Introducing Cupcake!

I Don't Even Know...

Work, work and even more work!

School's a pain but I need to go... The works just to much!

^O^ Anyway, here's a chapter, my loves!

 

Adding another member to the family isn't so hard, right? Whether it be human or... cat?

~*~*~*~*~

Kris wasn't entirely sure what Suho and Lay were thinking when they brought home that stray cat. Telling him that they thought it would be the perfect opportunity for the kids to learn a 'sense of responsibility'. Of course, Kris being Kris, begs to differ. The four children could barely tie their shoes or get dressed by themselves, so what gave Suho the crazy idea that they could take care of a kitten? It was obvious Suho and Lay didn't think of the aftermath if something went wrong.

"What gave you the bright idea to bring this ball of fur home with you?" Kris asked as he held the little calico kitten in his hands. The thing was so tiny that Kris could have nearly held it in one hand.

Suho shrugged his while plucking the kitten out of the taller man's hands and cuddling it to his chest. "The little thing was just to cute and I couldn't just leave it on the side of the road. What if the poor thing walked into the street walked out into the street and got hit by a car? I would've felt absolutely horrible if that happened."

Lay, who had been seated on the couch, was now by Suho's side and clinging to his arm. His face nuzzling against the older male's shoulder. "I'm cuter though, right?"

"Of course, baby," Suho pressed a kiss to his forehead before turning back to Kris, "We can always take it to the shelter if you don't think they can handle it, but we should probably make a decision before-" He was cut off when they heard the front door opening and the sound of small feet pounding against the floor. "The kids get home..."

Just like clock work, four little children burst into the room and there was a collective squeal. "Kitten!"

The four kids fell upon Suho, grabbing at his legs and tugging insistently on his pants and telling him to let them see the kitten. Suho smiled down at them. "Alright, I'll let you see her but you need to sit down so I know you won't drop her, okay?"

They all nodded enthusiastically before plopping themselves down on the rug beside the coffee table. Kris seated himself on the couch in front of them, his arms crossed as he looked at them with hawk eyes. "Remember to be careful. She's just a baby."

Suho knelt down and set the little thing in the middle, watching it wobble around on unsteady feet. It walked around, sometimes nudging at the children's legs who giggled and falling over when it became to much of an effort to stay on her feet. Tao reached a hand out and the kitten's back before looking up at Kris with big eyes. "Can we keep it, ge? Can we?"

"I don't think that's such a good-" Kris froze in his spot when he saw the teary eyed look Tao was giving him. "Idea is what Suho said, but I told him that it's best to give you guys something so you could learn some sense of responsibility. Even at such a young age."

The tall Chinese male tried to ignore the death glare Suho was shooting him when Tao launched himself at Kris and repeated 'thank you' over and over again. "Does that mean we get to name it too?"

"Sure does, baby panda." Kris answered as Tao slid off his lap and plopped himself back down beside Sehun. "Any ideas?"

"Belle!" Kai answered.

"Cheri!" Chen murmurred.

"CUPCAKE!" Tao and Sehun cried out together. They turned to look at each other before giggling and clutching at each other's hands. "Yay, cupcake!"

Kris massaged his temples. "Okay, let's take a vote. Who likes the name Belle?" Kai raised his hand. "Cheri?" Nothing... "Chen, are you going to vote?" The little troll nodded his head. "You're not voting for Cheri then?" A shake of the head. "Okay... How about Cupcake?" Three hands shot up. "Looks like we have a winner. Cupcake it is."

The three who one the vote cheered while Kai sulked behind them. "Okay boys," Kyungsoo walked into the room with his hands on his hips, "I know you're excited to get the kitten but you need to go get cleaned up, lunch is waiting." Kyungsoo put his hands underneath Kai's arms and hauled him to his feet. Followed by Tao and Sehun, Chen got the message and stood up on his own. The owl eyed man gave them a few gentle taps to get them in gear and watched them hurry out of the living room. He then glanced back at the kitten curled up on the floor, "Kris, Suho, go give that thing a bath when the boys are eating. I don't want it around the kids being so filthy."

"Will do!" Suho answered while Kris just shrugged.

"Lay, go help the boys, please?"

"Okay~" The unicorn nodded and pratically skipped out of the room.

Kyungsoo tapped his finger to his chin in thought. "You better watch that thing. I can only imagine what the others are going to say when they find out."

~*~*~*~*~

 

And like usual, things spread like wildfire among the twelve of them. Nothing can ever stay secret, no matter how hard one may try. Within thirty minutes, in which some people weren't even home yet, everyone had found out. The first thing Kris remembers was getting a text from Baekhyun saying 'Since when did we get a cat!?' followed by Chanyeol's 'When did we get a kitty? Is it as cute as my Baekkie?'.

