Me

The Girl in the Plaid

yamma ni ggumeun mwoni ?~ ni ggumi mwoni ni ggumi mwoni mwoni ?~

                                                           Hey you, what’s your dream?~ What’s your dream, what’s your dream? ~

It loudly burst against your delicate eardrums as dawn crept up the surface of your room as you groggily woke up from your deep slumber, scrunching your left hand into a fist to rub an eye. Damn did that have to go off so early in the morning you thought as you peeled off the covers, exposing your pale white skin and stumbled towards the bathroom, annoyed as you had to go to another day to that place of hell. If you haven’t guessed it, it’s formally known as school. As you vigorously brushed your teeth staring down at your reflection, almost hating it for the amount of problems it caused in your everyday life. Ignoring it you spat out the excess fluid circling in your gums and popped in the cubicle for quick cold shower. The fresh cold water splashing against your smooth skin made you feel instantly re-energized for the day, even though you were heavily dreading it.  Not because of you hadn’t completed any of the assignments your teachers had set but a reason most normal average people wouldn’t face. Oh how he wished he was amongst those kinds of lucky beings.

Stepping out feeling spotless you dried off your hair sweeping it to the side messily, a good kind of messy making you look pretty attractive. That pitch black dark hair framing your face with that strong burning gaze in your eyes is the way you seemed to everyone; your expressions rarely changing but never-the-less enticing as ever. Grabbing your uniform from the other miscellaneous items on the floor, differentiating it from the others bunched up pieces of clothing you wore it in a casual manner, adding a few kinks and quirks accomplishing it to become your own unique style. Smiling a little at yourself as you looked at your own reflection as you didn’t look too bad, but that didn’t last long as you imagined your life at school again, grunting lowly. Was it because you and your friends made yourselves a little different from everyone else that you gained that kind of unwanted attention?

Taking a deep sigh to contain all these locked up emotions wanting to spew out any moment he loosened his tie to relax himself slightly despite not having met hell yet. Doing so that it didn’t look too perfect as he definitely wasn’t, no matter how many times girls would shout and cheer for him as if he was some local celebrity. The very thought of them made his skin crawl in the most uncomfortable, unpleasant way possible. Why couldn’t people treat you how every normal boy should be treated without the constant confessions, creepy secretive snap-shots from left, right and centre. Groaning inwardly as you gulped down the last remains of that scrumptious chocolate milk in one long gulp, thrashing down the colourless now-empty-glass onto the kitchen desk.

“Jungkook please set it down nicely.” Your mother spoke sternly then changed back her face to a soft one as she placed down a full breakfast for your father on the other side of the table.

“Neh” mumbling a response and picked up your rucksack and sped off to school shouting you’d be late coming home.

I skateboarded off to school; grinding the wheels onto the left curb hovering a bit before I landed in front of a light headed brunette guy. He had tousled curls around the centre of his head and long slanted eyes, heavily rimmed out at the waterline similarly to me. He was also a little taller than me, not that it bothered greatly but his gaze was certainly as rough as mine. Especially to the people we didn’t know or weren’t familiar of. His name is Taehyung but goes by the name of V, pretty cool right? He’s one of the many friends I hang out with at school pretty much every day to pass through these hard times (I’m being sarcastic-but really they are) but we still manage to have some fun along the way.

We caught up with each other talking about various random things as we arrived at the front of the school entrance, to what was a serene scene of students flowing into the school building so they wouldn’t be late for class, within moments turned into what seemed like half of the female race bombarding me and V with high pitched fan girl-ish screams from as far as we could see and hear. One of the most pleasant experiences you'd face in your normal everyday high school life. This was just a glimpse of the start of hell, you thought dreading the thought of the trail of events that would occur later on that day. You felt extremely claustrophobic as the girls came in close proximity beside you as you gained all this unnecessary undesired attention, feeling the need to leave the campus before you had properly stepped a foot in to it.

V looked towards my direction giving me the –you know what to do- nod; I obliged and waited for cue, for him to do what he did best. Using the art of deception he used his hidden talent and spoke in his grandpa/old man voice to creep the hell out of the other students, capturing the chance to escape free from the bustling girls I crawled out of there with my animalistic skills and safely managed to get out of their strong grasps blood and tear-free. Sighing in discontent I tried to straighten out my uniform out a bit as it was full with a few creases from all that pushing and shoving they had caused. I rolled it off and went to class hoping time would fast forward to the end of a day. What a beautiful but futile dream you thought dragging yourself to your first class. How change was definitely needed in your tiring a little lonesome life…