Trial and Error

Boys vs. Girls

 

“What’s wrong with Micky?” Siwon asked as he joined everyone at the lunch table.

“Nothing,” Jae replied. “He’s just brooding because he got rejected.”

“By who?” Siwon stared at his brooding friend surprised.

“By Steph,” Yuhno answered before putting food into his mouth.

“You actually got rejected?” Siwon still couldn’t believe it.

“Shut up,” Micky glared at his friends.

“Hey it’s not our fault she said no,” Jae reprimanded him.

“So what happened?” Siwon wanted to know all the gory details of the events that transpired.

“Well I asked Roz out on a date,” Yuhno began.

“She said yes,” Jae continued. “Then Micky suggested a double with Steph but she said no.”

“She didn’t even think about it,” Yuhno thought that should be mentioned.

Talking about this wasn’t such a good idea though because all it did was get Micky more irritated making him push his tray a little too hard away. He then got up and left the table in a really bad mood while everyone just stared as he left.

“I think we went too far,” Jae looked at Micky’s receding back with a worried expression.

“He’ll be fine,” Yuhno said. “He’s just sulking because this is the first time he’s been rejected. I bet he’s going to wallow in self-pity in the music room with his piano.”

“More reason to go and make sure he’s ok,” Jae began to get up from his seat to follow Micky but Yuhno stopped him.

“Let him sort his feelings out, he needs to know how to deal with rejection without becoming a big baby.”

Jae sighed not liking this but sat down anyway. He knew that Micky would contact him if he needed him he just hoped it was sooner rather than later.

“So besides Yuhno and Micky how is everyone else doing with their conquests?” Siwon asked.

“Well I for one haven’t even talked to Tiffany, so I’m not really progressing,” Jae revealed.

“Hmm well I haven’t had a chance to talk to Jessica either because of work,” Siwon admitted.

“Which I’m happy about,” Yuhno replied to the statement.

“Come on Yuhno I already assured you I wasn’t going to hurt her,” Siwon said looking offended.

“Yeah, yeah whatever,” Yuhno took another bite of his food.

“What about your brother and his friends?” Siwon turned to Jae.

“Don’t know, haven’t asked,” was the only response.

“So as far as we know Yuhno is the only one who’s managed to score,” Siwon stated.

“Pretty much,” Jae replied.

“How awesome,” Siwon said sarcastically.

~~~

“Hey BoA,” Junsu greeted as he ran into his target in front of the theater.

“Hi,” she smiled at him. “How are you doing?”

“I’m great,” he replied. “Sunny isn’t with you today?”

“Actually she was but Changmin and her have this project they need to work on so she abandoned me today,” she explained as she looked at her watch.

“Late for something?” Junsu noticed her action.

“Not me,” she grimaced. “The play instructor asked me to meet him here and I’ve been waiting for more than ten minutes for him to show up.”

“That ,” Junsu looked at her sympathetically.

“What brings you here?” BoA asked noticing that Junsu would probably be out in the field at this time. After all he was always there during his free time since he liked to play soccer.

“I came to see if you’d go out with me?” he blurted out cheerfully.

BoA stared at him wide eyed. She was happy and surprised at the same time since she’d always hoped that Junsu would come up to her and ask her out on a date.

“So will you?” Su asked again getting a bit nervous of her silence.

She gave him a big smile before she answered him, “I love to.”

“Ok then,” he grinned back. “When’s a good time for you?”

“Hmm well how about Friday since it’s my day off,” she suggested and he nodded.

“I’ll see you Friday then,” he said before running off and leaving a really happy BoA behind him.

“So how it go?” Junno asked Junsu scaring the crap out of the poor boy.

“Damn it Junno,” Su cursed with his hand above his heart.

“Sorry,” Junno chuckled at his friend.

“If you were sorry you wouldn’t be laughing at me,” Su glared at him.

“Sorry but I can’t help it,” Junno replied apologetically.

“Whatever,” Su huffed as he walked away.

“Come on tell me how it went,” Junno demanded playfully.

“She said yes,” Su informed him.

“Well at least the two of you are having luck,” Junno commented after hearing the news.

“What do you mean?” Su asked his frowning friend.

“Well BoA agreed to go on a date with you and Changmin will be spending a lot of time with Sunny which will help him with the bet,” Junno sighed. “I on the other hand can’t even get Ray to say one word to me let alone get her alone since she’s always with Steph.”

“Well you’re the one who decided to pick her so deal with it,” Su replied unsympathetic.

“Thanks for the support,” Junno replied in sarcasm.

“Hey you asked for it,” Su defended himself. “But fine I’ll help you find a way to talk to Ray without Steph being present.”

“Really?” Junno smiled at his friend.

“Yeah,” Su smacked him on the head. “But you own me one.”

“Of course,” Junno grinned from ear to ear.

As the two friends walked on and on talking about a plan to get Junno and Ray alone, said person was sitting on the roof eating her lunch. From the roof she could see everyone who was outside relishing the feel of the sun. Looking down at her food though she wondered if she should continue eating or would it be better to wait for Steph to finally show up so they could eat together. Sighing she took another bite and contemplated on the fact that Steph seemed to be taking her bloody time lately. Before Roz came to school and began hanging out with them Steph was always the first one up at the roof if not she’d only be late for about five minutes or less.

“Waited long?” Steph startled Ray out of her thoughts.

“Not really,” she replied as Steph sat down.

“Sorry I’m late but my math teacher wouldn’t set me free,” Steph chuckled and Ray rolled her eyes.

“You started eating without me,” Steph looked hurt as she looked down at Ray’s lunch.

“You took too long,” Ray replied unperturbed by Steph’s playful outburst of hurt.

“You just said you didn’t wait long,” Steph huffed.

“I lied,” Ray answered as footsteps were heard coming closer.

“Sorry I’m late,” Roz bounced into the room.

“No prob, I was late too,” Steph waved away her apology.

Ray looked down at her food without saying a word to the intruding party. It wasn’t like she didn’t like Roz she just didn’t know what to say to her. Steph and Roz were already friends so it wasn’t hard for them to communicate with each other but she barely knew Roz which made it hard. Not to mention the fact that Ray had issues with talking to people and opening up since her childhood.

“So Steph why did you shoot down Micky?” Roz asked the question she had been meaning to ask.

“You shot someone?” Ray stared wide eyed at Steph but she wasn’t really surprised since she could picture Steph doing it but only with a water gun or something.

“Not literally,” Steph rolled her eyes; sometimes Ray took things to seriously. “Micky asked me out and I said no.”

“Oh,” Ray said.

“But why? He’s hot,” Roz wanted to know what the deal was.

“For what day?” Ray asked her friend.

“Saturday,” Steph replied taking a bite of her food.

“Oh that makes sense,” Ray stated.

“No it doesn’t I don’t get it,” Roz sighed. “What’s so special about Saturday?”

“On Saturdays I go to the hospital,” Steph told her.

Before Roz could ask why she went to the hospital the fire alarm went off and they were forced to get off the roof so they could go to their next period. This pretty much and all the students went to their class grumbling because lunch was cut off short.


Ok so here was the next chapter. Sorry that it took me awhile. I hope you liked this and it wasn’t to boring. The next update will come sooner. ^O^ revisions were not made so sorry if any errors are found as you read this.