The only reaction Kris hadn't been expecting was Luhan's. The male had freaked out, nearly jumping ten feet in the air and has been doing the his best to avoid the kitten.

"Why are you scared of a kitten? It's not like it can hurt you."

"It get bigger!" Was Luhan's defense.

"So?" Kris pushed the question as he sipped his coke, watching from the kitchen as the kids played around with the kitten in the main room. Tao kept trying to pet it but Sehun and Chen would always distract it by waving one of the toys Xiumin had bought in her face. Kai sat beside Tao occasionally throwing out a treat when the kitten glanced up at him.

Luhan huffed. "It will bite too! I don't think its a good idea to leave it with the children like you guys do."

"It's a cat. A lot of people have cats. I've never heard of anyone getting seriously injured or worse by a cat. And the kids are perfectly fine to be alone with it." Kris said finishing his coke and tossing the can into the trashcan across the room.

"But what about the people you see in those rare reports that get attacked by those giant striped cat things!" Luhan exclaimed.

"You mean a tiger?"

"Yea!"

"..."

"What?" Luhan looked confused when Kris just stared at him without a word. "Did I say something?"

"You do know that tigers aren't common house pets, right?"

Luhan looked at him like he had heard something that didn't make any sense. "They aren't?"

Kris shook his head. "No... Who told you they were?"

"Chanyeol and Baekhyun..."

Kris facepalmed. "And you believed them?"

Luhan nodded. "They even showed me videos! They told me that cat," He pointed toward the little calico, "Would become as big as a tiger! And I thought if that happened the kids could get hurt..."

Placing a hand on the human deer's shoulder, the dragon shook his head. "I can assure you that Cupcake won't get to be that big. Honestly she may end up being smaller than an average housecat."

Luhan looked reassured. "Okay, I'll keeping you to your word!" Before turning to leave the room he asked, "Why did they name it Cupcake...?"

"Let kids be kids and don't pry into their little minds." Is all Kris said and Luhan left the room trying to figure out what he meant.

~*~*~*~*~

 

All things that go smoothly, usually come to an end at sometime, right?

~*~*~*~*~

 

The first report of any trouble came from Baekhyun who had stormed up to Kris, complaining that a certain feline foe had knocked his eyeliner into the toilet and therefore ruined it. Of course Kris being Kris just looked at him and asked for proof.

"It had to be him! Never once has this happened! And then Suho and that forgetful unicorn bring home that little flee bag and things end up ruined?" Kris could tell the diva was fuming and couldn't help but smirk.

"If I remember correctly, you were awfully excited when you learned about Cupcake." Kris pointed, smiling smugly when he saw the look on Baekhyun's face.

"That's before I found out it was going to start ruining my stuff!"

Kris crossed his arms and leaned back against the doorframe to the bathroom. "Are you sure it was the cat?"

"Yes!"

"Absolutely sure?"

"YES! Now what are you going to do about it!?"

Kris shrugged turning to leave. "Nothing."

Baekhyun gaped at the dragon's retreating back. "Nothing...!?"

"Nope, because I know it wasn't the cat. First reason is because the thing couldn't make it up the stairs by itself let alone ontop of the bathroom sink. Second is that Chanyeol told me earlier that he did something bad and told me he could possibly end up dissappearing if you found out."

Baekhyun looked a bit guilty in learning the truth. "So my stupid giant did it?"

"Yep."

"He's done for..."

~*~*~*~*~

 

These little accidents occured off and on and Kris was left to deal with cleaning up the aftermath and clearing the kitten's name of all blame. (In part do to the puppy eyes that both Tao and now Sehun would give him when someone would come complaining and demanding the immediate removal of the cat).

What surprised Kris the most was that the kids were taking responsibility. They fed, watered and even cleaned up after the thing which left Kris feeling slightly proud at seeing it and a tad bit guilty for doubting them. That afternoon when he walked into the living room he noticed Cupcake asleep in her cat bed and the four kids seated on the couch watching cartoons.

"Hey," Kris said taking the seat in the empty space next to Tao, "What are you guys doing?"

"Watchin' tv!" Tao smiled up at him before turning his attention back to the screen.

After watching them a little longer he let out a laugh and threw his arm on the back of the couch. "I'm proud of you guys."

~*~*~*~*~

 A/N: My beautiful readers <3 How are you? I hope you're all well! :D Thank you to everyone who reads this story <3 Please continue subscribing and dropping comments <3 They are greatly appreciated! Well... I'm going to go write more for other stories, Bye, bye!

~Chibi-Idol <3