Fathers and Phone Calls

One of My Husbands

It’s 10 pm and Chanyeol is pacing up and down his room. “Ok, I’m going to call her. Maybe in another 15 minutes.” He had been saying that for the past two hours. He was indeed nervous and didn’t know what to say. “Pull yourself together Chanyeol. You are a man!”, he coaches himself. “Well maybe in another 15 minutes.”, he says. He puts his phone down and goes to the living room. “Channie! I didn’t know you were home. How was your day?” Park Minwoo is his name and he’s Chanyeol’s father. He’s 40 years old, (Chanyeol was born when he was 21), and he works at a bank. He’s a pretty cool dad who sometimes forgets he’s not his son’s age.“It was an interesting day dad. And yea I’ve been here for a couple of hours. How was work?” “ Oh you know. Same ol’ same ol’. Boring as ever. So tell me, why way your day so “interesting”.” “Well dad.”, Chanyeol began grinning like an idiot. “Ahhhhh, I see. Ok son, who is she?”, Minwoo asked. “Huh? Wh-What are you talking about?”, Chanyeol stutters. “Oh please. You’re sitting over there grinning like a complete idiot. And you’re my son. I know your emotions.”, Minwoo said.

 “Ok fine.”, the son gave in. “ It’s a girl. And she’s nothing like any girl I’ve experienced before.” “ Geez son you’ve already slept with her? She moves pretty quick huh.”, Minwoo said. “What? No no you’ve got it all wrong. I only officially met her today. But I’ve seen her around the shop the past couple of weeks. She’s really something though.” Chanyeol said as he began daydreaming. “Oh I see. She must be pretty?” “ Beautiful. Well from what I could see. She had her glasses on the whole time for some reason. But anyway, she claims to have been hanging around the shop to see me. She gave me her number, but I haven’t called yet.” Chanyeol explained. “To see you? My son. I suppose you haven’t called yet so you won’t seem so anxious. A chip off the old block.”, the proud father asked while drinking his beer. “Trust me dad, it’s way more complicated than that. I think- I think she may be the princess.”, Chanyeol said. Minwoo choked on the gulp he had just taken. “ Princess? As in the royal princess? Stop pulling my leg kid.” “ Dad, people were bowing to her, crowding around and asking for pictures. She even addressed all of the people there telling them to visit the shop often. And get this, she told me to call her JC. JC, Princess Jeanette Claire. It makes sense right.”, the tall boy explained. “You’re right! And you said that she wouldn’t take off her sunglasses right. Maybe she was trying to be in disguise! It all adds up.!”, Minwoo says excitedly. “ But what if we’re wrong? What if she’s not who we think?” “Who cares! It’s a good-looking girl who is interested in you. And she may not be a princess, but what if she is? Would you want to disappoint royalty?” , the excited father preached. “ You’re right dad. What am I so afraid of?” “ Exactly. My blood and good genes are running through your veins. You got this.”, Minwoo said. “Yea I got this. I totally got this!”

“Damn right! Now who are you?!”

“Park Chanyeol”

“Who are you?”

“Park Chanyeol!”

“I’m sorry, the little ant on the ground couldn’t hear you. Who are you?!”

“I’M PARK CHANYEOL DAMMIT!”

“Damn right you are! Now go upstairs and make that call.”

Chanyeol and his father chest bumped each other like two bros on the winning basketball team. The tall boy ran upstairs and shut his door, locking it just in case his excited father decided to barge in. He took a deep sigh. “ I am Park Chanyeol, let’s do this.”, he said to himself. He dials the number and hears the dial tone. The dial tone stops and but it’s quiet on the other end.

“Hello”, Chanyeol said.

“Finally. I’ve been waiting Chanyeol.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Shinsworth, do you think he’ll actually call?”, JC asked. “Just give him some time your majesty. He’s a guy and us guys are complex. Besides, he doesn’t seem to be one with his screws screwed in too tight.”, the servant said laughing. “ Shinsworth, that is no way to talk about one your future princes.”, JC said chuckling as Shinsworth left the room. She sat and sighed. “Anyway, he should be off of work by now right? Maybe he’s not interested. Maybe he’s not comfortable with the princess thing, because I’m sure he knows who I am by now. Or maybe…” “OH I’M CURIOUS YEEEA!” Her phone began ringing, (haha a SHINee reference). It was an unknown number so she was hoping it was you know who. She answered the call, but stayed quiet.

“Hello”

“Finally. I’ve been waiting Chanyeol.”, she said.

 

 

 

So how do you think the convo is going to go? Let Me know what you think :)