Curiousity

The Girl in the Plaid

“Since you’re my least favourite I recommend the fruit and nut cake.” She mumbled as she turned away not being able to stand your face for longer than she had already witnessed it. You were a jerk to her after all, ruining a person’s first (not even full) day at school and you expect gratitude or politeness from her.

She scoffed and walked towards another colleague, whispering for him to take over for her, to deal with such a incompentent customer such as yourself, where as she went over as a completely changed into this well behaved, presentable waitress and went up to Jimin; as you stared in awe at her change in behaviour, with that plastered smile she spoke to him as you judged from afar ignoring the male asking for your order as you walked up to them slitting your eyes in an uncomfortable way as she ignored you presence, trying to carry on with her conversation with Jimin.

“What would you like sir?” she said holding up her notebook up high so she could take the order, the pen ready to take down notes.

“It’s okay miss, he’s ordered for me.” He replied politely, giving her a small nod.

“Actually hyung I haven’t.” you spoke annoyingly so she could clearly hear you.

“Well, what would you like?” She muttered rudely to you with a change of voice.

She just spoke so nicely to hyung, why is she so rude and mean to me you wondered as curiosity rose over you due to her weird actions.

“Why aren’t you calling me sir? Isn’t that a part of every waitress’s job to refer all male customers as sir?” you spoke arrogantly expecting her toyou immediately apologise for the slipup.

You watched her struggle an almost inaudible ‘sorry’ then tap her feet impatiently waiting for the order to be requested.

Feeling a smug smile tug at your lips you spoke proudly, full of confidence and power to overrule those who opposed you.

"One caramel machiato and a slice of coffee cake."

You watched her scoff a little and look away coldly, for having the audacity to choose the cake she recommended. You didn't know why but pissing this chick off was the first thing on your to do list as whatever you did it seemed to irritate her by the slightest being intentional or not, she would always fall for it producing an unknown source of exhilaration in-between your soul- well inside you to be exact. You analysed the girl from head to toe, inspecting her appearance for an odd reason you weren't completely sure why. The way she stood there with that glum expression reminded you of someone but you weren't sure quite who. You tried to deduce who she reminded you as it gnawed at your head not wanting you to let go of the thought. So eventually waved the thought off and tried to concentrate on the conversation between you and the short male in front of you who was babbling on about some cool snap back he saw and really wanted a few days ago.

However whatever was your reason for acting like such an annoying pestering idiot she couldn't simply care less and quietly scribbled a few notes down and made a quick start on the order. Watching her work hard from afar brought you a pleasurable smile on your face whilst Jimin just couldn’t deduce the weird atmosphere he felt between the two of you. He wanted to ignore it as you had clarified with him previously that nothing was going on. But these minor signs that were flashing before his eyes he just couldn't simply ignore it. So he patiently watched at how his friend...the guy who hardly uttered many words to girls of any age or appearance was sneaking glances at the waitress who barely spared a look at him made him feel all to suspicious.

"Yah are you even paying attention Jungkook." Jimin pushed your forehead a little with his fore finger so you would wake up back to reality as he had caught you dazing off and staring for a longer time than normal at the girl behind the counter preparing the food.

"Yes, that cap would look really cool on you." you instantly replied taking no notice of Jimin as he was actually talking about new kicks he saw on the high street.

"Aish if you were going to be like this and stare at that waitress all day I better leave." he said as he attempted to get up from his seat to leave, but was only pushed back down by your hand in one swift movement making him glare as he snapped his head towards your direction.

“Don’t go hyung.” You mumbled in a low tone, almost like a cry of plead.

Jimin’s eyes widened a little not sure how to react at the new self you tried to portray and sat down at his place, stuck there like glue due to your weird behaviour making him stutter a reply. “W-what’s wrong Jungkook?”

Jungkook took a slight pause and tried to muster up the courage to finally reveal his true intentions and thoughts he had circulating in his mind, looking up at the short elder with a look of confidence he spoke with a soft voice. “The cake and caramel macchiato hasn’t arrived yet, how could you possibly leave hyung” You grinned sheepishly rubbing the back of your nape with your hand chuckling dryly.

“Yah! Was that it you wanted to say? Aish.” Jimin thwacked the back of your head hard for the lame excuse you just presented, making you rub the sore spot and pout slightly.

He looked at the sad playful look you gave him and let out a small groan, then tapped his fingers in a smooth repetitive way on the table muttering things incoherently under his breath whilst you smiled inwardly for having a dependable friend like him.