Chapter One

Unconditional Love

Monday morning. The most hated day of the week by most of the people. But not to the female workers in this company. They all actually love this day because it’s when they finally get to take a glimpse of their boss for three months already. A young , handsome man 25 years old.  He was the new company president after his father passed away three months ago. All the female workers there always tried to get close to him  and even flirt with him but they always failed. For whenever they tried to talk with him about things  unrelated to their work, he would always glare and warn them about their attitude.
Although he was only 25 years old. He was a very busy man. And he promised himself not to date and only to focus on his work. The serious look on his face never went away except when he’s with his mother.
Right now like any other Monday, He walked in the building making every worker there stand up and bow greeting him a good morning. He only nodded at them before continuing to walk until he was inside the elevator to go up to his office. Once he arrived, he entered his office before sitting down behind his desk with a loud sigh while rubbing his temples. 

“If you’re that tired, then why don’t you take a rest from work? “ He heard someone say making him look up at who ever talked.

“Oh. Heechul Hyung. I didn’t hear you come in.” He said making the other snicker.

“Of course you didn’t. You look like man.” Heechul said. Donghae frowned at that before sighing.

“Thanks for making me feel good.” He said sarcastically.

“No problem. But I seriously think you need a little vacation. I know that you have been working overtime and even on weekends to help the company after the crisis that happened after your father passed away. So don’t lie to me about being fine. Just go take a little vacation and I’ll take care of everything until you’re back. What do you think? And I won’t take a ‘no’ for an answer.” Heechul ranted making Donghae sigh for the nth time that morning.

“I’ll think about it Hyung.” He replied and smiled at the other. Now it was time for Heechul to sigh before he shook his head.

“Think about it or not. You’re going to take a little vacation and that’s final.” Heechul said while glaring playfully at the other before smiling gently at him.

“I know it’s been hard on you lately but don’t overwork yourself. I’ll take my leave now ‘cause I got a lot of work to finish today. Ciao.”  Heechul said before turning around and leaving.  Donghae smiled at the closed door while thinking.

“ A vacation huh? It doesn’t sound that bad.” He sighed again before stretching a little and starting his work.

After awhile he looked at the clock to find that it’s already 3PM. He frowned while wondering how the time ran so fast like that before standing up  deciding to have lunch out.
He walked out of his office to be greeted by smiling co-workers and he just nodded at them with the same serious face that they always see before walking outside the building and into the streets of Seoul. He frowned when he realized that he had no idea where he could have lunch at. He looked around a little before he decided to walk around to see if he can find a café to eat lunch at. He walked for awhile until he noticed a small cozy looking café not to far from where he’s standing. He smiled before walking towards it and entering. When he opened the door he was greeted by the smell of coffee and freshly baked cookie and pancakes.

“Welcome. How may I help you?” He heard someone say from the counter. He looked beside him to find a guy with light brown hair smiling at him showing his dimples. Although his smile didn’t last long before a look of surprised took over his face.

“Donghae?” He called before grinning at the other. Donghae looked confused for a second before realization hit him and he grinned back at the other.

“Teukkie Hyung!” He said while the other was getting out of the counter to go and hug his friend.

“It’s been so long! How have you been?” He said after he broke the hug.

“I have been doing okay. And you Hyung? It’s been so long since I last saw you.” Donghae said while smiling at the other.

“It sure has. Come let’s sit down and talk better.” He said before ushering him to an empty table by the window.

“How have you been? You changed a lot since I last saw you in college. From looking at you with the suit and all I get that you work in your father’s company already huh?” Leeteuk said with the smile on his face. Donghae nodded his head as an answer.

“Yeah. I took over the company three months ago after my father passed away.” He said.

“Oh. I’m sorry to hear that. are you okay then? You look exhausted.” Leeteuk said while looking at the other worriedly but Donghae just waved his hand as if saying that it’s no problem.

“Just had work to do. So, what are you doing here? Are you a waiter or something?” He asked.

