Chapter 03. Back On Our Feet

|| Changing Destiny ♥Seeds Of Eden♥ || SMent. New Girl Group

The girls arrived at the SM Building, climbing out of the vans, Ariana couldn't wait to tell the others what idea they had planned.

The girls whispered to each other that instead of holding such comebacks that had no meaning behind them, it was time to shine with a story behind every language spoken by the girls.

Na Rae shook her head in disagreement, as well as Miyeon, Haye and Yoo Jung, but the others agreed to take a chance into this plan.

Yoo Jung: You guys.. we're idols.. not producers.. We can't do this..
Na Rae: Yooji is right, we aren't capable of doing such things..
Ariana: Just watch us.. Trust me on this, girls..
The girls turned to Ariana.
Ariana: Once the fans or soon-to-be-fans hear that we wrote our own songs AND that it was a hit.. Our fanbase will STORM and we'll finally achieve the dream that all eleven of us have always dreamed of having.
Miyeon: What makes you so sure that it'll be a hit..??
Now all eyes were on Ariana, they were all concerned about this question, because it would determine everything in SOE.
Ariana closed her eyes and suddenly began to hum.
Then she opened Soo Mi's notebook to a poem called “Changing Destiny”.
She took a deep breath and suddenly began to sing the lines to a random tune.

Ariana (singing): ♫ A wilted flower means nothing, it can't turn into something, so grow to believe in the hands of fate. Even if a star can be gold, doesn't mean it won't grow old. Eleven flowers have wilted but we are here to change destiny. Changing destiny. Changing destiny. This is why we are here. This is why we are here~ Changing destiny ♫

Charlotte: Oh my gosh.. For one of the dancers in the group, you sure can sing.. That sounded beautiful..
Haye: Okay.. I change my mind..
Seul Gi: That was so beautiful.. I think we should just hurry it up and make this poem into a song.
Miyeon: It was.. actually alright..
Yoo Jung: I still don't think it's a good idea.. It's a more BALLAD song.. it doesn't scream COMEBACK to me..
Na Rae: Seriously.. We need something more like.. Gee or Oh!.. This just won't make the cut..
Soo Mi: I thought it was beautiful...
Everyone turned to Soo Mi who had wrote the song.
Se Kyung: In all honesty.. It would make a beautiful and elegant comeback in my opinion.. It is proven with Soo Mi, the writer, who actually thinks her own art was beautifully performed by another...
Seul Gi: That's actually really true..
It was dead silent, then suddenly..

Na Rae: Ohh.. ALRIGHT.. Let's give it a shot.. But how are we going to get President Kim to approve..???
Ariana: Easy.. Remember trainee days.. When they made us come up with our own things to show them at showcases..
Miyeon: Ariana, you're a genius!
Ariana: I wasn't even--
Haye: Of course! We can do this on our own!


The girls had it all settled. As soon as recordings were finished, they would all go into the practice rooms and begin settling down for a new comeback song. This was to be strictly done in private, no one outside the group is to know that the girls have come up with their own songs. Disobeying SM's original plans is highly against the rules of being an artist.

Producer Kim Jong Suk has prepared a mini-album for the girls containing four songs. Every song so far sounds a lot like SNSD's Kissing You.

The first track that has already been finished recording by all eleven girls is called 'Break Up Song' which was on their first mini-album and later on became their follow up song.

The second song in which everyone except Chayeon, Hye Sung, Seul Gi and Se Kyung has finished recording, is called 'Beauty Girl' which is a song basically about beautiful girls. The girls can do nothing but groan to the sound of this song, it sounds much like Girl's Day's Twinkly Twinkly song.

The third song which everyone except Hye Sung, Chayeon and Se Kyung has finished is a simple and extremely autotuned aegyo song called 'Baby Love Me Now', which was the song Hye Sung was recording earlier until a beat up Se Kyung walked into the room. The girls hate this song, but find it annoyingly catchy.

The fourth song is a ballad, but it's called 'Like Me Back', another stupid song about how a girl likes a boy but he doesn't like her back. The girls would have chosen this as their favorite track if not for the dumb lyrics. Everyone is finished with the recording for this song but they are not satisfied with how it is edited.

The girls have begun practicing and out of Soo Mi's journal, the girls have chosen three songs to officially put on the mini-album, well it would become an album now, of course. The songs include of 'Changing Destiny', 'Thank You For Believing' & 'We'. Every one of these were a more ballad type but the girls loved the meaning behind every one of these songs.

