Eight Days Of August Fifteenth

7 Years of Love: A Collection of KyuWook Drabbles/Oneshots

15/8/2006

“Saranghae, Ryeowook-ah”

“Saranghae, Kyuhyun-ah”

Ryeowook ended the call to Hello Chat, the smile on his face glimmered the whole room. This is the first time they confessed in public, the first time they can truly live by their inner self.

The petite had had relationships before, but never once did he feel this magical, like being lifted up from the ground, and sparks flied while pixie dust sprinkled all over him, marking this enchanted day.

Their love was so honeyed, Ryeowook concluded.

*****

15/8/2007

-Can we record this part tomorrow?

-No, Ryeowook-ssi. We need to finish this so I can give the song to our producer tonight.

-Ryeowook sighed. It was almost eleven now – he’s gonna be late. Swallowing the grumbles in, he slowly raised his magnetic voice.

Memories flowed through, calming his burning soul as every word of the chorus was sang. The love ballad reminded him of how beautiful love was, shining bright like a star in the sky. Fragile as it may seem, love brought you all the feelings so pure that only the heart could cherish well.

When Ryeowook left the studio, the clock had stricken 12 am. He rushed home, then entered the balcony, only to see a sleeping figure on the table, a bottle of red wine and a chocolate cake lying beside him.

The smile on the petite’s face grew bigger as he leaned down and whispered to Kyuhyun’s ear, “Happy anniversary”, along with a sweet wake-up kiss.

At that moment, he decided that their love would last for years.

*****

15/8/2008

Kyuhyun had gone…

Ryeowook lied unmoved in his bed, eyes closed in extreme despair, another tear silently slipped out.

The sneaky touches, the warming hugs, the passionate kisses,.. They all ran through his mind like making a joke on his nasty state, lonely and depressed.

You never know how much he meant to you until he had left… - The thought tortured him, destroyed his soul into million pieces.

Suddenly the door opened.

-Stop acting like Kyuhyun’s dead! Please, he’s only left for Beijing in two days!

Sungmin shook his head in annoyance then closed the door, after throwing a giraffe notebook onto the crybaby’s bed:

-He told me to give it to you today.

Ryeowook slowly crawled to the item, and happiness flashed through his eyes when they scanned the first page:

“Happy anniversary, sweetheart. I’m sorry for not being there, but don’t cry or Sungmin will get mad at you!

I’ll be back soon :)

P.S: I love you”.

As Ryeowook closed the book, he reckoned that their love was unalterable.

*****

15/8/2009

-I’m sorry – the man whispered, his voice gentle as the night wind – This is over.

The other crashed down, tears started to fall, damping his beautiful face.

-Why?

-Lengthening this… only make both of us hurt – the cold tone lingered in the latter’s ears, each word tore the person down like freezing ice.

And the man left, leaving the other in total breakdown.

And Ryeowook cried.

*

-Watching Korean drama at night can be bad for your health – Ryeowook was engulfed into a warm hug, and he breathed in the familiar scent of the man he had known so well, lazily cuddled closer into his chest.

-Then what am I supposed to do while waiting for you to return home?

Kyuhyun smiled as he wiped the dried tears on Ryeowook’s face:

-This about me. About us – he leaned down – Sorry for being late. Happy anniversary, honey.

The only thought left to exist when Ryeowook was being passionately kissed, was their non-fictional love, unlike those Korean tragedy, was an endless romance.

*****

15/8/2010

Melodious sounds lingered in the space of the music room, creating an elegant yet appealing symphony.

Ryeowook paid full attention to the black and white piano keyboards, not noticing a slender pair of arms sneaked into his waist.

The petite shrieked at the warmth suddenly being provided, then, like a fluffy kitten, cuddled closer into the heat.

-Didn’t you say you wanted to have a dance on our anniversary? Come – Kyuhyun swiftly stood up, opening a soft piece od instrumental music. Each note blew into Ryeowook’s ears as a charming spell, guiding him into the other’s opening arms.

They danced slowly to the silky harmony, each movement perfectly made as souls combined into one.

Ryeowook sank into the other’s firm chest, the silvery melody soothed his ears as he silently muffled, “make our love a perfect waltz”.

*****

15/8/2011

-What’s wrong, Ryeowook? You just keep looking at the clock nonstop!

