Prologue 03. Coming To Be pt. III

|| Changing Destiny ♥Seeds Of Eden♥ || SMent. New Girl Group

After the evaluations, Minji left the auditorium without saying a word to anyone. Tears fell down her face as she ran out of the door. The remaining members hugged each other tight.

Miyeon and Narae cheered, whereas the rest of the girls cried and held on to each other tightly.

RP: It seems like you girls have developed a bond.. It is such an amazing thing to have connections with each other.. but for now.. get used to not holding on too tightly to each other.. not until you are all officially one stable group..

After such words, Representative Park and Jang left the auditorium.

The faculty members escorted the girls out.

Hye Sung: ..And just like that she's out..
Ariana looked over.
Ariana: Now we have to work even harder.. Minji just proved that anything can happen.. For the better or the worst..
The two looked over to Seul Gi. Her tears were the worst of all.

Seul Gi bawling: I feel.. I just feel like I failed.. every single one of you..
Na Rae looks over frowning in confusion.
Seul Gi still bawling: I told all of you.. that.. that this would be the very.. very last line-up.. and.. and it didn't happen.. It was all my fault.. all my fault why this is harder than it should be.. You all told me to not get too close.. and.. and I didn't even care to listen... to any of you..
Na Rae walks on over to Seul Gi and the rest of the girls.
Na Rae: Now who in the world are you to tell us that it was your fault we all feel so pressured now that a friend of ours is out of the group?! We all feel the exact same.. Stop blaming only yourself!

Seul Gi looked up shocked.
Seul Gi: Wait.. What??
Na Rae frowning: Stop saying everything was your fault. In order for us to get through this.. we need to work as a team.. Let's all work harder.. even if we become close and one of us has to leave... We all need to promise each other.. that we won't ever forget each other..
Seul Gi widened her eyes, wiping her tears away.
Se Kyung: What Na Rae says is right.. We are eight today, but tomorrow we can be fifteen.. We don't know what's going to happen.. but we all need to work together...
Soo Mi: You are all making this too dramatic..
Everyone turned to the quiet Soo Mi who had finally spoke up.
Soo Mi: We should all just return to our individual activities.. At least until we are official..
Hye Sung: I agree.. I can't risk losing another friend.. like how we lost Minji..

Yoo Jung: Right.. I really think we should do that.. and then when we must work together.. we just come together..
Na Rae: You guys don't get it.. do you? We are living the idol lives right now.. Everything is supposedly scripted.. They are expecting us all to get along.. they probably even predicted for this whole thing right now to happen---
She was interrupted by Miyeon who had stayed quiet for quite some time now.

Miyeon: Let's all go to.. my house and talk about this..? We can't do this in the middle of nowhere.. especially when we could possibly be being stalked by some crazy fans..
She was hesitant in her speaking.

They all made way to Miyeon's home. She lived right in Seoul with her Mother and brother in a very small home.
They crept in, it was already 9PM but the girls seriously needed some pep talk.
Everything was going as planned, going into Miyeon's home and making way to her room when suddenly.

Miyeon's Mother: Miyeon-ah! Where have you been all day?! Do you have any idea what time it is?!
Miyeon turned around immediately, stiffenning her entire body.
Miyeon: Eomma.. I thought I told you..
Miyeon's Mother: You were dancing? Or was it singing? I don't care! I want you home early! You know I worry about you!
It was crazy awkward for the rest of the girls.
Miyeon turned to the girls: Go into my room, it's to the left.. I'll be in in a bit..
The girls stormed into Miyeon's tiny room. The seven of them took up so much space.
Suddenly harsh whip sounds filled the air.

Miyeon's Mother: WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?! EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!
The sound of a belt flinging against something was heard of by the girls.
Miyeon: I'm sorry eomma.. I won't do it again..
Miyeon endured the pain, she was getting hit on the back, crouched down.
The girls heard everything.
Seul GI and Na Rae couldn't stand the painful hits that Miyeon was taking. Everyone sat in the room speechless listening to the sounds of the belt hitting the back of Miyeon.
Suddenly a loud scream was finally expressed by Miyeon.
Miyeon crying softly: Eomma... Why must you do this.. When my friends are here... I'm so sorry Eomma.. I did wrong..
Miyeon's Mother: YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME!

Suddenly 
Seul GI stormed out of the room and blocked a hit from Miyeon's mother, landing it on her very own back. A confused mother was presented. Na Rae stormed out as well and took hold of Miyeon who was marked with bleeding scars on her back. She rubbed the scars gently, holding Miyeon's head to her shoulder.

