Chapter Four

Unconditional Love

“So what made you change your mind and finally come spend some time with me?” Donghae’s mother asked once they sat down in the living room.

“It’s a long story umma. I’m going to tell you everything but later.” He answered smiling gently at her. His mother only nodded before turning to look at the blonde who was looking around in curiosity.  She giggled at the other's cute action.

“So Hyukjae, is Donghae nice to you or do I need to have a little talk with him?” She asked while glaring playfully at her son who just grinned at her before turning to look back at the blond.

“He’s very nice to me Umma! He bought strawberry candy for me!”  He said and grinned happily at her. Donghae chuckled at his answer before leaning towards him and leaving a peck on his cheek. Feeling someone kissing him, Hyukjae turned to find Donghae smiling at him and in a second, Hyukjae’s face turned bright red before he looked down and played with his fingers shyly.
The scene made Donghae’s mom giggle at the cute display infront of her.

 

“You’re so cute!” She said causing Hyukjae’s blush to darken. He was about to say something when Sungmin came and presented them drinks. He happily took the juice and Donghae did the same. After, Sungmin went and sat beside Donghae’s mom before he smiled at Donghae.

“It’s an honor to finally meet you Donghae-shii. I heard a lot about you from aunty.  I'm really amazed at how much   you've achieved in such a young age. "  Sungmin said looking admiringly at him.

" O-Oh. I don't think it's that great." Donghae replied awkwardly while scratching his head.

"No no. It really is amazing. I really look up to you and I have been wanting to meet you for awhile now. It's not every day that someone who's as young as you take a chaotic company and make it successful again."  Sungmin said while grinning at Donghae.

"you're exaggerating a little, it-" Donghae stopped talking when he noticed Hyukjae staring at him with curious eyes.

"What is it hyukkie?" He asked, smiling gently at his boyfriend.

"Hae, what's its name?" Hyukjae asked while blinking  curiously before he pointed at something in the garden outside.  Donghae looked at him confused for a second before he looked out to find his little puppy, Pada, running around in the garden.  He grinned before answering.

"That’s my little puppy, Pada. Do you wanna go play with it ?" Hyukjae nodding excitedly at that before standing up grinning.

"Yes! Lets go Hae!" He urged making Donghae chuckle before looking at his mother to find her giggling.

"Let's all go sit outside, the weather is good today so it's a pity to pass the time inside." She said before standing up.
The three of them left the living room and entered the garden. All smiling happily not knowing that one of them was angrily glaring at a certain blonde.

The three adults sat in table while looking at the blonde laughing while he played with the little white puppy. Donghae was smiling while looking adoringly at his boyfriend when his mother called him.

"Neh, Donghae." He looked away from Hyukjae to look at his mother confused.

"Yes umma?" He replied.

"I know that you don't like staying here. So what made you come back? Did something happen?" She asked worriedly. Donghae sighed. He looked at Hyukjae with sad eyes, trying his best to stop his tears from falling before he looked back at his mother.

"Yes." He simply said, not wanting to remember what happened yesterday. His mother saw that but she still wanted to know. She was worried and she thought that if she knew, she would be able to help somehow. She doesn't want her son to carry a burden. Especially one that seems to be making him feel uneasy and sad. She's his mother after all.

"What is it Hae? You can tell me." She reassured him, taking his hand and holding it firmly trying to show him that she will support and be with him, and that everything will be alright.
Donghae looked at his mother, seeing her reassuring smile brought tears to his eyes. But again, he tried to hold it back. He cleared his throat before he told her about everything. About him meeting Leeteuk again and about discovering that Hyukjae was Leeteuk's younger brother that they kept isolated and lastly, about the fire the day before.
His mother listened quietly to the whole story frowning alittle.  When Donghae finished, he stared at her waiting for all the info to sink in. She sighed before looking sadly at the happy Hyukjae playing infront of her before she looked back at Donghae wearing a serious look.

"You realize that this is a huge responsibility right? Do you feel like you're ready for it?" She asked.

"Yes umma. I love Hyukjae very much and I'll do my best to take care of him." He replied immediately. His mother sighed again before caressing his hand and smiling.

"Take good care of him then. And don't you dare hurt him or you'll get it from me." She said and glared playfully at him making him chuckle a little.

"Yes umma." He said. She then smiled, looking at Hyukjae.

"He's such a precious thing. I can't believe how life can be so cruel to someone as innocent as him." She said feeling how she felt a heavy feeling in her chest.

"That's his fate. There's nothing we can do other than support and love him now aunty."  That's the first thing Sungmin said since they went outside into the garden. He has been hearing the story with them all along. He still doesn't know what to think of the whole situation and of Hyukjae. He looked at him playing with the little puppy before looking the other way sighing.

"I'll go make something for dinner." He said before going back into the house. He walked towards the kitchen before he stopped to look at the three in the garden. Donghae and his mother now went to play with Hyukjae. They are all laughing while playing around. Sungmin looked at the view with mixed feelings before he sighed and continued walking towards the kitchen.

Later, Sungmin called the three to come in for lunch. Hyukjae ran excitedly inside while Donghae and his mother walked in tiredly after all the playing around. They all sat on the table and started to eat after a long day.

"Wah. This is really delicious! Even better than umma's cooking!" Donghae said before taking another mouthful.

"Yah! What do you mean by that? Yes, Sungmin's cooking is at professional level but that doesn't mean mine is worse!" She said glaring annoyed at Donghae. Donghae smiled teasingly at her, his mouth still full making Sungmin giggle.

"Thanks for the compliment but I definitely still have a long way before I can cook as good as aunty." He said while grinning. 

