He Retorted

Him

He Retorted

The peaceful night was once again interrupted when I found traces of another female’s belonging in Yixing’s pocket. It made me puzzled as how a scarf covered with feminine perfumed smell could end up being in his pocket. Who did it belong to, who was she, what happened, how did it happen, why was it with Yixing? My mind was bombarded with questions and I couldn’t calm myself down enough to speak in a nicer tone.

“Jinri has forgotten to take it with her,” he looked away, almost rolling his eyes. “I am going to return it tomorrow.” The way he ruffled his hair in frustration angered me even more.

“Where did she leave this? How did you find it? What did you do with her?” my mouth spoke out those words even before I could think through them in my brain.

“I found it in my office when I was getting off from work.” He immediately let out a sigh before holding onto the bridge of his nose.

“What was she doing at your office that she even has to remove her scarf?” my voice was starting to get louder uncontrollably and finally I exploded. “What have you two done behind my back?!”

As soon as I lost control over my overpowering emotions, he darted his eyes straight at me. I undoubtedly looked like a mad woman with that distorted ugly expression I had on my face. Especially that dreadful emotion I had with me. He was probably disgusted too.

“We did nothing.” He answered slowly with that firm expression.

"Stop lying to me," I gulped down my saliva hard. "You know I won't buy this ."

“Why won’t you believe me?”

“Because this isn’t the first time you got involved with that woman.”

And with my reply, I witnessed the moment that I had never seen before. Standing in front of me was my loved one whom I had been with for almost five years. But the glance he spared me was something I had not experience before and it sent shiver down to my backbone. Fatigue, coldness, disappointment – signs of giving up.

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes and said in a harsh tone, "it's up to you whether you believe or not."

Just before he could leave, I blocked his way to the door with my arms opened. "We are not done yet!"

We glared at each other with menacing eyes. As if wanting to tear each other's head apart, we continued the stare until he spoke up.

"I know what you did too."

"Don't change the subject."

"I heard him calling you baby!"

"Wait—"

"I heard Baekhyun calling you baby."

"What?"

“I said I heard Baekhyun calling you baby at that pub.”

I let down my arms instantly. That...that was unexpected. I furrowed my eyebrows as they met each other in the middle and with much protestation, I shook my head hard.

“What are you talking about? Baek is my friend.”

"Yeah, friends.” He said, almost mocking.

"And you let your friend call you with such intimate term.” This time, the amount of sadness in his voice, scared me. I mean, how could it be possible when I didn't even remember it myself? But the way he said it made me fell in qualm.

"I did not." I retorted.

This was unbelievable. This was outrageous. Baekhyun was just a mere friend. A good friend who I felt comfortable with. It was not possible.

"You know it yourself." He hissed and before I could stop him, he pushed me aside and leaved the door with a loud bang following.

"What's going on?" I held myself up as I leaned against the door to support myself. I was confused and there was only one way to find out.

 


Ѽ:
I have finally plotted every single chapter out and this should probably end with another 14 chapters (including an epilogue). But again, they might change because I am very inconsistent and more ideas might pop up along the way keke.