Glimpse

Just Another Story (hiatus)

 

Monday is very much stressing for Psylee. She has 2 examinations for the day and they are both major subjects. The only consolation she has is that she got to go home early and sleep before reviewing again for the other 6 subjects. Good thing she already done reviewing for History so she only have to review 5 more.

She was done with her first exam. She is on her way to the university cafeteria to have a snack and to meet Chansung. She texted him last night to tell him to meet today so he can return her notebook . Their examination in History is scheduled on Wednesday so they are not supposed to meet today.

She felt her phone vibrated, Chansung sent her a text message.

Chansung: hello!Where are you now noona? ^__^v

She smiled while reading the text. She typed a reply.

Psylee- noona: Hey, on my way to the cafeteria, how about you?

Chansung: Not yet there noona! Wait for me ok? Be there in a sec! ^_^v

Psylee-noona: Ok, take your time. I’m gonna buy food anyways.. I’m starving.

The University cafeteria is not as crowded because of the examinations. Almost of the student population is not even in the campus right now. Psylee went straight to the counter and order herself a sandwich and a coke. She was about to pay her order when somewhat beat her to it. It was Chansung.

“Noona! I’ll pay for your food as a sorry for being late and for not returning your note sooner.” He said while smiling. She smiled and say thank you. She is too starving to protest. Chansung ordered another coke before taking her tray and guiding her to a vacant seat.

They sat opposite each other. Psylee immediately ate her sandwich when they sat. Chansung chuckled at this. As he take something out from his bag. It was 2 lunch boxes.

“What’s so funny?” Psylee asked.

“Most girls would pretend not to be hungry when with a guy.” He said while opening the lunchboxes and giving her one.

“My mom prepared this for us. I told her about your notebook and she said I should say sorry and give this to you as a thank you.” He said.

“But you already paid for my snack.” She said. “Still, you have to eat that or I’ll be sad.” He said then pouted. “My mom will be sad too because you didn’t eat what she prepared.” He continued.

Psylee swallowed the last bite on her sandwich then smiled at Chansung.

“Ok, since I’m still hungry, I’ll eat it too. Haaay, these exams are making me really hungry.” She said. She took the chopsticks that Chansung offered then started eating. The lunchbox contains fried rice, tempura and vegetable omelet. “This is really good Chan- chan.” She said then continued eating. Chansung chuckled again then stood up from his seat and went to the counter. She thought he was just going to buy something so she continued eating. When Chansung came back, he gave her a spoon and a fork. She looked at the spoon and fork before looking at Chansung questioningly.

He smiled. “I noticed that you are still not used in using chopsticks. You can barely eat the rice.” he answered her silent question.

She smile and thank him again. They continued talking while eating. They’re making jokes and laughing because of its lameness. Chansung already returned her notebook. They are talking about random stuff. They already finished eating when the Chansung’s friends, the 2pm approach them.

“Hey maknae! You didn’t tell us you are going to have a date. We’ve been looking for you.”  Taecyeon said with a smile. He sat on the seat next to Psylee then stared at her like it’s his first time seeing her.

“So that’s why you suddenly disappeared on us.” Woo Young said. Sitting down on Chansung’s right.

Chansung blushed at his hyung’s comment. “Aish! Hyung! I told you last night that I’m going to return noona’s notebook to her.” He said.

Nichkhun sat on the empty chair on Chansung’s left. Not saying anything. His face is unreadable and he is just staring at Psylee and listening to the conversation.

“Oh! Who brought these lunchboxes?” Junho asked and sat on Psylee’s right. Chansung’s blushed deepened but did not say anything.

The guy named Junsu didn’t said anything too. He just pulled an empty chair from the other table and sat in between Taecyeon and Woo Young.

Psylee find the group’s behavior amusing. Chansung is blushing like a tomato while his hyungs keep on asking him questions about her, like as if she wasn’t there. She bit her lower lip trying not to laugh. This scene reminds her alot of her girls. In a split second she felt lonely and alone.

“Stop it guys. Psylee-shi is still here. Your making her feel awkward.” Nichkhun told them. They immediately stop and looked at her. She froze at the sudden switch of attention. Then she smiled timidly. She doesn’t know what to say to them without making a fool out of herself. She was saved by the sudden vibration of her phone on her pocket. She put it into alarm, 20 minutes before her next exam so she could ready and relax herself a little bit.

The boys are just looking at her. Watching her every move.

“Sorry guys. I have to go. I still have an exam.” She said while collecting her things on the table.
“Chansung, thank you for the treat. And tell your mom her cooking is really delicious. Bye.” She said while smiling awkwardly. She bowed to them before walking quickly towards the door.

The boys are left there staring at door.  “So..” Woo Young started. “Your mom cooked lunch for both of you?” Taecyeon ask. Chansung nodded. “It was as a sorry and thank you gift to her, I promise!” He said, slightly turning to Nichkhun. Nichkhun didn’t say anything just stared at the maknae blankly.

“I knew you like her.” Woo Young said.
“No hyung! She is just my noona!” Chansung said defensively.
“Why are you so defensive huh?” Junho interjected.
“No I’m not! I’m just telling the truth!” The maknae is now close to hysteria.
At the other side of the table. Junsu just shake his head. How can these three fools not noticing that they are hurting someone by all these questioning? He said while glancing at Nichkhun who looked like he was in daze. Junsu shake his head again.

“Do you have her number?” Woo Young suddenly asked.
Chansung glance at Nichkhun before answering.
“Yes hyung, why?” he ask back.
Woo Young grinned. “Give it to me! I’ll ask her to come on Saturday. On our joint Birthday party. Is it ok Khun?” Woo Young  turned to Nichkhun. But the boy didn’t answer.

“Khun!” Woo Young called his name a little bit louder this time, making Nichkhun break his daze-like state.
 

“I asked you if we could ask Psylee and her friends on our joint party on Saturday.” He asked again.
“Yeah, sure.” He said. Feeling a little bit embarrassed for his spacing out.

“Dude, what’s wrong with you? I’ll text her now!” Woo Young said excitedly. Fishing his phone and typing a message to Psylee.

While Nichkhun on the other hand turned into a stone again. The same phrase repeating on his mind over and over..
‘I’LL TEXT HER… I’LL TEXT HER...I’LL TEXT HER…TEXT HER… TEXT HER…’

They got her freakin’ number?!

Nichkhun’s face turned pale from mixed emotions that even he cannot distinguish.

Junsu who was watching Nichkhun’s face suddenly burst out laughing..

 

~~~~~A/n~~~~

Dear friends who bothers to read this story..Sorry  if I am disappointing you..

There, we had a little peek on Nichkhun’s mind.

I didn’t not make it a whole chapter ‘coz I still want him to be a little bit mysterious.. or.. Whatever. LOL..

Let’s just see what happens next ‘kay?^__^v

‘till next time!

xoxo

AR