"Pfft. You're just trying to be modest. Your cooking is superb!" He said and continued eating.  Sungmin chuckled before grinning.

"Then don't I make a great wife?" He said while looking at Donghae. Hyukjae looked at him before he pouted and hugged Donghae arm.

"No! Donghae's mine!" He said hugging Donghae arm tighter while glaring at Sungmin. Donghae chuckled, seeing Hyukjae's cute reaction made him just adore him even more.
On the other hand, Sungmin's smile disappeared. He looked at Hyukjae up and down before he quickly forced a smile at him.

"Yeah he's yours, isn't he." He said before clearing his throat.

"Well, I'm glad that you all like my cooking. I'll be excusing myself now. I have some work to do." He said before standing up and leaving.

"Hmph. I don’t like him." Hyukjae said while pouting. He finally released Donghae's arm just so he could cross his in a sulking manner. Donghae smiled seeing Hyukjae acting jealous just from one word.

"Why Hyukkie? Sungmin is nice, is he not?" Hyukjae shook his head at that before his pout deepened.

"Hmph. He's not nice! He's trying to steal Hae away with his good cooking even though Hae is already mine!" Hyukjae said before he stared at Donghae for awhile. He then stopped pouting and nodded in a determined matter. Donghae just watched Hyukjae with an eyebrow raised, feeling amused at the other's actions.

"I'll just learn to cook better than him!" He said and grinned at Donghae before looking with his puppy dog eyes at his mother.

"Umma, can you teach me how to cook? Pwetty pwease?" He said in a cute voice while staring at her.
She giggled seeing the cute act before nodding.

"Of course! But you have to promise me to be extra careful though. You might get hurt with somethings in the kitchen. If you aren't careful for even one time, I'll stop the lesson. Deal?" She said in a childish way but still serious somehow. Hyukjae grinned and nodding.

"Deal! I'll be extra careful umma!" He said cheerfully. Donghae's mother smiled before standing up from the table.

"Well, I'll go wash the dishes then. You two must be tired after this long day so why don't you go rest for a little while? I'll take care of things here so you just go wash up and go to bed." She suggested while smiling. Donghae nodded and smiled thankfully at her before looking at Hyukjae.

"Well, let's go Hyukkie." He stood up and held Hyukjae's hand leading him up stairs to the bathroom. They washed their hands and teeth before they went to the room they'll be staying in which is Donghae's old room.

"Well, let's go to sleep then." Donghae said before leading Hyukjae to the bed and laying him down. He then looked at Hyukjae who is looking up at him with his puppy dog eyes.

"What's wrong Hyukkie?" He asked and Hyukjae pouted while blushing a little.

"I wanna cuddle." He said and kept staring at Donghae. Donghae looked surprised for a moment before he smiled and motioned for him to make some room for him. Hyukjae grinned before scooting over making room for Donghae to lay down. Donghae then pulled Hyukjae into a hug and caressed his hair.

"Sleep Hyukjae. You must be tired." He whispered.

"mhm." Hyukjae replied softly. Hyukjae was about to fall asleep when he felt Donghae pull away from the hug and stayed away for few seconds more. Hyukjae frowned and was about to open his eyes when he felt something soft touch his lips. But as soon as he felt the touch, it was already gone. He slowly opened his eyes to find Donghae staring at him lovingly. He stared back at Donghae silently for awhile before he finally broke the silence.

"Hae, do you love me?" He asked still staring at Donghae. Donghae frowned at the weird question. He was sure that he told the other that he loved him before so why is he asking? Did he forget? Or did he feel doubt?

"Yes. I do love you a lot Hyukjae." Donghae answered. Hearing his reply, Hyukjae grinned before nodding and closing his eyes again. But he opened them soon again when he heard Donghae voice speak.

"Why are you asking?" Donghae asked in confusion. 

"Teukkie hyung told me to never kiss anyone unless I love that person. He said that a kiss is a symbol of showing love for the other person therefore people only kiss their beloved ones." Hyukjae said and smiled happily at Donghae. Donghae looked at him with a gentle smile at his face finding Hyukjae really adorable at that moment. He then leaned forward and pecked his forehead before hugging him tightly.

"It is true. I'll never kiss anyone unless I love them. That's why I kissed you. I love you more than anyone else Hyukkie." Donghae whispered gently while caressing Hyukjae hair.

"I love you too Hae." Hyukjae replied with a quiet whisper that Donghae almost didn't hear him and rubbed his face in the other's chest. Donghae chuckled alittle before kissing the other's head again and closing his eyes.

"Sweet dreams, Hyukkie."

I love you 

Hae


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:- Yes I'm not dead xD hmmmm. Nothing really to say. I haven't been updating for more than a year now. I wont lie to you. at first i was just lazy as then alot of ty events happened in my life and I didn't even think about writing then. it kept going since last year until now. trouble happens everywhere but well, away from all the problems in my life, I just really didn't like AFF anymore. I don't know why but everytime I came on here I just get this sad feeling.it's not like before anymore. I come here everyday wanting to maybe update my story or even read any new ones but I just give up everyday. For some reason I really hate it here now. But I REALLY wanted to write this story so I updated it. I'll probably finish this one soon. no promises though. 
Now I'll just write whenever I get the urge to. otherwise, I'll just leave it here. 
I'm sorry about this. I know you guys don't really care but I just wanted to say this. It's okay also if you want to unsub or something. I'll be just writing whenever i feel like it and not like waaay before when I wrote it cause it was fun. 

I have no idea if i made sense but, that's all I have to say. well, until next chapter... I guess =P