Cold

The Girl in the Plaid

She handed them the food that they had requested without muttering a word apart from the murmur of an ‘enjoy’ and went back to attend the other customers who had formed a line waiting to be served. Whilst you focused your attention at the delectable slice of coffee cake that was visible in front of you and slowly picked up the spoon beside you, your lips.

“I shall enjoy this Jimin hyung.” You cheekily stated and began digging in to the cake. Picking up a piece of the cream and cake you slowly popped it gently into your mouth, gaining a general idea of the taste of the flavour. Since to be truthful you never had coffee cake; you only said it to gain her attention weirdly and you weren’t sure why but now that you have the product in front of you hanging on a the edge of the spoon you felt a sudden change of heart and was simply dreading it.

As soon as your lips met with the food, you felt a sweet and slightly bitter taste that matched perfectly against the differences that somehow harmonised together, you both turned your faces upwards to stare at each other simultaneously as there was no doubt about the coffee cake. It was exceptionally delicious. As if you both hadn’t eaten in years you both attacked the poor cake that within a few minutes it had practically disappeared. The only reminder left was the few crumbs left from the way you both messily ate making you wipe your mouth with the back of your hand from the cake and froth the macchiato had left.

“Damn that cake was good Maknae, you got good taste.” The elder complimented you getting up from his seat and kick up the skateboard to his hand.

“Well of course I do, is there a talent I don’t possess.” You cockily replied making him headlock you as you both exited the shop.

“Aigoo aren’t you a little too conceited you punk.” He ruffled your hair a little hard making you grumble a little wanting to get out, as he finally released you.

“Whatever, I’m going to get going now, catch you later hyung.” With that you gave him a little nod of goodbye and hopped onto your much loved skate board and skated all the way back home. Picking up the skateboard you put it down beside your desk and chucked your keys onto the side of the table and lazily laid down on your bed releasing a long sigh. Starring up at the ceiling you wondered to yourself why that girl kept popping up in your mind. You weren't the type to think of anyone let a loan it being a girl. The weird and strange behaviour made you feel uncomfortable so you changed into your PJ's and jumped onto the PS3, brushing the foreign thoughts aside and decided to concentrate on more important things.

…Beating the dear leader Namjoon at COD

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

She pushed the seats back into their rightful places and scanned the room to see if anything else was out of place. Seeing everything was up to par she picked up the empty tray and placed it on top of the counter and went to hang her apron. Breathing heavily onto the cold night air she shuddered a little but felt a slight comfort by the weight of her coat combating the icy breeze the night’s air was giving her, making her blow a few times into her tender frail palms; rubbing them in motion so they wouldn’t go numb.

The girl didn’t have much money since she didn’t have any parent to gain it from. Even though she had a grandfather she couldn’t bring herself to ask for money from someone who’s ill and felt like they’re body was going to give up on them. She wasn’t that kind of girl and it pained to see her grandfather like that making her bite the side of her lip from the terrifying thoughts she thought may occur in the future. Her main priority now was to become a renowned dancer and make something of herself before her grandfather left the earth. She only had him and he only had her. She didn’t want to lose him whilst not achieving anything worth stating. Even if it had to mean she had to work, part time at a coffee shop whilst handling school and dance at the same time. She vowed to herself she would make him proud no matter what. Nothing could stop her from achieving her goals.

Arriving at the little apartment she made her way up the stairs to open the door. Turning the key she breathed an invisible smoke of air and quickly shuffled in before the coldness could consume her in.