THEM

Just Another Story (hiatus)

Psylee’s POV

June..

It’s Monday, start of the class. It is my 3rd semester here in this university.

So far, I am enjoying myself, I found new friends, well, not as close as my girls but, hey atleast I got to hang- out with them sometimes.

I’ve already got my class schedule last night from the school website so I don’t have to worry about that anymore.

Good thing this school is actually techie.

My first class for today is History, I love history. I don’t really know why. Learning about the past always fascinates me.

I arrived in my designated classroom. It is still early so there are not much students inside yet.

Some of the students are wearing casual clothes not unlike the other’s including me who wears white slacks and blouse, which led me to conclusion that some of the students here are not from the same course as me.

I looked around the room trying to find a good seat when my eyes landed on him.

Nichkhun..

He was my school mate at Seoul High. He is one of the most popular guys in the campus back then, well, I guess till now.

He is a second year too, taking-up business management. They don’t really have uniforms so they just wear what they want.

He is gorgeous as usual. He is surrounded by his group of friends. They are seating at the very back of the room.

I am surprise to see them here. I know history is part of the curriculum, but I didn’t think that they would get this class.

It’s kind of weird to see them studying history. Let’s just say that he and his friends are not the type to study ancient things. They looked oh so modern and hot and.. Typical kingkas.

Someone tap me from the back cutting my train of thoughts. It was Eli, one of my new friends.

“Hey Lee” he said with a smile, he is kind of cute.

“Hey, glad to see you here Eli, you sure you’re not lost?” I said teasingly.

“I have to take this class; it is one of the required subjects you know. Even if I don’t want to, I have no choice.

I just hope I get out of this room alive.” He said with an exaggerated sigh.

“Don’t worry Eli, you won’t fall asleep during this class, I heard that the professor is so scary you might not even dare to breathe.” I smiled at him and went to seat on the left side of the aisle third row near the center.

Eli sat next to me and started to play with his phone.
“Where are the others?” I asked him. I am talking about our two other friends.

 “They already took this class last year so I’m the only one suffering here.” I nodded and decided not to ask any further.

I met Eli and his friends Kevin and Shindong last year on my first semester.

I was looking for a place to spend my lunch break; I went at the back of the Arts and Sciences building.

I saw a small hill with a big tree on top.  There are no students hanging around that area. It has a nice view so I decided to stay there for the rest of my break.

I sat on the grass under the tree. I looked around and I was fascinated by the view.

From where I sat, I still can see the back of the AS building. I can also see the university pool from here. It was breath taking so I took my sketchbook and started to draw the view.

I was half way through my sketch when the 3 of them approached me and started making conversations.

At first I was a little freaked out, I thought they are some kind of s but after a while I started to relaxed.

They told me that that place is actually their hang-out, but they said that they can share it with me since they think that I am nice, and they liked my drawing, and that they think that I have nowhere else to go, or they are just in the mood to share.

We started hanging-out since then. We meet 2-3 times a week, depending on our schedules.

After a few minutes the professor entered the classroom. Everyone stopped talking at once.

“Good morning Class, My name is Park JinYoung. I am your History professor for this whole semester.” Mr. Park is a tall, well dressed middle aged man with an aura of a military officer. Yeah, I guess the rumors maybe true, he is quite scary.

“Since this is our first meeting, we will not be having a lecture.” He said. There are collective sigh around the room.

“I can see that this is a mixed class.” Prof. Park observed.

“Let’s start by introducing yourselves one by one. Tell us you name, age, course and hobbies if you like.” He instructed, still not smiling.

He seems like a military commander giving his subordinates instructions.


“Let’s start at the back.” He said. “You there, start” He pointed one of Nichkhun’s friends.

The guy who looked like Rain stood-up and smiled cutely.


“Hi everyone! I’m Lee Junho. 18 years old. I’m second year business management student.” He simply said. He bowed a little and smiled shyly before sitting down. Some of the girls giggled because of his cuteness.

Another guy stood-up and introduced himself.

“I’m Kim Junsu, I’m also 18 same as Junho.” He just said them sitting down.

That one doesn’t look very friendly. Psylee thought. But girls still giggled.

“Hello!!I’m Chansung! I just turned 17 last February but I’m already second year student! I started going to school earlier that’s why. I love to eat and play computer games. I love bananas and…”

“Ok that’s enough Chansung-shi. Next!” Prof. Park cut Chansung’s introduction which earned pout from the younger boy and laugh from the other students including Psylee.

Everybody kept quite when it was Nichkhun’s turn to introduce himself. I held my breath.

“Hi. My name is Nichkhun Horvejkul. I will turn 18 this month. I am also second year student from business management. I hope we could be friend. Thank you!” he smiled then bowed before sitting down.

Some girls clapped their hand, some just giggled. Eli raised one of his eyebrows because of the students’ reaction. They looked like they just seen a movie star.

I just stayed silent; pretending that I don’t give a damn but the truth is my heart is having a double time inside my chest. I am trying to psych myself to breathe normally so Eli won’t notice and tease me.

The guy with very cute cheeks is next. I tried to listen to him.

“Woo Young here. Also turning 18 this month. Pleased to meet you.” He said then smiled a little.

“I’m Ok Taecyeon. I’m already 18 years old. Nice to meet you!” He smiles his toothy grin before sitting down.

The introduction continued like a blur until it reached me and Eli’s turn.

I stood-up and smiled a little.

“I’m Kim Psylee, 17. Second year Pre-med. Nice to meet you.” I said softly then sat quickly.

“Hey, I’m Kim Eli. If you’re wondering, I’m not blood related to Psy here. I’m 19. I’m 3rd year now but I have irregular classes so..hope to have fun with you guys.” He said with a smile and gave some girls a wink which earned him giggles from the girl students. I just smiled and shake my head. I don’t blame the girls though. Eli is good looking too..  Just like Nichkhun

When the long introductions finally ended, Prof Park stood from his desk then resume talking.

“Now that the introductions are over, I will group you into 6, and then I will give each group a topic. You have to research about those topics and present a group presentation. I’ve already decided your groups. When you hear your name, stand-up.”

Mr. Park started to call the names of students for the first group. When he was done, the new formed group sat together at the front, right side of the aisle. When they are all seated, Mr. Park started to call the name of students who will form the second group.

“Horvejkul Nichkhun, Hwang Chansung, Im Yoo Jin, Jang Woo Young, Kim Eli and Kim Psylee” I was shocked to hear that I am at the same group as Nichkhun. I got nervous just be hearing his name!

I looked at him as he and two of his friends sat next to me and Eli. He sat beside Eli while his two friends sat on his right.

“Hi, I’m Nichkhun and these are my friends, Chansung and Woo Young. I hope we work well with each other” he said and he flash me his million dollar smile..

OH MY GOD!! Did I say.. I LOVE HISTORY???!!!^_^v

 

 

Hope you not bored… I have no idea how Korean education is so I used Philippines’ educational system. It’s like this:

June to October – First Semester

November to March – Second Semester

The name of the school and other stuff from this fic is purely a product of my crazy imagination.. it was all made up..^^,v

I started writing this fic last summer, before I found out that Junsu changed his name, so I’m not changing it anymore. Thank you! Comments?

xoxo

AR