Chapter Three

Unconditional Love

Donghae ran towards the building while pushing the crowd aside to be able to go near it.

“Get out of my way!” He shouted and kept pushing everyone aside until he reached the front of the building which was being secured by some police officers to prevent anyone from entering while the firefighters were trying their best to stop the fire. 

Donghae ignored the instructions of the police and tried to enter the building but he was stopped by some officers.

“Let me go! My boyfriend is in there! Let me go! HYUKKIE!” He shouted while trying to break through the officers but all his attempts failed.

“HAE!” He heard a voice shout making him turn around quickly to find Hyukjae sobbing beside one of the officers. Donghae quickly got out of the officers grip before running to engulf the other in a hug.

“Hyuk! Oh thank god Hyuk you’re safe! What happened?” He sighed in relief before pushing the other away gently  when he felt him sob and cupping his face while the other just kept crying heavily.

“What’s wrong Hyukkie? Are you hurt somewhere? Do want me to call some help? Please say something!” Donghae begged while the other just kept sobbing.

“T-Teukkie Hyung.” He mumbled softly causing Donghae to frown a little before realization hit him.

“Where is Teuk hyung? He’s not here with you?” He asked hurriedly hoping that what he’s thinking is wrong but his heart almost stopped when he saw the other shake his head in a no.

“Don’t tell me.” Donghae whispered before looking back at the burning building.  He then turned again to look at Hyukjae before pulling him into a hug holding him tightly in his embrace.

“It’s okay Hyukkie. Everything’s going to be okay.” He whispered while rubbing his back trying to calm him down. He then looked to an officer beside him pleadingly.

“There are people inside.” He said and the officer just looked at him apologetically.

“We know. We’re trying our best to save them. Let’s just let the firefighters do their job without interfering.” He said gently. Donghae just nodded before sighing and pulling away from the hug to wipe Hyukjae’s tears before dedicating him a small smile.
“Let’s just sit down and wait neh?” He suggested and Hyukjae just nodded before Donghae held his hand and led him to the side walk and just sit down and hope for the best.
Donghae pulled hyukjae so that he’d be sitting on his lap and made him turn so that he’ll be facing him instead of the building. Hyukjae kept crying while Donghae kept caressed his hair to sooth him a little.

“It’s okay. It’s going to be okay.” He kept mumbling trying to calm the other down and it worked. Hyukjae stopped crying before laying his head on Donghae’s shoulder and quickly falling sleep from crying too much.

Donghae sighed and just kept caressing the other while staring at the scene infront of him. Until now they were not able to calm down the fire. He doesn’t know for how long it had been like that but seeing how the color of some parts of the building started to turn black, he guessed that it had been awhile already.

He kept watching and praying to god that everything would be alright. That Leeteuk would be okay. But he knows deep down that it might not happen. The building was nearly falling down and they still are not able to enter or stop the fire.  But he still kept hoping and he didn’t stop praying. 

A while after the fire calmed down a little and the firefighter were finally able to enter it. Donghae paid attention to what was happening and prayed that they were not too late already.

After a while more. The fire stopped completely and the paramedics ran inside the building to help anyone who was unfortunate enough to be still inside.

Soon the paramedics came out carrying few people on stretchers and hurrying to the ambulances that are waiting.

Donhae gently turned Hyukjae  so that he was sitting on the ground while Donghae quickly carried him on his back. He then walked towards the paramedics and called one of them.

“Please did you find anyone on the fourth floor? My friend lives there. Is he okay?” He asked and hoped for the best. The paramedics called one of his co-workers who were on the fourth floor and asked him but the other just shook their head. The paramedic sighed before looking sympathetically back at Donghae.

“We’re very sorry sir.” Donghae widened his eyes hearing that while shaking his head in disbelief.

“No! Y-You must be kidding right? He’s okay! Just check again please!” Donghae pleaded desperately his tears already falling down.

“We’re sorry sir. But when we entered it was already too late.  We’ll be taking them to the morgue now. Please follow us if you have a car or come to xxxxxx hospital where the morgue is at.” He said and bowed before getting in the ambulance and closing the door before they drove away.
Donghae Just kept standing there in shock while his tears streamed down his face. He couldn’t believe what just happened. In a moment everything was so perfect and the next everything just got destroyed.

He turned his head a little to look at Hyukjae only to see his peaceful sleeping face.  He broke down right then thinking what will happen to Hyukjae? How will he react when he knows what happened? How will he feel? Donghae was worried about the other. He didn’t want the other to cry anymore. Seeing him crying awhile ago already broke his heart and he didn’t want to see him cry again.

Donghae then thought about where Hyukjae will stay and he decided to take care of the other. He’ll take him to live with him. That way he will be able to take care of the other and to make sure that he’s okay and not hurt. He promised Leeteuk to take care of him and to never hurt the blond. And he’ll keep his promise. He’ll never hurt Hyukjae and he’ll try his best to take care of him.

