Yeollie and Gumdrop

One of My Husbands

“Sorry to keep you waiting. I had some things to do.” , he tries to coolly. “Ah I see. Well if you’re busy then you can call me back.” “NO! I mean no. I’m free now.” Chanyeol says. “Great, so what are you up to?”, JC asks. “Oh not much just talking to a pretty stranger on the phone.”, he said laughing. It made her laugh as well. “ Umm this is weird, but may I ask you something?” “Sure.What is it?” “Before we move on and get to really know each other, I have to know. Are you the princess? The real Jeanette Claire?”, he nervously asks. JC gave a long sigh. “Dude come on. I asked you to call me JC. Jeanette is so formal.” “I knew it! So it is really you!”, he said. “ One, yes I am who you say, and two, I hate being called Jeanette so just say JC okay.”, she said. Chanyeol kept going on and on about how he didn’t believe that a princess could possibly be interested in him and how surprised he was.

“Chanyeol!”, JC interrupted him. “Yea what is it”, he asks. “Do me a favor and stop going on and on about me. Tell me about yourself ok.” “Ok. Well I’m Park Chanyeol, 19 years old, and as you know I work at the coffee shop. I just live with my crazy dad since my mom died when I was younger. I play bass in a band called deuce and love to write songs. I hope to one day make a career out of it.”

“Wow. You sound like quite the interesting guy Park Chanyeol. More interesting than I thought.”, JC said. “Haha. Well thanks. So what about you your majesty?”, he asked her.  “ Cut it out! You don’t have to call me that. We’re friends now, so it’s fine. Now let’s see. You probably already know that I am a princess and that I am next in line for the throne. I’m also 19, so we’re the same age. I too have a love for music. A sports fanatic and I love to cook. That plus so much more. I just hope you plan on sticking around long enough to find out.” “Uh yea of course. I’d love to.”, Chanyeol answered. Two hours had gone by and the two were still on the phone. They were laughing, joking around and being silly. Almost like two kids. “Your maj-, umm JC can I ask you something?” “ Yea.What’s up?”

“Well if you’re not too busy doing royal things, I’d like to take you out tomorrow night.”, Chanyeol said. “Really?! I’d love to Yeollie!”, JC shouted into the phone. “ Ah great! Wait, Yeollie? Did you just call me Yeollie?”, Chanyeol asked laughing. “Well yea. I think I’m entitled to give my boyfriend a nickname aren’t I?” “ B-Boyfriend? Your boyfriend? Me? Park Chanyeol?” “Haha. Yes dumb dumb. Unless that is, you don’t want to be.”, JC says. “Are you kidding me? These past few hours talking to you have been the best hours of my life. It feels like we’ve known each other forever. Besides, it’s not like we’re strangers since you've been watching me for weeks.”, Chanyeol chuckled out loud. “ Grrrr. Watch it you or we’ll be breaking up already.”, JC said. “Aww. Calm down my little gumdrop.” “Gumdrop???” “Yea. I’m entitled to give my girlfriend a nickname right?”, Chanyeol said, clearly mocking JC. “Haha. Of course hun. It’s getting kind of late. Maybe we should head to sleep.”, JC pointed out. “Right. But I have a better idea. Let’s both go to sleep but stay on the phone. Almost like we’re sleeping together, but not like that. You know what I mean right?”, Chanyeol rambled. “Yes, and it’s a good idea.”, she agreed. They both changed, turned off the light and slipped into bed, placing their phones on speakerphone.

“Goodnight Yeollie.”

“Goodnight gumdrop. Talk to you in the morning.”

They both fell asleep instantly. Time went by and it was morning. JC was first to wake. “Yeollie. Yeollie wake up. She said into the phone. She laughed as she could hear him ask for 5 more minutes while he was still sleeping. JC went to get ready for the day. She had showered and gotten dressed when she realized Chanyeol still wasn’t awake. “Ah this boy. PARK CHANYEOL WAKE UP!!!!’, she yelled into the phone as loud as she could. “Two pieces of chicken with fries please!”, he shouted. This cracked the princess up. “Mmmm. JC, is that you? Good morning gumdrop.”, he sayed sounding like a little boy. “Good morning Chanyeol. Did you sleep well?” “I sure did. I was just dreaming about you.’, he responded.“Liar. You were just dreaming about ordering chicken. I heard you.”, JC laughed. “ True but you were there too. I was buying the chicken for you.”, he said. “Haha. Hey we should discuss where we’re going tonight and what time. Do you have work today? If so, I cant just meet you there when you get off.” “Ok that’s perfect. I get off tonight at 8, so we can see a  movie if you’d like.”, Chanyeol suggested. “Ok great. I’ll see you then. Now get up and go get dressed.”, JC ordered him. They said their goodbyes and went about their day.

Finally 8 o clock had rolled around and sure enough JC was there with her giant sunglasses and snapback hat, to meet Chanyeol. “Sunglasses at night?”, he asked laughing at her. “Hey! It my disguise ok. I don’t want a lot of attention drawn to us.”, she explained. He nodded and they walked to his car that he rarely drives. When they got to the movies, he was so relieved and pleasantly surprised that she had chosen a horror film. They had a great time laughing at all the crappy effects and bad acting in the movie. The movie had ended and they had just got back into the car. “If you don’t mind, there’s one more place I’d like to take you.”, he says. “Ok. Let’s go love.”, she agreed. Chanyeol drove for about 20 minutes until he reached his destination, the park “We’re here.”, he said. He got out and came around to get the door for JC. He grabbed her hand and led her over to the swings where he began to push her. “ You know, this was a pretty cool first date. You’re a pretty cool girlfriend.”, he said. “Thanks. You’re not so bad either.”, she responded. He stopped pushing her, and sat on the empty swing next to her. JC soon came to a stop and reached for his hand. “Yeollie, can I tell you something?”, She asked. “Oh no. Have I done something to mess up already?”, he said sounding worried. “What? No way, you’re great. It’s just that…well. You know as a princess I’m expected to marry. And well I’m only really interested in dating someone who has plans of sticking around. I’m not asking you to just go and marry me today, but is that something you could see yourself doing in the future?” Chanyeol gave a smile and knelt in front of her. “I wouldn’t have even agreed to date you, if I didn’t think you were marriage material. I’m not going anywhere.”, he assured her. JC leaned forward to where their faces were inches from each other. At the same time, they both made their way to each other’s lips for their first kiss. It was as sweet as a first kiss could get with the two of them smiling after they broke away. “He stood up and grabbed JC’s hand, leading her back to the car. “Umm babe wait.”, she says pulling him back. “There is one more thing.” Chanyeol was on such a natural high, that nothing could break his mood. “What is it honey?”, he asks. “I just want to tell you this and be upfront about it. You won’t be my only husband. In fact there might be 2 or 3 others. But you will be my first one.”, she says looking away, waiting for his instant rejection. “Husbands? As in more than one?”, he asked. “Yes. If you want to break up, I completely understand.” “Why would I want to break up? You said I’d be the first husband right?”, he asked. She gave a nod. “Well alright then. That makes me the top namja and your number one guy. It is a bit weird and will definitely take some getting use to, but now that I know you I don’t want to know what it’s like to be without you. So I’m in!”, he says showing his perfect teeth.

“Really? Oh thank you Chanyeol. You’re the best.”, she said giving him the tightest hug ever. “Hey future wife, why don’t we stay and look at the stars a little longer?”, Chanyeol suggested. JC agreed and the two of them sat on a bench, cuddled up while watching stars.