First Chapter.

Jet black.
Please log in to read the full chapter

May 24th 2002

“Yerin, do you want to come with me?” Hana’s voice echoed through the whole house. She was about to make lunch when she realized that their fridge was empty.

Small footsteps were heard towards the kitchen. “Yes mom!” Yerin’s cheerful voice made Hana smile with content, but her smile vanished when she heard a loud thud.

Hana hurriedly ran over her. “Are you okay, sweetie?” She worriedly asked as she helped Yerin to stand up. “Yes! It didn’t hurt at all.” Yerin proudly smiled.

It was always like that, Yerin was really clumsy she would get easily injured.

Hana sighed in relief and returned the smile as she brushed Yerin’s hair affectionately. Yerin was already a cute 7-years old girl, she was truly beautiful with her black long and wavy hair. Hana couldn’t believe how fast time went by, she still remembered the day she had brought Yerin with her. At first Jiho freakead out, how in the world was possible to go out for milk but then instead of milk return with a baby, but then after explaining everything with detail he understood and they happily accepted Yerin as their daughter.

It was difficult, a lot. They were new with babies and Yerin was a newborn so it was more complicated and not only that, Yerin was a special baby.

They had to be extremely cautious with everyone. They even had to lie to their families telling that decided to adopt a child. Hana covered the mark of Yerin’s birth date with a colored bandage wich surprisingly covered the mark really well but even if someone asked, Hana would say that Yerin had an scar.

Even if Yerin was protected with the bandage, Hana and Jiho decided to mark the year 1996 in her arm to avoid any questions or accusations, since they didn’t really know her birthday, it was decided to register her as a girl born the second day of January, year 1996.

“Mom…I’m hungry!” Yerin whined as she shook Hana’s shoulders. Hana blinked getting out of her own thoughts. “I’m sorry love, let’s go now.” Hana took Yerin’s little hand in hers and left the house.

-

“Professor Hwa, good afternoon.” A maid greeted Jiho with a respectful bow. “The King is waiting at his office.” She announced as he was lead into the big room. Jiho thanked the maid with a smile and closed the door behind him.

Jiho was really worried. He was peacefully doing his work when the King asked to see him. What if he knows about Yerin? The question tormented him

“Professor Hwa, it’s nice to finally meet you.” The King extended his hand for a handshake and Jiho uncertainly took his hand on his.

“Please take a seat, I have something to request.” The King reveled as he pointed the couch infront of him. Jiho sat down and the King took the seat next to him. “Can i help you with something, your Highness?” Jiho finally asked.

“In fact yes, you can.” The King smiled at him and that shocked Jiho, now it was really rare seeing the King smiling. “It’s been a while since you start teaching in the Royal academy, right?” He asked already knowing the answer.

Jiho was surprised at the unexpected question. “Yes, your Highness it’s been around seven years.” he answered right away. “I asked around and everyone told me you are the best Professor so like I told you, I have a request.” The King smiled once again and put his hand on Jiho’s shoulder.

The King only smiled if his son was mentioned.

“Come here to the palace and be my child’s tutor” Jiho couldn’t believe what he heard, being the Prince’s tutor was really unexpected. “But your Highness…I don’t think i deserve that place.” Jiho said trying to persuade him.

“No, no, you are perfect.” The King nodded, already deciding for him. “So see you tomorrow Professor Hwa.” The King stood up from his seat and Jiho did the same. “I’m sure Luhan is going to like you.” He smiled at the thought of his son, and like that unable to go against the King’s wishes Jiho only nodded in agreement.

-

“Mom look those apples are so red!” Yerin excitedly pointed to the box full of red and big apples. Hana chuckled at her actions.

“Do you want apples too?” Hana asked with her arms full of bags. Yerin looked at her with a pout. “But mom… you already have a lot in your arms.” She sighed dejected.

“Uhm… but you can help me with the apples.” Hana reasoned with a laugh. Yerin brightened and nodded. “Yes! I can help you.” She energetically said.

Hana shook her head with an amused smile, she was about to ask for a bag of apples when her phone rang. “Wait a minute, okay?” Hana winked at Yerin and then put the bags on the floor before answering her phone.

Yerin patiently waited besides her mother when something caught her eye. There was a hairpin on the floor, she looked around and after gathering courage she picked up the object.

As soon her fingers made contact with it, she saw images in her mind of someone crying. She felt a sudden pain on her head so she dropped the hairpin.

“My love, what’s wrong?” Hana immediately returned her attention when she saw Yerin grabbing her head, tears rolling down. Hana crouched down infront of her and wiped away the tears. “Yerin, look at me.” Hana requested with a soft voice but Yerin only hugged her. “I want to go home.” She cried in her mother’s arms.

-

“I’m home! Where are my girls?” Jiho yelled as soon he stepped into the house, a big smile on his face. Hana came out of Yerin’s room with worried expression.

“What’s wrong?” Jiho walked towards his wife. “I don’t like this expression.” Jiho said as he softly pushed Hana’s forehead, Hana ignored this and hugged him tightly. “Yerin is asleep…she cried today.”She worriedly sighed.

Jiho hugged her waist. “Something bad happened?” He asked concerned.

“I don’t know… she was okay but then suddenly she started to cry saying she wanted to go home.” Hana groaned in frustration and Jiho chuckled. “I think you are overreacting, I’m sure she was just tired and fussy.” He said patting Hana’s hair, she looked up at him. “You really think so?” she asked still feeling unsure.

“Yes I’m sure. My god Hana! Maternity really changed you, where is the strong and careless woman from years ago?” Jiho with a grin and Hana playfully rolled her eyes. “She is gone... but you still love me.” She smiled at him. “Yes I do.” He laughed and pecked her lips.

Please log in to read the full chapter