“Something like that. This is my parents’ café but my parents passed away a year ago in a car accident so I’m taking care of it.”  Leeteuk answered. Donghae was about to say something when he was intrupted by a cheerful voice call.

“TEUKKIE HYUNG!” They heard someone call making both of them look at the direction the voice came from to find a guy -maybe younger than Donghae - with bright blond hair running towards them wearing a wide gummy smile and holding a monkey plushie in his hand. Donghae was dumbstruck by the others beauty. He never found guys attractive but the person infront of him right now was definitely an exception with his milky white skin, blonde hair, puppy like brown eyes and most importantly, his kissable plumb red lips. He was definitely the definition of beauty. Donghae was staring at the beautiful guy infront of him when he heard a soft voice that he was sure he wouldn't mind  to hear talk forever and he then smiled when he realized that the voice was no one else other than the blonde infront of him. 

“Teukkie Hyung!” The Blonde called again happily while jumping up and down in excitement and grinning a cute gummy smile that Donghae was sure that he would melt any second because of it.
Leeteuk smiled at the blonde before making some space beside him so that the other would be able to sit at which he did.

"What is it Hyukkie?" he asked softly while the blonde's hair in a caring matter.

"Kangin hyung promised to take me to the amusement park! I'm so happy! Can we go now hyung? Can we please?" he asked while giving his puppy eyes to the older who just chuckled before pinching the blonde’s cheeks.

"Aigo. What am I going to do with you hyukkie? We can go but not right now cause hyung still has work to do ,what about this weekend?" he asked softly and Hyukkie  -As Donghae guessed his nickname was- nodded in excitement with eyes sparkling in happiness making Donghae chuckle at his cuteness. Hearing a chuckle coming from infront of them, Hyukkie finally took notice of the guy sitting infront of them looking at the due with amusement. Hyukkie frowned making him look even more adorable in Donghae's eyes before pouting and turning towards Leeteuk. Seeing the blonde pouting, Donghae swore that he might just die in his spot from cuteness overload. 

"Who's this hyung?" The blonde asked still pouting. Leeteuk smiled at him before turning to look at Donghae. 

" This is my college best friend Hyukkie. His name is Donghae and Donghae, this is my little brother Hyukjae." Leeteuk introduced them. Donghae frowned when he heard the other say the word brother.

"You never told me that you had a brother. I perfectly remember that when I came to sleepover back then you were the only child in the house." Donghae said making Leeteuk sigh before looking at Hyukjae and smiling.

"Can you go tell Kangin hyung that I'll go out for awhile? I need to talk to Donghae hyung." He said while smiling and Hyukjae just nodded with an clueless expression before standing up to leave but before he left, he turned to look at Donghae and grinned at him. 

"It was nice meeting you Donghae hyung." He said while grinning before running away. Donghae chuckled before turning to smile at Leeteuk. 

 "He's cute." He said and Leeteuk nodded while smiling at the direction Hyukjae ran to. 

"He is isn't he?" He then sighed before standing up making Donghae look at him confused but he just smiled sadly at the other. 

"Let's go out for a little walk." He said and Donghae just nodded his head and stood up following the other outside.

They went out and walked around until they found a park not far from the cafe where they decided to sit at. They found a bench before sitting down. Leeteuk sighed and Donghae just waited for the other to talk before saying anything. 

"Hyukjae is my younger brother. He's younger than us by seven years. He used to always be very serious and mature for his age. But everything changed when we moved here and we entered the new university and school. The first few months, I used to always send Hyukjae to school then I would leave to my college. But one day, I was sick and couldn't go send Hyukjae to school so Hyukjae had to go to school alone. Hyukjae was eleven at that time and I was eighteen. My parents told him that they could drive him to school but he refused exclaiming that he’s already old enough to go to school alone and that we shouldn’t worry about him. My parents didn’t want to upset him so they let him go to school alone that day. So, in the end he went to school alone and everything went okay. But the time when he had to come back home  he was late for one hour. We were very worried as to why he would be so late when the walk to school would only take 15 minutes max. So my parents went to school to search for him but they couldn't find him there. The teachers said that he left as soon as the bell rang. We got more worried and searched for him in the streets but didn’t find him anywhere so we decided to go home in case he was back. But when we arrived, he still wasn’t there. We were about to go out to search for him again when we got a phone call telling us that Hyukjae was caught in a car accident and he was taken to the hospital." Leeteuk stopped talking before sniffing and wiping away his tears while Donghae just looked at him with sympathy and waited for him to finish talking. Finally after a while Leeteuk took a deep breath before talking again. 

