He Gave In

Him

He Gave In

"Who's Jinri?" I asked harshly as I threw the phone at him.

The phone hit his chest without a miss and he panicked a moment before catching it in his hands.

"You checked my phone?"

He gawked at me and I almost snorted. It wasn’t done on purpose. I would never do such a thing. If it wasn’t for the continuous text message ringing from his phone while he was bathing, I would have not helped him checked his phone. And great, look what I’ve found? A girl name Jinri who texted way too many messages with an over-friendly tone. But above all, what was the worse? It was him replying to her even at 3am in the morning. What have they been doing behind my back?

"If I didn't, then how long would you continue to cheat on me?" I retorted as I could feel the inside of me tearing apart.

"She is just my colleague." He said firmly, almost too firmly.

Blinded by jealousy, I couldn't believe what he said. That must be an excuse.

"So you'll drive a colleague home in the middle of the night?"

"Like what you said, it's in the middle of the night. How could I leave a girl alone when it's so late and dark outside?"

"So she's a girl in your eyes?"

"You're being ridiculous."

The glowers that we threw at each other, the words that cut like knifes were thrown at each other's throats. It was painful, it was, and it was eating me up.

Unwilling to admit defeat in our argument, unwilling to let go of the thing called pride, I bit onto my tears but still they couldn't be controlled.

"Jieun," and the moment he saw my tears falling, his voice softened up.

"Jieun-ah, please, don't cry," he gripped onto the hand that I bawled my eyes into and through that gentle touch, I found myself letting go of this stupid thing called pride.

"You know I can't bear to see you cry," he pulled my arms and let it rest around his waist while he placed his around mine.

With each and every pat he gave on my back, I found myself melting down in his embrace and once again, I fell all over for him. "It's my fault," he patted again, "but believe me, she's nothing but a mere colleague."

Our eyes met again this time. Those eyes staring right into mine were so soft that I couldn’t help myself but to stare back.

“Really, believe me.”

And with his assuring words and his tender touch, I felt the shame that I had brought to myself. It wasn't his fault at all. I knew that but... I didn't know why, I can't help but to get suspicious and even before I could think logically, the jealous devil took over. And for the first time, I felt so ashamed to be his girlfriend, for not being able to trust, for doubting.

“I’m sorry, Yixing.” I lifted up my hand and caressed his flawless face. He didn’t say anything else; he only gave a lovely and genuine smile, making that dimple shown on his cheek. That made my heart pound. That dimple, that cute little dimple, was what I loved most about him. And before I realised it, I tip-toed and planted a kiss on his lips. Returning back the favour, he lifted me up and made me legs wrapped around his waist. Every skin contact we had was like fire, burning us up. The gazes we exchanged were intense, it was as if we wanted to devour each other, as if they were screaming how much we need each other, how much we want each other. Soon, the heat took over and we were lost in those lips movement. And with that, we argued and made up for the last time.

 


Ѽ:
I swear, this will be the last time you see layu arguing here.