Second Chapter.

Jet black.
Please log in to read the full chapter

2nd Janury 2013 – Present-

Raindrops hit the window constantly and quietly. The young girl stirred from her sleep at the gentle sound, she wanted to sleep more but then a delicious scent filled her nostrils, with a smile on her face she got up from her bed and went to the bathroom.

After taking a shower and getting dressed she moved all her hair to one side and started her make up routine to cover the tattoo on her neck, this routine was a pain at first but then after years of doing the same now it was easy.

She finished and smiled proudly at the results, but since she didn’t want any risks she would always let her long hair down. Yerin knew that it was dangerous if she let someone see her real birthdate.

“Yerin! Breakfast is ready!” Jiho’s voice was heard and she hurried downstairs.

“Good morning mom!” Yerin kissed her mother’s cheek. She was already waiting for her on the table. Hana smiled and extended her hand searching for Yerin’s face.

“I’m here.” Yerin grabbed Hana’s hand and placed it on her own cheek. “Good morning sweetheart.” Hana gently caressed her cheek.

Hana had an accident five years ago and as a result she lost her sight completely.  It was really difficult at first but with the help of her daughter and husband she was able to adjust to her new life.

“Dad I’m hungry!” Yerin complained just as she sat on the chair. “I’m already here you little impatient girl.” Jiho sighed as he put a strawberry cake on the table. Yerin looked up at him with surprised eyes.

“Happy birthday” Jiho grinned at her. “Already eighteen years old? Huh” Hana commented with a sigh. Yerin stood up and hugged Jiho tightly.

“Thank you dad, you are the best.” She faked a sniff then she hugged her mother with the same affection. “I love you mom.”

After their cozy family moment they started to eat. “Are you working today, dad?” Yerin asked as she ate a piece of cake.

“Yes, today I have to apply a test to the Prince.” Jiho sighed a little worried.

“Wow, you sound really excited.” Hana said with sarcasm then she covered as she chuckled.

“Well…we made a bet, and if his score is high then I have to fulfill his request.” Jiho shook his head dejected and Yerin arched an eyebrow. “And what is the problem?” She questioned with curiosity. “The guy is a genius! Of course he is going to get a high score.” He sighed once again in resignation.

Yerin laughed at her father misfortune. “Yes, keep laughing at me and arrive late at school.” Jiho scoffed a little offended and Yerin stopped laughing.

“Shoot! I’m really late.” She stood up and blew a kiss to her parents. “See you later!” She shouted and hurriedly left.

Jiho and Hana chuckled amused at their daughter energy. “Honey… that craziness definitely came from you.” Jiho joked as he hugged his wife. “I’m not even going to try to deny it.” Hana smiled leaning on her husband shoulder.

-

“I’m here!” Yerin announced as she opened the slidings doors. Her classmates just chuckled already used to her crazy antics. “Miss Hwa you are late, please stay outside until my class ends.” Mr. Park ordered with a straight face.

“But today it’s her birthday teacher!” Yerin’s friend Dahee proudly yelled and the others started to cheer. The teacher couldn’t help but smile. “Okay get in but only because you have good grades.” He sighed and everyone clapped.

Yerin smiled and bowed. “Thank you!” She looked at Dahee and smiled with thumbs up her friend returned the gesture. She happily went to her seat and turned to the seat behind her to face a brown haired guy with a slighty tanned skin.

“Good morning, Jung Daehyun.” Yerin smiled at him, Daehyun just blinked at her then without expecting an answer Yerin faced the front again.

Jung Daehyun was a peculiar guy, since senior year started Yerin tried to talk to him but he just ignored her. He would only talk to his close friends. Yerin respected that but sometimes she would get annoyed, still she always greeted him with the  hope that someday he would greet her back.

When lunch time arrived Yerin and Dahee decided to stay at the classroom.

“Did he greet you back today?” Dahee asked with full of food. Yerin grimaced at her. “Gross, close your mouth.” She shook her head. “And of course not, he is still quiet as always.” Yerin frowned a little upset.

“Well it’s his lost.” Dahee shrugged carelessly gaining a chuckle from Yerin. “Hey, where is my gift?” Yerin excitedly smiled. Dahee cleared and looked down.

But then Dahee smiled when an idea came to her mind. She snapped her fingers and a little flame appeared on her hand. “Here! Make a wish.” She moved her hand close to Yerin’s face. “Are you serious?” Yerin glared at her.

Dahee shook her hand and the fire disappeared. “I tried.” She sheepishly smiled, and Yerin laughed at her friend failed joke.

-

Luhan nervously waited for the results biting his lower lip, he drummed his fingers on the table. Infront of him Jiho was carefully grading the test with furrowed eyebrows.

“Did you study a lot?” Jiho asked with his eyes glued to the paper.

“I failed? Aww man! I didn’t study a lot…I had been busy with my prince obligations.” He rolled his eyes when the word prince left his mouth.

Jiho looked at him with an unreadable face. “Please don’t look at me like that!” Luhan pleaded as he covered his face. Jiho let out a long sigh and placed the paper infront of Luhan.

“Look at the results, Luhan.” Jiho encouraged with a soft voice, Luhan slowly removed his hands and his eyes widened. The number 90 was placed on the top.

“Oh my godness, this is real!?” Luhan took the paper on his hands, his smile growing. “Yes, so I guess you won the bet.” Jiho chuckled.

To be honest, there where times when Jiho felt bad for Luhan, the guy was a genius and with his skills he could get in the best university of Shexu if he wanted, but he had to be educated to be the King instead of following his dreams.

“Then I’ll tell you my wish.” Luhan crossed his arms still smiling with undying happiness. “Go ahead.” Jiho sighed.

“Help me to get out the palace for a day.” Luhan whispered with mischievous eyes. Jiho eyes widened with horror at his request.

“Are you crazy!? I can’t let you do that, it’s dangerous.” Jiho shuddered at the thought. “It’s fine! Lay is going to be with me.” Luhan pointed at the boy who was lazily reading a magazine on his bed.

“Are you sure, Yixing? This guy can be pretty hyperactive.” Jiho said trying to discourage him. Lay looked up from the magazine and smiled at him. “Don’t worry about us Professor, it’s only for a day” “So, you can help us?” Luhan asked with high expectations.

“Bu

Please log in to read the full chapter