Her

The Girl in the Plaid

Previously~

Her POV

Pulling it off from the tops of your head careful not to mess your readily made-up hair, on the first day you carefully tore off the huge over-sized red headphones, to make sure you had arrived at the right place. Hearing the speakers’ burst out the destination you needed to go. Being your first day at Bangtan Arts you weren't sure what to expect, from the students and teachers that attended the school. From your previous knowledge of the area you only heard it was a decent, average school with students that earned typical grades, with extra-curricular activities’ and etc. The usual things you'd expect an Arts school to have but what partially caught your attention whilst applying to the school was its dance facilities. The large spacious rooms, made spotless and kept pristine seemed a suitable environment to carry on pursuing with your dreams from that long, long break away from studying of anything of the sort. Being beside your grandfather was your main priority; nothing else seemed to matter to you but his well-being.  You weren’t extremely sure if you made the right decision by having to leave him all alone and coming to the heart of Seoul. Nevertheless you stuck to your original plan to carry on with your dream of becoming a well-established recognized dancer for the world to enjoy & to watch the art form from the swift movements of your body.

Hopping off the bus you took a whiff off the air, inhaling the typical high school scent of sweaty jocks and cheap over-sprayed perfume on girls as you imagined them strutting their way for boys to have a good look at what they thought was ‘absolute perfection’. It somehow weirdly gave you a lift of positive spirit getting back to a school atmosphere which kept you pumped for the day not knowing what has been planned for you to encounter. Treading towards the large school gates with thick black cage-like gates loomed over you not knowing what was in store. You hesitantly stepped over it, pushing the bars with great force and entered the school, scanning the playground in awe as you saw graffiti and other words written across the walls.

Wonder why it looks so battered you thought as you searched for the reception to get registered. It hadn’t looked like that on the website or from what you heard about the place years ago.

Mumbling to yourself things must have changed since you took that gap year to attend your grandfathers’ needs you hurried on to the reception still gawking at the walls in awe, star struck at words you weren’t half sure what they fully meant.

After taking care of the boring administrating stuff your throat began to run dry making you feel a little thirsty, not noticing that it was time for lunch. You walked around the school not sure whether you should ask someone for directions as people didn’t look, particularly all that friendly. Eventually finding the cafeteria you picked up a bottle of Apple juice and headed out looking for a quiet place to sip your flavoursome apple juice. Twisting the cap lid open you chugged a few ounces of it down before it got knocked all over your new check shirt you had bought for the first day. Glaring at the stranger who had dared do such a thing, icily waiting for an immediate apology.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

His POV

“You.” She spoke full of anger and discontent as she grabbed onto my sleeve, so I would halt.

“What.” I reciprocated equally pissed as she had stopped me from carrying on walking down the path to the bathroom, shrugging her off coldly.

"Apologise.” She stated as I looked at her stain then back up to her eyes not caring.

“How about no.” I said for her rudeness, demanding an apology, not asking for one politely.

She scoffed as if she couldn’t believe what her ears were hearing right now as I carried on rushing towards the bathroom.

“Yah! You didn’t apologise!” she stormed after me but I had already snuck in triumphantly away from the weird girl you had just encountered.

Why couldn’t she just leave you alone, the stain wasn’t going to be removed by itself. Sighing mentally as to why there were such annoying pests in this school you dabbed at the stain, rubbing it robustly trying to make it less noticeable to the world. Failing miserably you grabbed a bar of soap that had managed to get rid of the colour, but there was still an awkward looking mark, less visible than before still pressed onto your shirt. Giving up you walked out of the bathroom and felt a wash off a familiar orange/ yellow coloured liquid flow over your hair, dampening it and bringing a fruity apple-ly scent up to your nose.

“What …the...hell” the words slowly slipped out growing louder and louder as the owner of the bottle smirked pleased at what they had done.

“Not hell, reality jerk.” She said as she twisted her heal and walked off.

I will find that girl and end her, you thought as you glared at the leaving figure disappearing onto the next curve of the building, the juice still dripping from the tips of your hair as you stormed back into the washroom ruffling your hair in anger.