Out of the closet

7 Years of Love: A Collection of KyuWook Drabbles/Oneshots

Kyuhyun’s POV

I am awoken by the heavy feeling in my heart. It’s been like that since one month ago.

 

Something, no, someone is missing, that important person in my heart…

 

Ryeowook and I tend to be all lovey dovey when we are not on stage but Ryeowook has been very cold to me lately, even the members find us awkward. They would try to make us sit together in press conferences or in ceremonies but we just did not interact with each other. Fans start to notice Wookie and I drifting apart.

 

“Kyuwook moments are extremely rare these days. Ryeowook oppa seem to be cold to Kyuhyun oppa. Did they quarrel?” A fan wrote on SNS.

 

Sometimes, Wookie and I would bump into each other but he would treat me like I’m transparent. I start to wonder, were we in love before? Are we still in love?

 

We are on the way to Japan for a performance and I guess that it must be the doing of the other members that Wookie and I are sitting together in the plane.

 

The feeling is back, the heart thumping sensation. The feeling I used to feel whenever I’m near him. Looks like I’m still in love with him. The pilot gave his speech and we are all ready to fly. Wookie took out his mp4 player to plug in his ear piece and started playing music with his eyes closed. He placed his hand on the arm rest. I looked around to see if anyone was looking.

 

I shifted my hands to grab wookie’s quickly. With his eyes closed, he pulled away from me. I am trying to be nice to him but he doesn’t accept it. My pride got hurt, I looked away angrily, asking myself, why did I even try to hold that idiot’s hand? I took out my PSP to start playing my game.

 

As my game got more exciting, I sensed that Wookie was nodding his head. No matter how angry I am, there’s only one person in the world that can make me stop playing, I paused my game to look at Wookie. He was asleep and his head was nodding in the air. It’s been a long time since I saw his sleeping face. I put down my PSP and gently, used my palm to guide his head to my shoulders. I rested my head on his head too and closed my eyes.

 

The warmth and sweetness is something I missed so much…

 

Ryeowook’s POV

 

We arrived at the airport and it was packed with fans like always. It was really difficult to leave the airport and fans were screaming. There was so much pushing that the security guards were not able to hold them back. All 9 of us were being pushed as fans tried to touch us. Being professional, we had to put on our smile but there was too many of them. The other members were being escorted away from the crowd but I was too well-surrounded by fans that I could not follow the members.

 

Pens and paper were being pushed to me to have my autograph and endless flashlights shone on me. I tried to look for the staffs frantically but I couldn’t see them. I continued signing autographs. Where are they? They will come back for me right?

 

Just then, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my shoulders. I turned to see that it’s Kyu. The fans screamed even louder and they surrounded us even more.

 

Kyu smiled and said loudly at the fans “Are you trying to kidnap my Kyusitter? He is mine!” The fans took it as a joke and laughed but to me, it’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard. Kyu waved at the fans once more and stood behind me to wrap me in his arms to me out of the crowd. His warmth gave me much comfort and assurance.

 

Very soon, the security guards found us and broke the crowd away from us. When we had more space, Kyu shifted his hands to intertwine my fingers with his and pulled me out to the carpark where the hyungs were waiting in the van.

 

We entered the van, still hand in hand but we released our hands as soon as we sat down.

 

“Yah, Ryeowook ah, are you okay? We were so worried that we couldn’t find you. This evil maknae rushed down to find you. Seems like he is useful sometimes.” Kangin said.

 

“Hyung!” Kyu shouted and the other members laughed. I smiled sweetly at Kyu and leaned on his shoulder. We played with each other’s hands throughout the way to the hotel and I’m so glad that we are roommates for this trip.

 

Kyu held my luggage for me and as we were about to enter the room…

 

“Ryeowook ah, can I see you for a minute?” Manager Hyung, Ji Kwon called me. My face darkened at the moment I heard his voice. “Kyu ah, I will be right back.” I smiled at Kyu and left, following Ji Kwon.

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

That was a false smile. Ryeowook can never hide anything from me. It must be something to do with Ji Kwon hyung. I followed them quietly from the back and they entered the emergency staircase. I opened the door a little to eavesdrop.

 

“What did you promise me?” Ji Kwon asked.

 

“Hyung, it’s too difficult. I tried but…”

 

“This is asia! Do you think the society will accept your relationship with Kyuhyun?” Wookie did not speak.