Seul GI's eyes wide open, she is out of breath: I don't understand how a mother can hit their very own daughter in this kind of manner.. She did nothing wrong.. She was out there chasing her dreams tonight, like how she does every single day. Miyeon's Eomma, please listen to me just this once.. Never hit a precious daughter like Miyeon..
Miyeon's Mother: You know nothing about what she's done!
Her breath smelled of intense liquor and she held a stench that was probably 10-days old, her hair was in knots and she held the belt with an extreme grip.

Seul GI: This isn't a place for someone as special as Miyeon.. I can easily report you to the police..
Miyeon's Mother did not care and she swung the belt at 
Seul GI, landing a hit right to her face. 
Hye Sung stormed out and took hold of 
Seul GI.
Hye Sung panting: We can't stay here.. We have to leave right now..

They all stormed out, holding onto each other firmly. Miyeon's Mother watched them leave, panting hard, in her hands still remained the belt.

They arrived at Hye Sung's Dorm. Her dorm mate had returned home for the next 3 days.

Hye Sung: I don't even know what to say..
They all caressed Miyeon carefully. Miyeon held her head down too ashamed to face her friends.
Soo Mi: What was all of that about..
Se Kyung: Hye Sung-ah~ Do you have any ice or anything cold??
Hye Sung: The freezer.. All I have are some ice cream pops.. That should do for now..
Se Kyung came over with 4 ice cream pops and gently rubbed them against Miyeon's back.
Miyeon have a soft groan.

Miyeon: I'm so sorry you all had to experience that..
Na Rae shook her head: It isn't your fault.. 
Miyeon: My mom.. She.. She just... sigh*.. She is an extreme alcoholic.. and when she drinks too much.. which is like everyday.. She becomes very abusive..
Everyone listened carefully.
Miyeon: My brother is never home.. He is always out.. dealing with all sorts of madness.. and my mom.. you know.. my dad no longer has any connection with any of us.. This is why I always leave the practive rooms late at night.. so I can come home to a sleeping mother.. Its been about a week since she's thrown any hits at me..


Seul GI: If you ever need anything.. we are all here for you.. Most of us live in dorms.. Is there anyone here who lives here in Seoul.. can you offer Miyeon a place to stay temporarily..?
Everyone shook their heads no.
Yoo Jung: I mean.. I live here.. but my house isn't much to offer..
Everyone nodded their heads implying that it was okay.
Hye Sung: Miyeon-ah~ You can stay here for the time being.. We should talk to the Reps of SM about getting you a dorm.. It shouldn't take more than a couple days..
With that settled the girls took a seat on the floor, all eight of them. Na Rae sat near Miyeon, rubbing her back carefully. Se Kyung held her hand tight.


Seul GI: Things like this only make us stronger.. Not just individually.. But as a group as well.. Right now there's eight of us here.. and this has only brought us even closer together.. Some of you may not know this.. but I was a potential f(x) member..
Everyone gasped. They sat straight up.
Soo Mi: How long exactly have you been training??

Seul GI: I have trained for 7 years..
They all gasped again.

Seul GI: I was in the 2nd line-up for f(x).. But I lacked in my singing.. I was only 16 at the time.. I was actually in it with the current members except Krystal who came in later.. One day we all talked... just like this, and we became so close.. Even to this day, although I did not make it into the group, the girls still call me and ask me how I'm doing.. They heard of my potential debut and they are even more excited that I am myself.
Soo Mi: Then that means we must fear nothing..
The girls shifted their heads to Soo Mi.
Soo Mi: Forget what I said earlier.. If we are to become friends.. Let it be.. we can't stop it from happening..
The girls smiled and they couldn't help but feel loved by each other. They talked for the rest of the night, all eight of them, they all seemed to fit right in. It was 11PM when they all started to leave one by one. Miyeon and Hye Sung slept comfortably in the dorm.

The next day came and the girls were brought into the SM Office immediately.

PK: Congratulations for making it this far, girls.
Smiling faced filled the room.
All the girls: Kamsahmnida.
PK: Of course.. we are not yet done.. There are eight of you today.. but we decided to twist things up..
They all could predict what was to come next.
PK: We want to try for thirteen of you..
Everyone gasped. They all couldn't believe the number.
Na Rae: Uhmm.. President Kim.. I'm sorry.. But not even Super Junior could do thirteen.. How would we do it..?
Yoo Jung: Ten was already a lot for me.. but thirteen..?
PK: Trust me girls.. This will only be temporary.. We very well know what we are doing..
The girls pouted their lips in doubt.
PK: Bring in the girls.. It's an addition of five.. 
He laughed as if it was all a joke.