"We went to the hospital and the Doctor there told us that he was okay. Physically, and he only had a couple bruises here and there. But they were mostly worried for what might  have happened mentally since most of the impact of getting hit was on his head which might cause brain damage. We were praying to god that nothing would be wrong but everything was useless.When he finally woke up after a week of coma. We didn't understand what was wrong until the doctor told us -in the most simple way he could think of is- that my brother is a 5 year old stuck in a teenager body. And since then onwards my parents let Hyukjae be home schooled since he was bullied in his school after the accident and didn't let him see anyone because they end up hurting him or getting annoyed and shouting at him. That's why you never saw him. Everytime you visit he would be in his room playing with either mom or dad until you leave and I go to play with him." Leeteuk finished talking. Donghae was just sitting there while staring at nothing. He couldn't imagine how hard that must have been for Leeteuk and his family and how that was so unfair for Hyukjae who was left alone in his house with no one to talk to other than his family. 

"It was all my fault." Donghae frowned even more when he heard that before turning towards Leeteuk to find him covering his face with his hands while look down and sobbing.

" If I didn't stay home that day all of this wouldn't have happened. Hyukjae would have had a normal life like any other person and he wouldn’t have been stuck alone in home with no friends. He would have lived his teenage life happily without a single worry." Donghae glared at Leeteuk before turning him around to look at him.

" It wasn't your fault. It was no one’s fault other than the cruel fate. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe it was for the best. Maybe of that didn’t happen something even worse would have happened instead. Just be thankful that your brother is okay and alive. Be thankful that your brother is happy and smiling right now and never think that it's your fault cause it's not anyone’s and never will be." He said and Leeteuk nodded while whipping away his tears and smiling at Donghae.

" You're maybe right. Thanks Hae. Your words really helped." He said and Donghae smiled before pulling him in a hug. 

" Don't thank me. I mean, what are friends for?" He said before pulling away and grinning at Leeteuk.

"And that might help me when I tell you that I like your brother without you killing me." He said and grinned slyly at Leeteuk who just laughed at him. 

"I figured." Leeteuk said to the grinning Donghae making his grin turn into a frown.

" How? I never said anything." 

"Oh please. Even a blind person could've seen how you were staring at my brother like the most precious thing you have ever seen." He said and surprisingly smirked at Donghae which was creepy since that was so not Leeteuk. 

"Was it THAT obvious?" He asked and frowned more.

"Yep. And you got my blessing. But if I ever hear of you hurting my brother or making him cry, I swear I’ll chop your balls off and feed them to my dog got it?" Leeteuk said seriously while glaring at Donghae who just gulped nervously while nodding his head. Leeteuk smile at that before patting his shoulder.

"Well good luck. Now I better get back to my cafe before Kanginnie freaks out and you better get back to work since I'm sure that you're late already." Leeteuk said. Donghae just looked at him confused before looking at his watch and widening his eyes when he saw what time it was already.

"! I'm super late! I’ve got to go now Leeteuk hyung, I'll come visit tomorrow. Bye" he said hurriedly before storming off to his work leaving a laughing Leeteuk behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:- Hi guys :) Well, here's the first chapter. I hope you guys like it and that I didn't disappoint anyone :) 
Hae and Hyuk met already :) Next chapter will have some eunhae moments then the angst will start ;)
comment and tell me what you think ^^ 

See ya in the next update :)