Surprise Proposal

7 Years of Love: A Collection of KyuWook Drabbles/Oneshots

 

Title: Surpise Proposal

Author: sorrysorry95

Genre: fluff + attemptedcomedycough

__________________________________________

 

They had no idea how this happened. How they got here, what led them to it, whose idea it was. The only thing both Ryeowook and Kyuhyun knew was that they have to save their lives and eliminate the other in this arduous…pillow fight.

“Yah Cho Kyuhyun!” he yelled when he got smacked in the face.

Kyuhyun only laughed hysterically at the reaction and continued shielding himself.

Ryeowook attacked again, more furiously this time because of the previous smack.

“It hurt, stupid!”

“Geez, what a cry baby!”

“Kyuhyun!”

And the fight went on and on. However, in the background, between the sounds and win made by the pillows, one could very easily hear the hysterical laughter, giggles and losses of breath from both parties.

The fun was interrupted by the unusually loud ringtone emitted from Ryeowook’s phone. The older of the two abruptly stopped his actions, ignoring Kyuhyun’s pleading face to just ignore the ringing. Ryeowook put down the pillow and hurried to the device on his bed, realizing he just got an e-mail.

Kyuhyun, as curious as he always was, he flopped down on the bed next to his hyung.

“What chu reading, Wook-ah?”

Ryeowook however…it was as if he didn’t even hear him. Or didn’t want to.

“Wook-ah..”

“…”

“Ryeowook.”

“…”

“Kim Ryeowook!”

Ryeowook jumped, his wide eyes directing right at Kyuhyun this time.

“Oh, Kyu-ah! Guess what?”

“Yes?”

Ryeowook jumped up his bed, straightening his bed, his ever-glowing grin painting his face and eyes full of sparkle. It was obvious he just received some good news and Kyuhyun tilted his head in both curiosity and expectation. This must be huge! Did he finally receive the role in the HSM musical?

“Kyu-ah!! Remember that 3 meter tall giraffe I always wanted?! The one I showed you online? IT’S FINALLY AVAILABLE, KYU-AH! They just messaged me and told me their stock was renewed! Oh dear, I can finally order it! My dream!! Kyaaa!”

Ryeowook flopped down on the bed, looking at the ceiling and clutching his phone hard.

And so he started blabbering about how he’s going to name the toy, where he will put it, where will he take it, how many times a week he will wash it, he debated whether to dress it up or not, how he will take it to Sukira one day, how he will Tweet about him for his fans to see…all this before he even placed the order.

Kyuhyun sat there, in front of him, a completely blank expression on his face, shoulders dropped and a lazy gaze.

It took Ryeowook a good 15 minutes to realize his friend’s state.

“Kyu-ah?” He sat up and tilted his head in confusion. “What’s up? Something wrong?”

Kyuhyun scoffed and looked away.

“Kyu-ah.” Ryeowook grabbed his arm, resulting successfully into Kyuhyun looking back at him.

“Kyu-ah, what’s wrong?”

“Ugh, really Wook-ah, don’t you think you have better things to spend your money on?”

“Huh?” Shock went through the older boy.

“Don’t you think this obsession of your with giraffes is getting out of control? And your fans and the hyungs are only feeding it?! You are completely exaggerating now! And you’re not a kid anymore! Just what’s your excuse?”

Kyuhyun’s words were not that abnormal, Ryeowook did tend to hear them on a daily basis. Yet now, they pierced through his heart, crushing his excitement for his new giraffe completely. He lowered his head and could literally feel his heart sink, shatter. His vision got blurry from the forming tears and he knew it was only a matter of time until he started sniffling.

Why did Kyuhyun have to be so harsh?

“Ryeowook-ah, let’s date. Stop spending your money on such things.”

And Ryeowook was shocked yet again. His eyes widened, heart suddenly beat faster as disbelief clouded his proper way of thinking.

What did Kyuhyun just say?

Lifting his head, Ryeowook was determined to demand explanations from the younger. Determined to scold him about joking around with these and determined to tell him he’s going to order the giraffe anyway.

However, when he did so, the second his eyes met Kyuhyun’s, the maknae leaned in and quickly pressed their lips together, in a soft and gentle kiss. Amidst their minds that now were completely shut down, their hearts still exploded from the impact. They lowered their eyes and kept their lips pressed until Kyuhyun tilted his head to the right and slowly, pressed three more pecks to the older’s lips. Only when he pulled back was when Ryeowook started breathing again.

Ryeowook’s eyes expressed nothing but shock, confusion, fear and nervousness as his cheeks flushed red. Yet when he saw Kyuhyun’s eyes, mirroring nothing but gentleness, kindness, care and…love, Ryeowook could just feel his heart and soul get drowned in sweet ease.

“What…do you think of my…p-proposal…Ryeowook-ah?”

At this, Kyuhyun’s calm image totally shattered.

“Kyu-ah…”

“…”

“I umm…” The shy boy looked away.

And Kyuhyun panicked suddenly turning to rely on his instincts. He grabbed Ryeowook’s chin and quickly pulled him back so their eyes met once again.

“Please?” He whispered against his lips.

Ryeowook opened his mouth to respond but no voice came out. Frankly, it didn’t even have to because Kyuhyun approached him with yet another kiss. This time, with more passion and more determination. Ryeowook himself felt it and he shyly kissed back, moving his lips too against Kyuhyun’s. As Kyuhyun took his hand up to his cheek, Ryeowook circled his arms around his shoulders, gently approaching their bodies more.

“So?” The taller asked when they let go.

 

***

 

“In the end, Kyuhyun couldn’t stand it any longer and told me ’Ryeowook ah, let’s date. Don’t spend your money on such things.’” Ryeowook concluded his story.

As he proceeded to his next sentence, he casually took a look at his Twitter and saw a mention to which he automatically smiled at after reading it.

 

@ryeong9 oppa! what happened after that?

 

‘It’s a surprise.’ He said in his mind.

 

“So what does that have to do with your personal interests?”

“Um.. But to be told in that way by a member of the same age does affect my feelings.”