno asked Micky and Jae.

“Mirotic Café,” they answer simultaneously.

“Why?”Yuhno looked at them.

“We were invited,” Micky glared at Jae as he grinned confusing the hell out of Yuhno.

“Besides Roz will be there,” Jae told him with a chuckle. “So you can try and make a move.”

“Are you insinuating something?” Yuhno looked at them with suspicion. “You think I need your help to get the girl.”

“No,” Micky dead-panned. “Just shut up and enjoy the opportunity.”

“Fine,” Yuhno grumbled.

They entered the café and sat in their usual seat by the corner where they were never bothered. A few seconds later BoA came and greeted them with a cheerful smile, she asked for their orders and they each told her what they wanted.

“I’m going to the bathroom,” Micky stated as he got up from the seat.

“Don’t get lost on the way,” Jae teased.

“Like I would,” he glared and left.

As he walked towards the bathroom he stopped when he heard some muffled singing. He stuck his head out and saw that Steph was right there singing and dancing to music. He gulped as he watched her move her body, her swaying movements where amazing just like her voice. Micky managed to pry his eyes away from her body long enough to stare at her face and recall that she was singing Mirotic by DBSK, which was kind of ironic since that was the name of the café. Not long after her tone changed as well as the song she was singing which turned out to be Holding Back the Tears by the same boy band. Forgetting why he was away from his seat he followed her when she went through the door so he could continue listening to her sing.

“You shouldn’t be in here,” she told him when she turned around and noticed his presence.

“Sorry,” he replied. “Couldn’t help myself when I heard you singing.”

“You heard me?” She asked wide-eyed. “I didn’t even realize you were there.”

“You don’t like to sing in front of others,” he stated by her tone.

She nodded to his statement. “Roz!” she yelled then startling him a little.

“What is it?” Roz asked rushing to Steph’s side.

“The boys here,” she replied then walked away.

“Hey,” Roz smiled at Micky.

“Hi,” he answered a little disappointed at the fact that Steph had left.

“I’m glad you came,” Roz smiled. “I made a small cake for you to apologize for hitting you with the tennis ball.”

“Thanks,” he smiled at her then chuckled when she gave him a cake that said sorry on it.

“My names Roz by the way,” she introduced herself.

Micky was about to say that he already knew that but stopped himself before he could say anything after all he had just met the girl. “Micky.” He said instead and offered the hand that wasn’t holding the cake which she shook.

“Micky what are you doing back here?” BoA asked coming into the room.

“You know each other?” Roz asked.

Both BoA and Micky nodded their heads.

“I should go,” Micky stated. “Friends are probably waiting for me to get my back to them.”

“Is he gone?” a blushing Steph asked coming back into the room.

“Yeah,” Roz replied. “Why did you leave and why are you blushing?”

“He heard me sing,” Steph told them. “Anyway let’s get back to work before we get fired.”

“Like they would fire us,” BoA chuckled.

“True,” Roz grinned getting back to work and being joined by Steph.

Back in front of the café Micky walked back towards his friends listening to Steph’s singing voice in his head. As he walked his writers block left him and he began to think of some compositions that he was sure to work on when he got home.

“Took you long enough,” Jae scoffed when Micky joined them at the table.

“Why are you holding a cake?” Yuhno asked making Jae force himself not to laugh as he leaned in and read the contents.

“Roz hit me earlier with a tennis ball and she asked us to come so she could make it up to me,” Micky finally told Yuhno what happened. “She baked this as an apology.”

“I like her more and more,” Yuhno grinned.

“Well then make a move,” Jae pointed to the counter where Roz had currently begun to place some new cakes.

“Later,” Yuhno excused himself and went to the counter. “Hi,” he greeted Roz.

“Hi,” she smiled cheerily at him.

“I came to congratulate you for hitting Micky he deserved it,” he joked. She stared at him before she actually got his meaning and blushed a little.

“I didn’t actually mean for that to happen,” she fidgeted.

“Even if it was an accident he had it coming,” he smiled at her.

“I did not,” Micky exclaimed from his seat earning a smack to the head from Jae for interrupting.

Roz giggled at the interaction and looked closely at the boy in front of her noticing how hot he looked. She was more attracted to him than she was to Micky which was a little surprising but she wasn’t complaining.

“My names Yuhno,” Yuhno introduced himself.

