I'm Sure It's Nothing

One of My Husbands

“But I don’t have a dollar!”, JC heard someone say. She opened her groggy eyes and saw the sun shining through the window. She turned to see Chanyeol asleep with his arm over his face and one leg hanging out of the bed. “No. Go away. I don’t have any money.”, he mumbled. She laughed at his sleep talking. She looked the clock and saw it was still pretty early. Even still, JC decided she should get going. Not wanting to wake  Chanyeol, she tried to raise up quietly. Just as she was about to step on the floor, she was pulled back down. “Where do you think you’re going?”, he asked her with his eyes still closed. “Ah so you’re awake now.”, JC said. “I was gonna go and let you get some rest,”, she explained. “What do you have to do today?”, he mumbled. “Well nothing really. Its just preparations going on at the palace for the introduction this weekend.”, she said. “I wanna be with you today though.”, he whined. “I have an idea. Why don’t you come to the palace and spend the day with me there. You havent been yet so it’ll be the perfect time for you to see your soon to be home.” “Let’s do it! Ive been excited to check it out.”, Chanyeol said sitting up. But first I have something to give you.”, he says. “And what might that be?” He crawled got on top of her. He leaned down and gave JC a kiss. “Morning .”, he said in his deep voice.

 

It was a little after noon, and the happy couple had just arrived at the palace. “I cant believe I’m finally going to see it.”, he said. “Yep.welcome to your new home babe.”, JC said as they walked through the door. When they entered, Chanyeol had about 5 mini heart attacks. He saw 5 giant crystal chandeliers, a freshly waxed marble floor, and a balcony that had two winding staircases leading to it. “Honey, are you ok?”, JC said shaking his hand. “Wow. Its just- wow.”,he stumbled out. She laughed at his amazement. “ Come on, I’ll take you on a tour.”, she said pulling his hand. She took him to the palace kitchen which was the size of one in a restaurant. He saw the ballroom, the 3 studies, dining room, and in house game arcade. Also the mega swimming pool, tennis court, and basketball court. “Come my dear. It’s time to see where you’ll actually be living.”, JC said. It was the two staircases with the balcony, but this one was different. It was on the opposite side of the palace. The couple made their way up the stairs and turned to go down the left hallway. Midway, they came upon a giant door. The princess put in a code on the keypad attached to the wall. She made Chanyeol close his eyes, so he would be surprised. She led him inside and closed the door. “ Ok, you can look now.”, she said. Chanyeol removed his hands from his eyes and just about fainted from all he saw. The space looked like a palace inside of the palace. There was a kitchen, 7 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, living room, and giant windows everywhere. “Did we leave the palace?”, the tall boy asked. JC laughed. “ No Chanyeol. This is going to be our wing of the palace. You, I and the other husbands will all live here. It’s like our own little house within the palace walls, so there’s plenty of privacy.”, she explained. “So we get a whole wing of the palace to ourselves? That’s awesome!”, he said. “Yea. It’s still being prepared though, so lets just go to my current room.”, she suggested. They made their way back to the first set of staircases they saw, and went up the right side. They walked down a long hallway, until they stopped at a door. JC opened it and walked in. “This is my room Yeollie. Has been since I was a baby.”, she said. “He looked around the huge room at all of the pictures and posters she had on her wall. Just like any other girl.

“So, are you excited about Saturday?”, she asked Chanyeol. He nodded. “Yea. I’m so ready. I was nervous at first, now it’s more excitement.”, he said. “ Same here.”, JC said. “So I was thinking, we should invite Baekhyun to the ceremony.”, Chanyeol said. “Well I’m sure he’ll be there already, so why should we invite him. Besides wouldn’t it be weird if we invite him to attend the ceremony with us, when he has no idea it’s for us?”, she asked. “Well what if it was for all three of us?”, Chanyeol asked. “You mean, for me to present you both?”

“Now you’re catching on.”

“Chanyeol, I don’t think he’ll go for that.”

“Look, are you ok with it or not?”

“Well yea.I guess it’s a good idea.”

“Ok, it’s settled then. Just leave it to me gumdrop.”

 

“Oh come on Baekhyun. It wouldn’t hurt you to take a few hours and go to the ceremony with me.”, Kyungsoo said. “I really want to go but I can’t go alone.”, he said trying to persuade his friend. “Why would I go to that. It has nothing to do with me or my life.”, Baekhyun said. “Besides, you just want to go, because you don’t think she really found someone and that it’s a publicity stunt.” “Well yea that too.I’m just curious.”, Kyungsoo said. Baekhyun heard his phone vibrating.  He looked and saw that it was a call from Chanyeol.

“Hello?”

“Hey Baekhyun! How ya doin man?”

“I’m good and you?”

“I’m great. Quick question for you though. What are you doing this Saturday?”

“Well, I have nothing planned for Saturday. Why?”

“I wanted to see if you’d like to go to the ceremony with us. It’d be fun.”

“I don’t know Chanyeol. I’m really not interested in going and had no intentions to.”

“That’s too bad because JC was really hoping you’d be able to come.”, Chanyeol said.

“She was?  Really?”

“Yep, and you wouldn’t want to disappoint her would you?”

“Well no, I guess not. I suppose I could go. But just for a little while.”, Baekhyun said.

Kyungsoo began waving his hands and pointing to himself. “Oh, is it ok if I bring a friend with me?”, he asked. “No problem, the more the merrier. Meet us out front of the palace about 30 minutes before the ceremony ok?”, Chanyeol instructed.

“Got it. See you then.” Baekhyun hung up the phone. “How did that just happen.”, he asked. “Who cares. We’re gong to the ceremony after all. Even though I am a little hurt that you agreed to go with some random guy before me. But I’ll get over it.”, Kyungsoo said jokingly. “It’s not him Kyungsoo, it’s her. When he mentioned her, I felt like I had to be there. She’s his fiance, but it’s just something about her that stuck with me.”, Baekhyun explained. “Sounds pretty serious.”, Kyungsoo said. “I’m sure it’s nothing.”, Baekhyun said. “At least I wish it was just nothing.”, he thought to himself.