That was Donghae’s last thought before he walked back to his car while crying. Once he arrived, he placed Hyukjae on the back seat so that the other would be laying down before going behind the wheel starting the car and driving away towards the hospital the paramedic talked about.

After awhile of driving, Donghae finally arrived to the hospital before getting out of the car. He thought about taking Hyukjae with him but he figured that the other needed some rest now and he should let him sleep for awhile more. He parked the car in the underground parking of the hospital before getting out and locking it making sure Hyukjae was fast asleep so that he won’t wake up while he’s gone.

Once he made sure that the other is in deep sleep, He walked to the entrance and ran to the receptionist to ask about where and what he should do now. They told him that he needs to recognize the other before they make the appropriate arrangment.  Donghae nodded while the receptionist called a nurse to take Donghae to the morgue.

Once they were there. They brought out two bodies one of them Donghae recognized as Leeteuk which made him almost faint while crying uncontrollably and the other he didn’t recognize but they told him that he was with Leeteuk when they found them so he guessed that it was Kangin which made him cry even harder than before.

After making sure that the two were indeed them, they took Donghae out to sign some papers and to decide when the burial will be.

After all the arrangements were done, Donghae walked out of the hospital and to his car to find the blonde still sleeping peacefully. Seeing his peaceful face almost had Donghae’s heart breaking when thinking about how hurt the other would be when he finds out. He doesn’t know how to tell him but he’ll try his best to make it less hurtful as he can but he knows it’s not possible. Leeteuk was Hyukjae only family and now, he was all alone. He had no family left and that thought alone made Donghae’s heart break. He won’t leave the other alone. He’ll take care of him even if it is the last thing he’ll ever do. He’ll take care of the other.

With that thought in mind, he quickly drove away to his house. Tomorrow will be the burial so it’s going to be along day.  He also decided to take Hyukjae to stay in Mokpo with his mother for awhile so that they could run away from there for awhile.  

Once he arrived, he got out of his car before going to Hyukjae and carrying him on his back. He then locked his car before going inside his home.
Once they were inside, He brought Hyukjae to his bedroom before gently placing him down on his bed before taking his shoes off and covering him with the blanket.  He sighed once he’s done before leaning down to peck Hyukjae’s forehead before leaving to change his clothes and to sleep on the couch which was placed infront of the bed.

The next day came quicker than Donghae would have liked. He woke up with a groan when he felt the sun rays touch his face. He stood up unwillingly before taking some clothes before going to the bathroom to have a quick shower then wake up Hyukjae.

Once he was done, He walked towards the bed before sitting down beside the blonde gently. He reached out his hand to caress his hair while he stared at his sleeping face. he then looked at the clock before he sighed when he noticed that it was already 7am. He then decided to wake up Hyukjae.

“Hyukkie?” He called softly but the other didn’t answer.

“Hyukkie. It’s time to wake up.” He gently tapped his shoulder making the other moan sleepily before opening his eyes with a pout.
He looked around confusedly before looking beside him to find Donghae looking at him with a soft smile.

“Hae?” He mumbled confusedly before sitting up.

“Yes baby.”

“What am I doing here? Where’s Teukkie hyung?” He asked before his eyes widened and became teary in an instant.

“Teukkie Hyung!” He said before he tried to get up from bed but Donghae held his hand preventing him from doing so.

“Where’s Teukkie hyung? Why isn’t he here?” Hyukjae asked in panic. Seeing the other like that, Donghae couldn’t do anything other than pull him into a hug.

“Hyukkie. There’s something I have to tell you.” He said softly.

“What is it Hae? Where is Hyung?”  He asked already crying. Donghae sighed before pulling out the hug and gently wiped the other tears away.

“That’s what I need to talk to you about.” He said. Hyukjae just stared at him waiting for the other to talk.

“Hyukjae. D-Do you know the place where your Appa and Umma went?” He asked and hoped with all his heart that it will work in not making the other sadder. Hyukjae tilted his head to the side while blinking before nodding his head.

“W-Well, Teukkie Hyung decided to go and stay with them there with Kangin Hyung.”  He said softly

“But why didn’t he take me with him?” Hyukjae asked and pouted. Donghae gulped trying to hold back his tears. He caressed the other’s hair gently before smiling softly at him.

“He wanted you to stay here. So you’re going to be staying with me from now on.” he answered. Hyukjae nodded his head before he smiled at the older.

“Go get ready then. We’re going to go stay somewhere new. I’m sure that you’ll like. There’s an amusement park there.” He said while smiling at the younger making him grin happily before getting out of bed.

“Yay! You’ll take me there right Hae?” He asked while looking at him with his infamous puppy eyes making the other laugh alittle before nodding.  Hyukjae grinned after seeing that before he ran outside to the bathroom before coming back inside with blushing cheeks.

