Long night

Just Another Story (hiatus)

 

“Wow, it will be nice to have a house like that” Psylee said before sliding down the car.

Eli gave her a smirk. “If you marry Nichkhun, you might leave in this house.” Psylee gave him a ‘shut-up’ glare. Eli just laughs at her.

The noticed all the cars lined up on the drive way. “I think they are all here. It seems more like a party than a study group.” Eli said.

They both sigh

“Here goes nothing” she said.

This is going to be a long night

 

Chapter 5

Long night

 

Before they could press the doorbell, the gate open and reveal the smiling Nichkhun.

“I thought you’re not gonna make it. Come in.” He led them inside the house. The whole 2pm is already there, Yoo Jin and 2 other girls from their class.

“Make yourselves comfortable. My mom prepared dinner for us. It will be served in a few.” Nichkhun told them before disappearing into what they think is the kitchen.

2pm greeted both Psylee and Eli while the other three girls just looked at them.

They both took a seat an empty sofa. Chansung joined them. “Did you guys bring your notes? I forgot mine in my locker at school. Can I please borrow yours for a while? Please? I don’t want to fail noona.” Chansung beg.

Psylee laugh, she finds Chansung’s puppy eyes so cute and irresistible. “Ok Chan- chan, you don’t have to beg me.” She took a black notebook from her bag and gave it to Chansung.

“Here you go. You really are serious about this aren’t you?” she said with a smile.
“No, he just wants to show his aegyo to you.” WooYoung said. Everybody laughed.

“So both of you are in nickname basis now?” WooYoung asked. Chansung and Psylee just shrugged.

Psylee didn’t notice that everybody in the room is listening to them, including Nichkhun.

“Dinner is ready; let’s go to the dining room.” He said before turning back. Eli didn’t fail to notice his dark expression, so is his group mates.

The dinner went well. Chansung and Taecyeon were fighting over food, Wooyoung trying to appease them, Junsu and Junho minding their own business. Nichkhun is silently eating his food acting like as if he is in deep thoughts not noticing Yoo Jin who is trying very hard to get his attention. Mrs. Horvejkul is nice; she asks them random questions about their families, school and sometimes about themselves. Eli and Psylee are the ones who are interested in answering her questions.

After eating, Nichkhun led them to their library/study room. It was almost as big as the school library.

There where couches that formed a circle around a table in the center of the room that looks like it was placed there just for this occasion.

Psylee and Eli looked at each other. Both amazed that this group is actually serious about studying. They thought that this is just a way to hang- out and just do nothing. Psylee actually felt relieved.

They settled at the couches then start bringing out their books and notebooks. Psylee sat on the far end of one of the couch, Eli on the carpeted floor next to her feet. Chansung sat on the couch next to where she was seating. Nichkhun sat on the couch directly in front of her.

They started reviewing some of the topics that the other groups have presented. They asked questions regarding the things that they didn’t understand and discusses some topics that they missed. They were actually having fun.

“Wow noona. Your notes are very precise.” Chansung complimented Psylee. He is scanning her notebook. WooYoung looked over Chansung’s shoulder. “It is very well written too. You have a nice penmanship.” He said agreed.

Psylee heard Yoo Jin snickered. “It’s probably the only thing she does well.” She said. The other girls, which she forgot the names, laughed with her. Psylee just smiled a little and continue reading a book. She felt Eli nudge her leg a little. She looked at him then he gave her a ‘don’t-mind-them-they’re-es’ look. She smiled at him. They both didn’t realize that people around them saw their little ‘eye conversation’.

An hour and a half after the started studying they heard a knock on the door. It was Nichkhun’s mom with some maids bringing them snacks.

“Here kids. Have some snacks first before you continue studying.” She said lovingly.

“Kamsahamnida!” they all said getting a glass of coke from the table. They just realize how thirsty they were.

Mrs. Horvejkul watched them with a smile on her face.

“You know, I’m so happy that you kids decided to do a study group here. It’s been a while since we last had young guests here. Except you boys of course.” She said to 2pm.

“This is the first time I see these boys study this hard.” She added with a little laugh.

“Mom!” Nichkhun exclaimed with a blush tainting his fair face. Obviously embarrassed about his mother’s little revelation.

“What?” she asked “I’m just so happy that you are finally growing-up.”  She said still smiling.

The rest of them laughed, enjoying the mother and son conversation.

“Well, I’ll leave you now young people, study hard ok? Call the maids if you need anything. I’ve already prepared your rooms. Nichkhun son, take care of your friends. I’m going to bed now.” She said informed them.

“Kamsahamnida Mrs. Horvejkul. Good night.” They all said.

“Good night!” she waved at them before going out of the room with the maids.

“Your mom is so cool oppa!” Yoo Jin told Nichkhun while smiling. Nichkhun just smiled at her which, Psylee is sure, that made the other girl’s heart flatter ‘coz she giggled.

Psylee just shakes her head then continued reading.