 

Ji kwon continued, “The 2 of you are getting too obvious. First, there’s Kyuwook fans that take pictures of the 2 of you being intimate. Then, you 2 act all lovey dovey like during SJ-M activities and look at what you did at the airport just now! Eunhae can afford to do all those because they are straight.”

 

Wookie needs me now, I pushed the door open wide and both of them were shocked to see me.

 

“Kyu…” Wookie called with watery eyes. I walked towards him to hug him tightly.

 

“So this is why you avoided me for one month. Because of what this bastard said?” I asked wookie and he nodded slowly. I turned my attention to Ji Kwon who was taken aback by my death stare.

 

“If you are against our relationship, go ahead. Let’s see who will win!” I gave my famous evil smirk and pulled Wookie out of the way. I dragged him into our room and closed the door.

 

I sighed and looked at my lover with loving eyes. “It must have been hard on you. Pabo… I wouldn’t have let you suffer alone.”

 

“Kyu ah, what is wrong with loving you? Because you are a man?” He asked.

 

“Pabo, there’s nothing wrong. Nothing wrong at all…” I carried him up bridal style and laid him on bed. He moved aside to provide space for me and gladly, I climbed beside him, cuddling him to sleep.

 

Ryeowook’s POV

 

Today is the press conference for the SFS performance tonight and I have been avoiding looking at Ji Kwon since I know that he must be fuming mad at me right now.

 

I saw Kyu talking to Kangin, Yesung and Eunhyuk hyung at the corner of the dressing room. I wanted to listen too but they looked so serious.

 

I went on to apply my make up at the dressing table. When all of us are ready, Kyu came to me to hug me right away. I was surprised, the other members were looking at us. “Kyu, the hyungs are here. Why are you…”

 

“Hush… Sarang hae.” He whispered into my ears.

 

“Let’s go.” Eunhyuk ordered us and we followed his lead into the hall where many reporters were already present.

 

We got seated and I’m beside Kyu at the middle of the panel. Kyu held my hands under the table which made me blush.

 

“I’m a reporter from apple magazine, I have a question..” a reporter started but suddenly, Kyu spoke.

 

“I’m so sorry that the agenda for today’s press conference has been changed. I have something to announce.” The reporters gave a blank look upon hearing that. So did I.

 

Kyu cleared his throat and looked at me. I tilted my head in confusion, unable to guess what he would say.

 

“I, Cho Kyuhyun, would like to make a confession. I love Kim Ryeowook! Not as a fellow member, but as a lover” He lifted our intertwined hands under the table for the reporters to see and camera flashes flashed endlessly.

 

“Kyu ah! What did you just…” before I could complete my sentence, Kyu pulled me towards him at the waist and planted a kiss on my lips. He smirked when our eyes met.

 

He turned to the reporters and said “I believe that nothing is wrong when It comes to love. Kim Ryeowook, my soul mate, my lover has suffered a lot because of my love for him. It wouldn’t be love if I am hiding our relationship from the world. With the support of our hyungs, I have decided to come out of the closet.”

 

Support from hyungs? I looked left and right at the members who were nodding at me. So that was why Kyu was talking to them for so long before this.

 

“How long have the 2 of you been in this relationship?” A reporter asked.

 

“3 years. It took me a long time to realize and accept that I love this silly boy here. And it took me an even longer time to win his heart.” The reporters laughed. I blushed and slowly sat back down.

 

“What do you hope to achieve by coming out of the closet?” Another reporter asked.

 

“I know that my actions today will have great impact. Many people will not support us but I want to be responsible for my own love. I want to love like everyone else.” Kyu squeezed my hand tighter and I smiled at him.

 

The conference was cut short by the managers since they did not know that Kyu would do such a thing.

 

I hugged Kyu from the back as we were walking back into the dressing room. The hyungs that saw us covered their eyes and ran past us. We are in our little world now, ignoring everything around us.

 

“Kyu ah, I love you. Thank you…”

 

“I love you.” He replied.

 

“What do you think would happen to us?”

 

“I’m not sure but one thing for sure, Kyuwook fans would love us.”

 

Wookie laughed. “Even if the whole world objects us, I won’t let you go ever again.” Wookie finally said this, an assurance I needed.

 

I kissed him hungrily and he responded readily to me.

 

I broke the kiss for a moment and said “Be prepared for a sleepless night!”


Happy KYUWOOK Day!!

I'm sure this story is every Kyuwook Shippers' dream!

 

By Butterfry90