Chapter 01. Diamonds In The Rough

|| Changing Destiny ♥Seeds Of Eden♥ || SMent. New Girl Group

Se Kyung ran as fast as she could as a crowd of anti’s chased her in the night. She had only craved some coffee and tonight she needed it to prepare for the long night of recording for SOE’s comeback.

She rushed over to a dark and empty alleyway, her cap had flung off, but she could care less for it. She was terrified for her life, for it was already 1:32AM and there were still anti’s roaming around.

She stopped and hid deep in the dark alley. The anti’s rushed past quickly.

Female #01: QUICK! Get her!
Female #02: She deserves a whooping!

Se Kyung stood there, terrified.
Se Kyung: 1...... 2............ 3
She looked out into the open, her eyes with fear. Her heart beat fast and her breathing trembled. There was not a single person in sight. It was an empty street. A few cars roamed by carelessly.

She tiptoed out quietly still trembling. She was sure they had disappeared. She ran back to the SM building as quickly as she could. She suddenly came upon her hat that lied on the empty sidewalk. It had been severly stepped on and the design was ruined. She picked it up quietly and continued running.

She was almost there and she started to jog. She was too tired to keep sprinting. Then suddenly a girl wearing a pink sweatshirt popped out of nowhere, standing stiff and her arms crossed.

Se Kyung bumped right into her, she stood much taller than Se Kyung.

Se Kyung was as scared as ever. Everything was trembling, then suddenly she felt a pain at the back of her head and she was dragged down to the floor, her hair had been pulled down by another girl from behind.

Female #03: We got the little .
Female #04: Haha, duh. She was slow anyways.

The pink sweatshirted girl kneeled down and brushed off the hair that had flung into Se Kyung’s face.

Female #03: Ahh.. Well whataya know.. It’s not her..
Female #04: Serious..? Ahh.. Then where could she be.. We were sure it was her.
Female #03: Serah~ Do us a favor will ya.. Tell Narae to come out here..

Se Kyung began to frown, her breathing got deeper.
Female #04: Serah, if you don’t, then you can bye bye to everything you have now.
Se Kyung shook her head no, even though she knew the consequences.
Female #03: She’s terrible.. Look here pretty girl... If you go in and you don’t come out, you’re dead. Now go and get Narae for us and you’re free to go.
Se Kyung thought about what they would do to Narae and she wondered why. The two girls began to make small talk and Se Kyung saw that it was time for her to run. She took action and pushed the Pink Sweatshirt girls’ legs and struggled to get up and ran, then suddenly, she was back on the floor. The girl who pulled her down the first time, did it again, but this time pulled her shoulder down onto the ground.

Female #04: You really don’t get it.. Do you..?
The girls began to laugh.
Female #04: We’re gang members, and if you don’t do what we say.. then... Pew
She made a gun with her hands and shot at Se Kyung.
Se Kyung jumped from the noise and began to tremble even more.
Female #03: You’re the face... right?? Well, why don’t we take that away from you..
The pink sweatshirt girl pulled out a little pocket knife and began to the back of the knife on Se Kyung’s cheek.
Se Kyung showed no signs of fear in the knife, but she still trembled.
The girls began to laugh.

Suddenly someone began to shout from behind.
Random Man’s voice: WHO THE ARE YOU GUYS?!?!

The girls all were shocked and looks up.
It was Se Kyung’s manager who was extremely built and tall.
The girls dropped everything and began to shift back.
The manager saw Se Kyung on the floor with a bust lip, tears dripping down her face.
Manager: I’M GOING TO KILL YOU GUYS!
He charged at the two girls and they ran off with the speed of light.
Female #03: YOU GOT LUCKY THIS TIME, FACE!

The manager took hold of Se Kyung who collapsed into his arm, crying.
Manager: It’s okay.. I’m here now.. I’m gonna protect you.. It’s okay..
He was like a father to all the members of SOE.

Se Kyung and Manager walked into the recording room shortly after the accident.
Seul Gi sees them entering the room and stands up immediately: Where have you been?! I was worried sick-- What is this..?! Why are you bleeding?!
Seul Gi, the worried leader and SOE’s mother nagged and began to care for Se Kyung.
Chayeon: Unni-ah~ You took too long so Hye Sung Unnie went first-- Waitt.. what’s going on..???
Seul GI: What the hell happened?!?!
Hye Sung:
There’s nothing better than the way you look me in the eyes and tell me you need me, want me, touch me and hold me~

Se Kyung: It’s nothing.. Just ran into a couple anti’s..
Her lips were stained by blood and her hair was extremely messy.
Chayeon: Anti’s?! Oh my gosh, we told you not to go anywhere by yourself!
Seul Gi: What did they do to you?!
Se Kyung: They didn’t.. Even want me..
Chayeon: What are you talking about..?
Hye Sung:
I smile at the ground when I see you look at me-- Should I stop singing..?? What’s going on, girls?

Everything got all dramatic, it was only Chayeon, Seul Gi and Hye Sung in the room along with Music Producer Kim Jong Suk and Manager Kim, the others had already went to bed.

Seul Gi: Tell us what they wanted if not you?!
Hye Sung: What’s going on??
Se Kyung: They were.. They were looking for Narae..

The room got quiet and everyone was confused.
Seul Gi: What did they want with her..??
Se Kyung shook her head, she didn’t know either.

After a long silence, Kim Jong Suk broke the silence.
Kim Jong Suk: It’s obvious you girls are going through a bit of a rough patch right now.. We all need a good night’s sleep, so we should all head home.. Let’s end the night here, I shall be back tomorrow, starting at 1PM...

The girls bowed and thanked him for working hard today.
Kim Jong Suk was a famous music producer who has been producing many songs for SM’s artists. Tonight, he left the SM building shaking his head and thinking that SM finally produced a girl group that wouldn’t make it into the industry.

Seul Gi: That wasn’t professional at all, girls..
Chayeon: What can we do.. One of our members just went through something terrible..
Manager Kim: Kim Jong Suk is right, girls. I think it’s about time for all of us to return home and get a good night’s sleep.

Everyone left the building, they were the last to exit the building. Hye Sung held Se Kyung close and Chayeon followed behind. Seul Gi was last, she was disappointed by how the night ended, leaving Kim Jong Suk with a bad impression. The girls arrived home, washed up and went to bed quietly. It was already 3:06AM when Seul Gi, the last of the girls, to fall asleep.

It was just like yesterday, it was about October 25th when the girls released their first teaser for “The Scent Of A Flower”. Immediately, they received high criticisms, but the girls were ready to prove everyone wrong. Soon it was November 3rd, after releasing 3 teasers, they finally released the full Music Video. They did not go the way they all had wished for though.. SOE was just another girl group in the eyes of many netizens. They debuted on Muzik Bank on November 5th and was criticized for lip synching and lacking in dance. From then on, SM began to lose hope in the girls and slowly pushed them aside. After a long 5 months of disappearance, keeping quiet and staying hidden, the girls are ready to prove everyone wrong.

They are to release a new digital single called ‘Look To Me’ and the girls, although show no feelings toward the song, they are prepared to come back.