-Ah, nothing – the mentioned man smiled politely to his producer – Where were we?

-This, I think we should exchange your lines with Sungmin’s…

The singer quietly listened to him, but none of the words successfully caught his attention.

“It’s almost eleven. Five minutes til 12 am in Seoul. Five minutes til 15/8”.

His heart was running so fast, and he could felt his hand covered with sweat. Butterflies dominated his stomach as the producer’s monotonous voice kept going on, buzzing in his ears:

“Will he..?”

The clock stricken 11pm, and Ryeowook’s phone rang.

-Excuse me – the man couldn’t hold back his smile while he stood up and left the room, trying his best to calm down his erratic heartbeats.

-Right on time – he picked up the call with a pleasant sigh.

-I know – the other line echoed a small laugh – Is it cold in Taipei?

-Not really. But I have to work extra hours…

-Remember to take care of yourself. It’s not good to stay up so late.

None mentioned the real purpose of the call, but they had become close enough to understand things that needn’t to be spoken.

Ten minutes later, Ryeowook heard his producer’s voice from the other end of the hall.

-Gotta go now, Kyuhyun-ah.

-Okay. Take care – the other man paused a little bit – I miss you.

The beam grew bigger on Ryeowook’s face, wiping away all his exhaustion.

-I know, happy anniversary.

-I love you – the three words were sweetly outspoken, like music to his ears.

He hung up the call, the heavy rock in his soul was finally carried away.

And as Ryeowook was being dragged back to the studio, affection filled his heart with an original love he never once felt with anyone else.

*****

15/8/2012

-And for our guests tonight on Sukira, Cho Kyuhyun!

Ryeowook blinked at the mentioned man, who happily smiled at the eye-contact and swiftly continued the show.

It was a normal night, but with Kyuhyun’s special existence, Ryeowook felt this was the most successful Sukira record ever.

Kyuhyun seemed not to pay attention to the petite for the whole show, but when Ryeowook turned away, he could sense a pair of affectionate eyes glued onto him. And this, made his day.

As they shook hands signing the end of the show, Kyuhyun leaned down and whispered something into his lover’s ears.

-Okay, let’s get down to the next Sukira topic – the producer finally spoke up – Ryeowook, how about inviting EXO’s D.O… Ryeowook?

The mentioned man was then hand in hand with his lover, running along the streets, cool wind caressed their faces, encouraging their escape.

They eventually stopped in front of a narrow alley, catching their breaths.

-I don’t think this is a good idea… - Ryeowook muttered, but his words were silenced by a pair of soft lips.

-Happy anniversary, Ryeowook – Kyuhyun sweetly poured into his ears, those three words that never failed to make him happy.

The intimation was then shared fondly – a flawless proof for their one-of-the-kind love.

*****

15/8/2013

-Ah… Hah… It hurts…

-Hang on… Relax, baby…

-I can’t… Hah… Pull it out…

-Just one moment… Let me try harder…

-No! Ah! Pull... it out! Quick!

Kyuhyun eventually pulled it out, lovingly rubbed the other’s already red and swollen item as a compensation.

-I’m sorry…

-Seriously, how can you picked up such a tiny ring? I know I have small fingers but…

-I know, I know… I’ll go and exchange for another ring tomorrow. Does it still hurt?

Ryeowook looked at his ring finger, now being gently by the other. Such strong sentiment dominates him that he enveloped the other into a big hug.

-I love you, Kyuhyun, I love you…

And Kyuhyun smiled, the brightest smile he had ever seen:

-Love you too.

Two pair of lips met, creating an emotional kiss of love.

*****

Sungmin, after the accidental enter, quietly closed the door, leaving the two lovebirds in their own world.

What could he say? The combination of their name had already tells it all about the ties between their heart.

A love that is Honeyed and will last for Years.

A love that is Unalterable and forever will be Non-fictional.

A love that never fails to make a perfect Waltz – always Original, One-of-a-kind passion lingers in every note.

A love that is a Kiss in the rain, wiping away all the nasty reality.

 

H.Y.U.N.W.O.O.K

****

Violetarchangel: Hi everyone, so here is the thing :) I accidentally had the same concept with theloveinlife (which I didn't know til now), and I'm really sorry. I hope you guys will understand...

A very big apology to unnie theloveinlife :(