“Umm. Hae?” He called and received a hum as an answer.

“Where’s the bathroom?”  He asked shyly causing Donghae to laugh before showing him the way.


~~~~~~~~~~~~

After awhile, They both went out with two bags of clothes all Donghae’s since the younger now doesn’t have anything. Though Donghae will make sure to buy him everything he wants later on when he arrives at his mother’s house. But before they left, Donghae had to first go to Leeteuk’s burial but he didn’t know if he should bring Hyukjae with him or not.  He just decided to see what happens when he arrive there. while he was on the way, he noticed that Hyukjae fell asleep which caused him to chuckle a little at how much the younger sleeps. Though he was kind of relieved since that way he wouldn’t have to make the other be there while they burry his brother. He wouldn’t be able to stand that so he was very glad.

Not long he arrived to the grave yard where everything was going to happen. Kangin’s parents  and family were there and they were the ones arranging everything after he left the hospital yesterday.
Awhile after, everything was done and it was time to leave already to Mokpo. Donghae got back towards his car. He dried the tears he cried before getting inside the car and finally driving away.

Hyukjae was asleep most of the ride but before they arrived by a little, He woke up  telling Donghae that he needed to use the bathroom while pouting which made Donghae ‘aw’ at the scene. They were fortunately about to arrive at a rest stop so Donghae stopped there and took Hyukjae to the bathroom. After the younger finished, Donghae bought some strawberry snacks for the blonde to enjoy on the way –which made the blonde grin from ear to ear- before fueling his car and finally continuing his drive to Mokpo.  

It took them one hour to finally arrive to Mokpo and 30 minutes to arrive to Donghae’s mother house since it’s located at the outskirt of Mokpo. 
When seeing the said house, Hyukjae opened his mouth in shock while sticking his face to the window and staring down at the house.
It was surrounded by trees and flowers from everyway and the front was made of panorama glass and the curtains were all drawn aside making it possible to see almost everything in there including the bed rooms on the second floor.

“Wow!” Hyukjae said admiringly while looking around.

“Do you like the house?” Donghae asked him even though they were still not out of the car yet. Hyukjae turned around to look at him with a wide grin.

“Yes! It’s so pretty Hae!” He said excitedly while grinning widely.

“I’m glad you do cause we’ll be stay here for awhile.” He said and exited the car before going to Hyukjae’s side and opening the door for him. The other just smiled at him while blushing before turning to admire the house again.
Donghae then left him and went to open the trunk and take out the bags before locking the car and going to Hyukjae.

“Let’s go inside then.” He said softly and the younger just nodded still staring at his surroundings.

They walked to the front door before ringing the bell. Not long after they heard someone call out ‘coming’ before the door opened to reveal a beautiful women in her late forties. She looked at them surprised a little before grinning.

“OMO! Donghae! What are you doing here?” She said before engulfing her son in a tight hug.

“I thought about coming to stay with you for awhile.” He said when she pulled away while smiling. She then looked at the blonde beside her son confusedly before looking at Donghae again.

“And who is this?” She asked gently. Donghae smiled at her before pulling the other closer to him and hugging him from his waist making the younger blush and look down shyly.

“Mom. I like you to meet Hyukjae. My boyfriend.” He said and grinned at his mother who looked surprised at him before looking back and smiling at the blonde.

“You finally decided to date. Hi there Hyukjae.”  She greeted gently.

“H-Hi aunty.” He said nervously not knowing what to call the other.

“Oh don't call me aunty.  Just call me Umma from now on.” She said and smiled at the nervous blonde. He looked at her for a second before smiling back.

“Neh.” 

“Who is it aunty?”  They then heard a voice say before a guy with brown hair and M shaped lips came out looking confused around.

“Oh Sungmin! You came in the right time.” She said and smiled at the guy who looked confusedly at the two guys infront of him.

“Who are they aunty?” He asked

“This is my son Donghae and his boyfriend Hyukjae. They are going to stay here with us for awhile.” She said and Sungmin nodded while looking at the guys infront of him. He looked at Hyukjae and noticed his sharp features which strangely reminded him of a monkey  and his skinny body and slightly  messy blonde hair  before he turned to look at the other to find that he’s a tall brunet. He was very handsome with his brown hair neatly combed and his muscular figure and he looked very mature which made him look even more handsome in his opinion while the other looked like a childish person.  He frowned while looking at both of them wondering how a guy like Donghae ended up with a boy like Hyukjae. He couldn't understand. He then thought of something before smiling and reaching his hand out to shake Donghae’s hand.

“It’s very nice to finally meet you Donghae-shii. I have heard alot about you from aunty.” He said while smiling at Donghae who just shook his hand and smiled back at him.

“Same here Sungmin-shii.” He said before his mother told them to come inside. They nodded before she went inside with Donghae following her with Hyukjae by his side chatting happily together leaving a smirking Sungmin behind.

This is going to be interesting...