“I’m Roz,” she smiled at him happy to know his name.

“I was wondering,” Yuhno stalled for affect. “If you’d like to go on a date with me.” He gave her his killer smile.

Roz stared wide eyed. This was definitely a first for her and she wasn’t sure whether she should accept or not.

“She’d love to,” BoA answered for her.

Roz turned around to see a grinning BoA behind her and she wasn’t sure whether she wanted to kill her or not for accepting the date for her.

“Where and when?” Steph came into the room and drilled Yuhno.

“Amusement park on Saturday at noon,” he replied without a beat.

“Roz?” Steph looked at her seeing if she objected after all it wasn’t official until she actually said yes.

“Umm…sure,” she finally answered with a smile and small blush.

“How about we make this a double and you go with me,” Micky came behind Yuhno and looked at Steph.

“No thanks,” she replied before she started walking to the back.

“Why not?” Micky asked not liking the fact that she shot him down without even thinking about it.

“I have other things to do on Saturday,” she replied with a bit of sadness in her tone that Micky was able to catch before she disappeared.

“I’ll go see what’s up,” BoA followed Steph.

“Hmm that’s the second time I see her that way,” Roz whispered but it was loud enough for Yuhno and Micky to hear as well as Jae who had gotten tired of sitting alone at the table.

“Is there something wrong?” Micky asked.

Roz sighed. “I don’t really know.”

“Maybe she’s like that,” Jae suggested. “After all she hangs out with the ice princess.”

Roz glared at Jae. “Her names Ray not ice princess.”

“Sorry,” Jae apologized noticing the anger in her eyes and voice. “Didn’t really know her name and that’s what everyone calls her.”

Roz shook her head. “Well they shouldn’t call her something as stupid as that.”

“Umm is Steph here?” someone asked from behind them.

“Oh Ray she’s in the back,” Roz told the newcomer.

“Thanks,” Ray replied with a blank expression and went to search for Steph.

“I’m fine,” Ray heard Steph say when she neared her.

“You don’t look ok,” she heard another girl’s voice.

“Uh, Steph?” Ray called not really wanting to interrupt.

“Ray?” Steph stared at her friend. “What are you doing here?”

“Umm can we talk in private?” she asked hopeful.

“Sure,” Steph replied with a wide smile plastered in her face.

The two of them left towards the back door and once outside they smelled the fresh air. It was getting late so Steph was surprised Ray was here instead of at home where she spent a lot of time in her room doing her things.

“So what’s up?” Steph asked her friend.

“I got a job,” Ray smiled at her.

“You what?!” Steph shrieked at the new information.

“I got a job,” Ray repeated then let out a hmph when Steph wrapped her in a tight hug suddenly.

“Where at? Doing what?” she asked exited for her friend.

“I’m a barista at a café,” Ray told her.

“That’s awesome,” Steph exclaimed.

“Yeah I know,” Ray replied. “I was actually surprised that I got the job but now that I have it I won’t lose it.”

“Of course you won’t you’re a great worker,” Steph agreed. “Besides all you have to do is smile a little and take orders.”

“Yeah,” ray nodded. “I’m not interrupting your work am I?” Ray asked just realizing that Steph was working.

“No it’s fine,” she said. “I’m on my break now.”

The two of them talked a little bit more before Steph had to go back in and work and Ray had to return home. As Ray was leaving she turned the corner and bumped into Junno and Junsu who were on their way to the Mirotic café.

“Sorry,” she apologized.

“Its fine,” Junno answered staring at her. “Not like I got hurt or anything.”

Junsu stared at Junno and noticed how his attitude changed all of a sudden. He didn’t seem like his cheerful friend anymore; in fact he looked a little cold like how the ice princess looked all the time at school.

Ray noticed the same thing as Junsu and was confused by the actions of the person in front of her. She didn’t really know what to do since she wasn’t really good with people and it seemed strange that a boy who was cheerful was acting cold. Deciding to ignore the guy’s behavior she turned to go so she could leave him behind and head home.

“What was that?” Junsu asked when Ray left.

“I figured if I act like her I’ll win her heart,” Junno informed him with a smile, he was back to his old self.

“I guess,” Su replied wondering if that would work.


Ok so here was the next chapter and I hope you guys liked it. The next chapter will come soon and will probably originate at school but I’m not sure yet. Later. ^O^