Chapter Twenty Seven

The Black Rose

             The black car stopped a block away from Seung Yoon's house. Minzy breathed deeply, nervously. Seung Hyun looked at her and put his hand over hers. "It will be okay... trust me," he reassured her. Minzy looked outside the window as she said, "I don't know if what I'm doing is right. Maybe we should stop this and just-"

             "No. You chose to stay when I told you to leave," he reminded her.

             "But we're hurting Jenny more. If she finds out-"

             "She's not going to find out. I mean... not so soon... not yet...," he hoped.

            Minzy got out of the car, followed by Seung Hyun. She then tapped Mr. Chung's window and waved goodbye to him. Seung Hyun walked with her up to the corner of the street where Seung Yoon's house was located. "See you tomorrow if... all goes fine tonight," she said as she waved goodbye.

 

             Aunt Soo Jin, Uncle Dong Wook, Seung Yoon, and Jenny were all in high spirits when Minzy came in. The quartet was drinking soju while eating ramen. She paused before the entryway to the dining hall and took a deep breath to calm herself down. 

             "Good evening Aunt Soo Jin, Uncle Dong Wook!" she greeted quite cheerfully.

             "Oh, Minzy! Why are you here so soon? I thought you went out with co-workers?" asked Uncle Dong Wook.

             "Oh... I ah... skipped norebang uncle. Hey Jenny... Seung Yoon...," she greeted, giving her bestfriend a hug.

             Seung Yoon just looked at her with fiery eyes, but still nodded at her as his way of greeting her back. 

             "Do you want to join us?" invited Jenny. Minzy declined, saying she had enough soju and beef for dinner and that she was already full. She then excused herself, and headed towards their room. 


Background Music: https://soundcloud.com/hikary25/k-will-crying-love-the-king-2


             Seung Yoon was sitting by the window in his room. He couldn't sleep that night, what with all the things that happened. It was just now that everything started to sink in, and he couldn't bear the pain that came with it all.  He may have had many girlfriends before but, he never experienced anything like this. The way it hurt him made him recognize his feelings for Minzy- it was love, a poisonous one. He wondered how he could have loved someone like her who was selfish enough to hurt even her own bestfriend. He wouldn't do that to his bestfriend because for him, his bestfriend's happiness was his own. Without him realizing, his tears started to fall. He couldn't bring himself to tell his cousin about Minzy because of his love for her, even with the knowledge that whatever she was doing was killing his cousin. But, he also couldn't bear to see Jenny lose herself completely because of a love that had wounded her.

            Seung Yoon cried harder as confusion blended in with the pain. He tried to muffle the sound of his crying by covering his mouth with his hands. But even with this attempt, Jenny could still hear his cousin's sobs by the door.

           She was planning to talk to him about Minzy seeing that everyone was already sleeping, but stopped short from knocking as she heard the unmistakable sound of muffled crying. Jenny raised her fist once more to knock, but then pulled it back. She should know better than to give space to someone who badly needed it. Jenny then got her phone out. 

           Seung Yoon's phone beeped. He wanted to disregard it, but seeing the time, he got intrigued as to who could be texting him at this hour. 

"Yoonie~ Everything happens for a reason. Whenever you're ready, I am just here... and don't forget your bestfriend Dae Sung~*^^* We're here for you... my little brother~ *^^*"

          Jenny heard silence from the other end. She braced herself, thinking that her cousin would now be opening the door any minute, but minutes passed and still, no Seung Yoon. She then hesitantly walked back to her room. 

            Behind the closed door, bitter tears started to fall once more.