Seul Gi: You all know what we should do...?
All the girls stared at Seul Gi: We should all contribute to writing one final song..
The girls were confused.
Na Rae: What kind of song..?
Charlotte: A catchy one, of course~
Haye: I say one with meaning!
Seul Gi: Why not both of those..?
Soo Mi: What's the concept..?
Everyone looked to Soo Mi.
Seul Gi: I'm not sure.. Why don't you decide..? I mean, you have a whole book of songs that you wrote yourself..
Soo Mi began to think. She began to think very hard.
Yoo Jung: I don't know where this is going..
Chayeon: I want something that will show... that we aren't just a couple pretty flowers.. ya know..?
Everyone looked to the maknae.
Ariana: I actually really like that..
Haye: Me too!
Soo Mi: Hey.. We can do something like that..
Seul Gi: Then we'll need a title..
Chayeon raised her hand: How about 'Not Just Flowers'???
Every scrunched their noses and shook their heads.
Soo Mi: I like 'Flower Power'??
Yoo Jung: You really know nothing about SM Artists huh?
Everyone began to laugh.
Seul Gi: What do you guys think..? C'mon, as a team we need to all contribute...
Everyone looked around cluelessly.
Seul Gi realized that Miyeon had stayed quiet for a long time now.
Seul Gi: What do you think, Miyeon..?
Miyeon began to act a bit nervous: Woo.. This is all going back to trainee days.. I mean.. We already debuted and all.. But I think that when we were the most fierce.. Was back in the 'Run The World Girls' days..
Chayeon, Charlotte and Haye were confused.
Miyeon: So how about 'Run The World'...??
Haye: SASHA FIERCE~
Miyeon: No.. We gotta have our own EVERYTHING to it.. Nothing like Beyonce's..
Yoo Jung: Now that's what I'm talking about! RUN THE WORLD~ Yes, I love it!
Seul Gi: Then it's settled.. We're composing our own song.. Run The World.
Ariana: Now of course we have to do our chant~
Everyone groaned.
All with hands together: Hana, Deul, Saet, Eleven Flowers, We Are SOE!
Everyone began to laugh, they've always hated that chant.

The girls began to sing, rehearse like crazy and a bunch of other things. It was 11:52PM and the girls had just started. They figured they would write 'Run The World' at home when everyone was settled.

Se Kyung was the best at the Piano so she took care of that, Na Rae had a drummer brother so she knew bits and pieces, Chayeon knew guitar best and Seul Gi was average at the violin. They began to play tunes and finally came up with a melody. They all began to sing, harmonize and everything. With this, they were growing as a group.

Suddenly the door flung open and the girls didn't know fate was listening the whole time.

It was Yunho from TVXQ.

Yunho: What is this I am hearing..??
The girls all shut up, eyes wide open.
Yunho: It doesn't sound like what Kim Jong Suk sampled for me.. Now what is it..??
He turned to Seul Gi, for he always, ALWAYS looked to the leader first.
Yunho: I SAID WHAT SONG IS THIS?!?!
He was furious.
Yunho: You all know that it is against the rules to sing a song that is unknown to the company, it can be held as plagiarism and even worst, it could bring up many different types of things, NOW WHAT IS IT?!
No one answered the furious Yunho.
Na Rae suddenly whispered: It's not even a big deal.
Yunho heard and marched over to Na Rae: What did you just say?! It's not a big deal?
Na Rae's eyes were wide open and she was terrified.
Yunho: You are mere rookies, you have failed the company, you put all of us down and when we try and try to bring you back up, you decide to sing another song unknown to anyone AND you say it's not a big deal?!?!
Yunho was furious and he was screaming into Na Rae's face.
Na Rae began to cry and she ran out the door in tears.
No one moved, everyone was stiff and they knew of nothing to say.

Suddenly Soo Mi could not handle it anymore.
She made her way silently to the stereo which was near her and sat behind Yunho who had been stiff, just standing there staring at everyone with those eyes.
She pressed PLAY and 'Break Up Song' came on.
Yunho turned around and saw Soo Mi near the stereo.
Yunho: What are you doing?
Soo Mi stared fearlessly, the members stared worried for Soo Mi who was alone in the corner with the stereo.
Yunho: Why are you playing music at a time like this?!
He screamed.
Soo Mi: LISTEN..
He stopped.
Soo Mi: Listen to this... Is this music..?
He didn't answer.
She stopped the music.
Soo Mi: It isn't.. THIS is music.. Se Kyung.. Chayeon.. Seul Gi.. Do your thing.. The drums can be brushed aside for now..
She was breathing hard with every word she spoke, she was trembling but confident, staring fiercely into Yunho's eyes.
Yunho was still mad, but willing to give Soo Mi a chance.

The music they had composed began to surround the room, still a bit pitchy, but it was good enough. Soo Mi began to sing. She sung the chorus because that was all they had down so far. She sung proudly. Later Haye and Charlotte joined. Then suddenly they all began to sing. It was beautiful and showed so much of what each and every girl was capable of doing, not just as individuals, but as SOE.

Yunho listened carefully.

Today, SOE was changing their destiny.