Chapter 18

Royal Fiance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy belated YUNJAE Anniversary~ 9 years being with Yunjae 

here a gift from me to celebrate it xexe happy reading my beloved reader-nim ^^

 

June 11th, 2016

 

“Jae, are you really okay?” asked Kyuhyun concerned after seeing Jaejoong’s latest condition. True he let Jaejoong went home to refreshed himself yet it was another condition coming then. Though Jaejoong tried to put his always cheer kind of attitude but as his best friend Kyuhyun already knew right away what’s wrong with his buddy.

Jaejoong only silent with empty eyes.

“Jae--.” Kyuhyun patted Jaejoong’s shoulder lightly to get his attention making the other jerked from the sudden action.

“Um-uh. What?” Jaejoong stuttered, trying to figuring out what happened.

“Really, Jae? Couldn’t you just tell me? I mean---.” Kyuhyun frustrated to get to the point with the confused Jaejoong. He sighed. “At least if you tell me, even if it’s not whole story, you could feel lighter. You just didn’t change, Jae. You always burdening yourself. Am I just a stranger to you?” Kyuhyun tried to persuade him with all his might, wishing Jaejoong would share him a story.

Jaejoong lowered his head, staring at his auntie who laying on the bed, still unconscious with a lot of medical tools connected to her body. His grip on the coffee’s paper glass tighter, holding up his shaking hands. “I don’t know Kyu, I don’t even know where to start. It just ---,” Jaejoong paused as he gathered around his energy and searching for the right words. “I just felt so hopeless right now. I don’t know what to do anymore. Everything seems so hard for me I could barely breath. It’s so suffocating.”

Kyuhyun could see a drip of wetness from his buddy’s eyes, although Jaejoong tried his best to hold it back and not to show it. He rubbed Jaejoong’s back, coaxing him with his gentle voice of suggestion wishing it could peace Jaejoong’s mind a little.

Jaejoong looked at Kyuhyun’s worried face, put on his best smile – at least he tried to – for Kyuhyun who always been there for him when he felt nobody could understand him. Kyuhyun presence meant a lot for Jaejoong. He hugged Kyuhyun lovingly after listening to his nag and counsel. “Cheer up, man!” Kyuhyun live up the mood. They smile in unison. Now Jaejoong felt like an idiot who depressed for nothing and crying like a waterfall.

“Thanks, Kyu.” He smiled. “You are the best I have. Really.” Jaejoong tried to flattered.

“I know. You gonna really miss me someday hehehe.”

“Kyu.. how long do you think she will sleep like this?” Jaejoong’s eyes trailed on his beloved auntie’s figure, rubbing her palm gently on his cheek. His figure is not much helps either, he always stayed up late and wake up early – in an uncomfortable sleep – always guarding his auntie. That’s what Kyuhkyun hate about Jaejoong, he always cared for others and forgetting about his own needs.

Kyuhyun sighed and patting Jaejjong’s shoulder to encourage him, telling it will be alright, she will wake soon.

**

Yunho sat on the couch with a glass of vodka in his beautiful-slender finger. His hair tousled, his white shirt ed on the top, his tie loosened, there were no trace of a beautiful-dignified prince of Ecuratan Jung Yunho left anymore, it was just a stressed drunkard who enjoyed his night with a bottle of vodka beside him. “!! What the hell is going on?!” cursed him under his breath. He shoved the vodka into his throat in one gulp.

It hadn’t his intention to meet those women in the first place. Why’s she showed up anyway? Again Yunho only could cursed his carelessness and stupidity over this incident. Not only it will blow up the palace into uproar yet regarding her current retired-actress she is now – because of her own reasons – it surely would make it into one-day gossip in entire nation.

He massaged his aching head, trying to subdue the pain only it doubled when he remembered a face Jaejoong’s made before him. His complexion was pale, the bright Jaejoong was gone. His eyes puffy because of his tremendous crying over this past hour. I know my place. I even remember my oath with you under the legendary tree. Do you remember? Yunho slumped in his couch. Jaejoong’s word seemed like a poisonous spell that it lingered over and over again like an old-movies-film played inside of his loaded head.

“Of course I remember Jae. Of course. But as I said that time, I already found the one I love, and it you.” Somehow Yunho’s eyes suddenly wet, he never felt like this not even when he knew the truth about his family but for Jaejoong, this is his first time shedding tears. For his only beloved one. !

It was a bliss moment they could enjoy their time together in Korea. He’s not wronged Jaejoong’s auntie for being charged into hospital, hell no, he would never do that. Who he is anyway could prevent something like that? He is just a mere human, a weak human who only got title on his shoulder to begin with. And somewhat with that title of his, he would never want it in the first place if he could choose, but no, not for now. He’s happy to have those title on him since because of those title he had to accomplished their tradition to get married, hence he hated it before. Because of those stupid custom of his, he could meet Jaejoong though it was a misunderstanding first but in the end he’s contained. He’s thanks to his grandfather for finding that beautiful and pure like angel wife of his, Kim Jaejoong.

A loud rings from his phone on the table woke him up. He picked it up with grunt without even looking at the caller name, hell he had no time for that, he already pissed right now since it startled him to wake.

“Good evening, Yunho-sshi,” the caller greeted politely. “Sorry for disturbing you in the middle of the night.” He then continued when Yunho took his apologize. “I’ve bring some news for you.”

“What is it?” Now Yunho finally settled his position into comfortable one, opening his half-sleep eyes and his ear to listen what his secretary would tell.

“Regardless of the matter involving you, and lady Hwangbo, I’ve settled it though it still hard to break the gossip down entirely but it still could be control. As for in Korea, I already talked to the embassy and uppermen to handle it, so please be patient. I’ll inform you again if anything happens,” the caller ended his explanation.

“Thank you, Hangeng. I don’t know what to do anymore if it not you. And it seems I won’t be able to return to the palace for the time being, since Jaejoong’s auntie fell sick. So I’ll put my trust in you for this matter.” Yunho ended. He combed his tousled hair with his bare finger, a little bit relief about the matter which had been taken care off.

Hangeng. Those name was a name he hated so much though he never showed it back in those days. He was his father lover-in-secret and on the other side he served me, son of his secret lover dutifully without any regret. He always made a composed poker faced, put behind all of his emotion. How disgusting. That’s what he thought – back then – before he heard Hangeng’s confession of his true feeling to Jaejoong on the banquet night. It pricked his heart he never knew that that was his feeling he had all those time he stayed in the palace. True he never blamed Hangeng, it’s not all his fault either. It just those stupid parent of his that made everything seemed so bleak, so dark, so hurt he want to close any possibilities to not get hurt again. Until he met Jaejoong, then he knows what ‘feeling of loved and to-be loved’ is feels like.

Jaejoong made his life, his world brighter than ever. He made Yunho knows how his heart could thumping in a rapid beat whenever he’s beside him and he had no theory of it or whatsoever. He teaches Yunho everything yet somehow Yunho felt like he always made Jaejoong cry because of him. He promised not to made those fragile and pure heart man cry over something yet he always saw tears running on his plushy cheeks in front of him. He would happy if Jaejoong only cry in joy with him but somehow that’s not the case here.

He ruffled his hair in confusion.

It’s almost morning, the sun barely showed his glowing figure when Yunho checked his phone clock. 5 am in morning and now he couldn’t sleep anymore. His brain felt like it would explode anytime soon if he tried to put another problem inside.

He dragged his bare feet to the bathroom, need a quick shower to sober him up. He scans those empty rooms. It’s so spacious compared when Jaejoong beside him, there see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter