Chapter 10

Jet black.
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 “I’m sorry…” Yerin whispered as she tried to clean up the mess from before. “Leave it. You need to treat that cut first.” Himchan said referring to the cut on her wrist; he softly smiled at her as he helped her to stand up.

Himchan placed his hand above her wrist and a soft pink light came out, in matter of seconds the cut healed, Yerin looked at him with a surprised expression. “I can heal people too, like Daehyun does.” Himchan explained when she saw her expression. “Actually all of us have learned that ability.” he patted her wrist and smiled at her. “But of course some are better than others.” Himchan smiled proudly at Daehyun who just grinned back.

Yerin bit her lower lip when she saw Daehyun healing his own arm, she felt guilty.

She wanted to apologize but she did not have the courage.

“I think we should go back to our rooms.” Yongguk announced when he saw Zelo and Jong Up dozing off. “I will take care of Yerin.” Daehyun patted Jong Up head and the latter nodded with closed eyes.

After that, everyone went to their rooms and decided to sleep a bit more before the sun came out.

 

-

Luhan was looking outside his window, observing how the sun was slowly appearing. He did not sleep at all because he kept thinking about what Sehun said earlier.

“Sweetheart?” his mother sudden voice startled him. “You did not sleep at all, right?” his mother asked as she slowly approached him.

Luhan turned to her and shook his head. “Have you heard something about the Hwa’s daughter?” Luhan suddenly asked, this make the queen tense up a bit.

“She killed herself… yesterday.” She calmly said trying to hide her relief and Luhan felt a sudden pain. He did not know her at all and even if he did felt attracted to her for a moment at the party, Luhan was sure that there were not feelings involved but he wanted to repay his professor and promised to himself to take care of her but now she was dead.

“Are you sure?” He asked almost as a whisper. “Yes, there is no one left from that family.” The queen sighed with feigned sadness.

“What do we know about the people who killed him and his wife?” Luhan asked fixing his eyes on his mother.

“Nothing, but Luhan you should leave that matter to the royal guards.” The queen reasoned as she softly squeezed his arm.

“I won’t rest until I catch the culprit.” Luhan assured.

 “You can’t do that, you need to be healthy and complete so you can lead this country.” She argued trying to hide her anxiety. “I will lead this country but before that… I will catch and kill them with my own hands.” The determination heard on his voice made the queen feel uncomfortable but how his gaze changed made her hands tremble.

“If you excuse me, I need to talk with the King.” Luhan bowed at his mother before leaving the room.

When he finally left, the queen clutched her chest and tried to stabilize her breath with small gasps.

She did not want this, her son eyes changed. They were full of determination but more importantly, they were fearless.

-

Luhan stepped into his father office without permission; the king of course was already used to this.

“Promise me something, if I accept the crown you will release the people you put in jail.” He said in a demanding tone.

The King put down the book he was reading and raised an eyebrow “I thought you would never take my place” he observed his son and his heart felt a pang of pain, his disheveled hair and the black under his eyes made obvious that Luhan wasn’t sleeping at all.

Even if they fought every time they saw each other, the king cared dearly about his son.

“Just make that promise with me.” Luhan stood up straight and bowed his head, “I’m sincerely asking for your word.”

The king eyes widened a bit in surprise, “Luhan…” He extended his hand wanting to reach and his son hair, hoping he could comfort him but he stopped at the last minute.

“Alright, I will think about it” The King said and turned around, Luhan bowed once again and left without saying a word.

                                                          -

Yerin slowly opened her eyes and looked around the room, she felt a bit better after crying so much.

“You woke up.” She heard Daehyun softly said and then turned her head to see the young

Please log in to read the full chapter