Intoducing Me

Just Another Story (hiatus)

A short (a little boring) chapter..^_^

 

I’m just an simple/ordinary girl, that’s what it hurts the most..I am ordinary, unlike him. He is an extra ordinary guy. Everyone wants to be with him, admire him, gosh, I’m falling way too deep. Me and him can never be. Damn I know that!

Ow, before I tell you my story let me introduce myself.

Hi, I’m Kim Psylee,(read as SAYLEE) 17 years old, turning 18 in a few months, from Gwanju University. I am a 2nd year, taking- up pre-med. Well, as I just said from the start, I am ordinary. I am pretty smart; if you ask my professors and I have a talent in painting too. Too bad I can’t pursue arts. But all of this means nothing for me to be popular or what so ever, my peers back in high school thinks that I am a nerd. Well, I can’t really blame them, I mean. I look like a nerd. I wear glasses, I don’t really need them but I’m kind of use to wearing it, and I am not found of wearing fashionable clothes. I am not exactly a girly type either. But hey, I’m not so clumsy and pitiful like the women in those cliché dramas you see on TV, well maybe just a little. I don’t have a lot of friend in school. I am awkward around people because they laugh at my accent. You see, I am half Korean, half Pilipino. I grew-up in the Philippines, when I was 12 my family migrated in the US and 4 years later we decided (or my father decided) that it is time to go back to my other homeland, Korea. It was not easy to leave my friends whom I loved, change school and be the new girl all over again.

I know how to speak Korean but, not that good. When I first enter high school in Seoul High, everybody stared at me like I am some kind of a freak. Girls look at me like they saw something that disgusts them. I am friendly but being someone that different from the rest makes you think low of yourself. I tried to befriend them but they always, I mean always make fun of me. Like I am not worthy of being friends with anyone.

That’s when I started to make myself invisible. I felt like I left my confidence back in US. I avoided crowd. I keep mostly by myself. For a year I had no friends in my new school so I was more than happy to leave high school life behind.

I am not totally friendless. I kept contact with my friends from US. And I am more than glad that they are still my friends even if we don’t see each other for 2 freakin’ years. They are Koreans too. We met in a playground near our apartment in ia. Who do you think they are? I’ll tell you.

There are 5 of us in the group. Our oldest is Bom, 19; she is the fashion guru of the group. She chooses our clothes and drag us to different malls every chance she gets. You won’t catch her without her make-up on. So you can say I wear fashionable clothes too when I was still in the US.

Then there’s Sandara, also 19. She is just half a year younger than Bom, a little childish if I may say so but you can say that she is the joker in our group. She brings life to a party. With her, there is no dull moment.

Then there is also Chaerin or Chae, as I liked to call her. She prefers to be called CL though. Tough girl with an overflowing charisma. Seriously, I wish she rubbed some to me too. LOL. She just turned 17. She is the “father” of our group, maybe because she always makes sure that we do the right things always. She reminds us what to do, not to be late, sleep early, study hard, not to take boys too seriously, etc. etc. Well, we love her that way.

 The baby in the group is Minzy, 16. She is innocent (because we keep her that way) you can say that we are over protective of her because she is the youngest. She is a dance machine *smiles proudly^__^*.

As for me, they say I am the “mother” of our group. I cook food for them and I am the one that takes care of their health and the one that calms Chae whenever she gets mad...hahaha... I missed my friends…

Being alone in my last year in high school makes me feel so unloved..I didn’t even go to the graduation party even when I’m one of the honor students.

Good thing I found friends when I entered college…We don’t hang-out most of the time but hey, atleast I’m not alone all the time. You’ll know about them later on..^_^

Haaaaayyy.. I still miss my girls...If only I can ask my parents to let me go back to US.. Or for my friends to come and study here in Korea too…