He was the Sun that Rise for Me

Him

He was the Sun that Rise for Me

It was a surprise seeing the little amount of baggage he had. I expected more, much more.

“That’s all?” I blurted out while he carried his 24-inch luggage in.

His brows furrowed slightly, “is there anything else I’d forgotten to bring?”

“Well…” I darted my eyes away uneasily, not knowing how to answer. It was just… He might not be used to the things I used here. After all, I was only born with a metal spoon in my mouth. His was with a much higher quality.

“Well…?” he gave me a strange look, walking towards me.

“Just,” I stopped again. “Nothing much actually,” I forced up a smile.

He slipped his arms around my waist, as if understanding my needs, he tightened the hug. “You are all that I need here. Nothing else matters. You are my everything.”

That was just a simple gesture, but it already made everything better. Not because of his assurance, it was because he understands. And that was what made everything better – because he simply understands –that was what made my heart feels more at ease.

“You know,” I broke away the hug. “I could have moved into your place. So why mine?”

When he first suggested us moving living together, I’d always thought it would be me moving over. I’d thought he would want me to move over. And it was puzzling me, to the point of making me itch with curiosity. Why my place? Why this small and tiny apartment? Why here when it was located all the way at the corner of the alley?

“Haven’t you notice?” He smiled affectionately, before putting his arms around me, hugging me tight. “I like us to squeeze together like this all the time.”

I laughed. “Hey, you’re suffocating me!” hitting his back playfully.

Yixing laughed with me before releasing me. He then put on a sweet smile, showing that dimple of his. “I’ve got a dream and only you can fulfil it for me”

“What dream?” I smiled back.

He held my hand, caressing it. “To see the sunrise every morning with the person I loved most.”

My heart raced more as he pulled me to the glass door right before the balcony. “Will you do that for me?”

For the first time, in this apartment, happiness grew. It was never pleasant living here. Never once had a moment I liked happened. Not even one that I could remember. Perhaps that was why I was so rejected about the idea of Yixing moving in. It was this screwed up mind-set I had, thinking that bad things always happen in this place, in this house. My world was dark and I didn’t want to push him in with me. But who knew? Who knew it was not me interfering with his life – it was him changing me, transforming my world.

With that smile flashing so lively in front of me, I blushed hard and gave him a nod. I couldn’t refuse. How could I? Because part of me was wishing him to step into my world, to bright up my life.

We chat the whole night. Unpacked his baggage, changed the bed sheet, set up his toiletries. And when we were done, we would stand in front of the clear glass window, exchanging words, whispering sweet nothings into each other’s ears.

When the sun finally rises, I was in his arms, back lying against his chest, his arms around my waist, our skin rubbed against each other, causing heat to rise. We continued the sweet nothings, wearing the same expression, watching the same view. It was a rather unfamiliar experience, one I know I wouldn’t get sick of, one I know I wouldn’t forget. Because I wasn’t just watching the sun rise, I was also watching that big bright sun rising in my world, lightening up my sky, emitting heat, evaporating my dark loneliness away.