Enter Chanyeol

One of My Husbands

*Make sure you read the forward before this :)*

 

JC decided to wait until there weren’t any customers at the counter to make her move. She sat there for a good 20 minutes. Finally, the coast was clear so she took a deep breath and stepped toward her tall, handsome prey. “Oh you again. Here a little early today aren’t you?”, he jokingly asked. “Ah great. He’s been seeing me creeping around here these past few weeks.”, she thought to herself. JC gave a nervous laugh and scratched her head. “Oh you’ve seen me?”, she asked. “Well yea. It’s something about you that seems to call attention. Did I just say that? I’m sorry. I’m talking too much.”, Chanyeol said turning red. “ No no its fine. I think your babbling is kind of cute.”, she admitted. “Look, truth is I didn’t come up here to order anything. I’ve actually been coming here to see you.”, JC confessed. “ME?! WHY???”, he asked. She gave a deep sigh. “Because I think we should hang out sometime. I’d like to find out who Chanyeol really is.”, she says while placing her hand on his. Both of their body temperatures shot sky high at that slight touch. Even though she is a small bit shy, JC is a straight-forward girl.

She notices more and more people start to gather around in the shop. People were starting to recognize her and began whispering amongst themselves. She figured there wasn’t a whole lot of time left. “So what do you say?”, she asked bringing them both back to reality. “ Um,y-yea. Sure, let’s umm, let’s do that.”, Chanyeol managed to stutter out. Right then, he started to notice the growing crowd of bystanders. “Wow. The shop seems to be really busy today.”, he said. “Yea it does huh. Ha, would you look at that, I could go for some coffee after all. One caramel latte please. Oh you can’t hear me? Lean in and I’ll tell you my order.”, she says to him. Chanyeol didn’t understand what was going on. JC then motioned for him to lean in. “Trust me, I’m doing this for your own good. Now just go over there and make me a latte okay.” Looking totally confused, Chanyeol went and did as she asked. Soon enough people began approaching. “Ah princess. Fine day we’re having isn’t it?”, one older lady asked, bowing to her. “Yes ma’am. A very fine day it is. But there is no need to bow for I haven’t half as much wisdom as you must carry. I shall work harder until I do”, JC said as she bowed to the woman.

“Okay here’s your coffee umm, sorry I didn’t get you name.”, Chanyeol says. “JC. Just call me JC.”, she told him. “Oh thank you so much young man. And may I say that your service was very nice and fit for those of royalty.” JC then turned around and made an announcement to the crowd. “Good citizens, be sure to share with your friends the good nature of this place. Please come here frequently.” Chanyeol was confused out of his mind. “ Boy, either he’s just pretending really good to not know who I am or I’m just not as popular as I thought”, she thought. “Oh an autograph? Sure, it’s the least I can do.”, she said to him. She took a pen from her pocket and wrote on a napkin. She folded it neatly and gave it to Chanyeol. “ Don’t lose this ok.”, she said. She tried to hand him money for her coffee, but the manager popped out of nowhere. “ No! It is an honor for you to be here. Please enjoy and come back to see us.”, the manager said bowing his head. JC nodded to him and then nodded at the younger. “Keep up the good work Chanyeol.”, she said walking towards the door. Chanyeol saw people crowding and taking pictures of her. “ What’s with all of them?”, he asked his manager. “ You fool! That was the princess and you didn’t even give her a proper bow.”, he said hitting the boys head. “Princess? No way.”, Chanyeol thought. “Princess Jeanette Claire. Wow, can I please take a picture with you.”, a little boy asked. JC agreed and snapped a photo with the small boy and even kissed his cheek. She gave one more wave and then walked outside where Shinsworth and the cab were already waiting. She jumped in and the sped off.

 The excitement died down and everyone returned back to normal. Chanyeol pulled out the autographed napkin JC had given him. He read it and his eyes widened. “Use this number ok?”, with a phone number written under it, signed JC. He was just happy that she really did give him the number. “Hey you, get back to work.”, the manager yelled. “ Ok ok. Hey sir, do you really think that was the real princess?”, Chanyeol asked the manager. “ Hmm, well I’ve seen many impersonators and fakes so it’s a 50/50 possibility. But who cares, whoever she was, she told others to spread word about the shop so I’m thankful. Now get to work!”

Chanyeol finished up his shift and started on his walk home. He couldn’t help but think about today. “Hmmmm. JC, Jeanette Claire, it does add up. But no way, she was nothing like the princess I saw that one time at the parade. Nah no way, it couldn’t have been her.” He continued home, anxious to find out more about this girl.