Five girls walked in and already the sense of starting over took over.
PK: Introduce yourselves~
A cute, small girl walked up first and in her cutest little voice: Annyeonghaseyo~~ My name is Gong Haye... I am only 17.. And I promise to work extra hard!
Se Kyung whispers to Soo Mi: I think I'm gonna like her..
A girl who had dark circles stepped forward: Annyeong.. My name is Park Ae Kyung..
She sat back down and left zero impressions on anyone.
A girl with beautiful eyes and a killer smile stepped up: Annyeonhaseyo, my name is Charlotte Kim.. I am 20 years old and I look forward to working with all of you!
Na Rae to 
Seul GI: She's beautiful..
A unique looking girl stepped forward: Annyeong~~ My name is Kang Hye Lim and I know we'll all along just fine, I hope this becomes a friendly competition~
She flipped her hair and sat back down.
Hye Sung rose her eyebrow at Miyeon: What was all that about??
The last girl stood up, she had a much different aura to her, the girls weren't sure what it was though: Hey guys.. I'm Bo Kyung.. LEE Bo Kyung.. and yeah.
She sat back down carelessly.


Seul GI in her mind: What the heck.. These girls just aren't going to make the cut..

PK: Okay Representatives.. Why don't you explain the next showcase?
The reps nodded.
RP: Your next project
He smiled and turned to Representative Jang who took the next line as if they reheared it.
RJ: You're all going to need to model a bit and turn your photogenicity on~

The girls all widened their eyes in surprise and got up to cheer. The only ones still sitting were Soo Mi, Bo Kyung, Ae Kyung and Ariana. 

RP: BUT! There is a catch!
The girls settled down.
RP: The public will vote for which one of you had the best photos and who didn't.
The girls sat there frowning.

Seul GI: That isn't fair..
RP: But at the very end, if the judges do not agree with the votes, we will change them.
Hye Sung: So you're saying that at least one or two of us are definitely going home??
RJ: Incorrect.. If we disagree with anything, it will be changed.. Meaning we could be satisfied with all of you and keep you all OR we may even eliminate almost all of you..
The girls received chills from the last part.
PK: The photoshoot will be tomorrow at 8AM.. Oh one more thing..
The girls listened well.
PK: You are to wear your own clothing and make up. The only thing we provide is the setting and camera.
The girls groaned.
Na Rae to
Seul Gi: That's so ed up.


The next day came and each girl arrived right on time, each looking more beautiful than ever. They all took their photos. Each waiting for each other showing full support. It was still quite awkward between the new girls, but Charlotte seemed to fit in just fine.

The final photo was produced and Representative Jang made a quick announcement to the girls.

RJ: Voting takes place now.. We will evaluate by tomorrow. We will post up the results by 9PM. There will be no cheating or anything. Your photos and voting polls will take place online.

The girls went home and immediately went online to check the photo/

 

The girls chat Online
Soo Mi: Waahhh~~~ We look so beautiful!!!!!
Seul Gi: Oh my gosh!! We all look like goddesses~
Miyeon: Unnie, what do you think the SOE stands for?!!
Na Rae: Oh my gosh, could that be our group name? We still don't know anything about our name yet..
Minji: Listen up girls.. I have something to tell you guys!
Hye Sung: SPILL~
Minji: I walked past a bunch of girls that were on the website and they were talking about Bo Kyung.. Apparently she has a very bad reputation..

Seul Gi: Like what??
Minji: I don't even know if it's true.. But they say that she's involved in a gang and she doesn't involve herself in "good things".
Se Kyung: Oh that's terrible.. What do you guys think about this?!
Minji: This means she's out.. If word goes out about her whole sitation she won't even be a part of the group..
Miyeon: to be her.. That's why you never let your past effect your future..
Hye Sung: Exactly!
Minji: Anyways.. I seriously wonder what SOE will stand for..
Na Rae: ting Out Eggs LOL!
Se Kyung: Ahahaha!!! Omg, unnie, that's hilarious!
Hye Sung: I bet it's something like State Of Eternity..
Seul Gi: Hey that actually sounds really nice~

..Meanwhile..
Hye Lim walks slowly toward a karaoke bar late at night, she goes in.
Hye Lim: The girls don't know that I'm 23.. This whole game isn't at all fair.. I'm going to play the game.
She arrived inside and everyone greeted her.
Hye Lim: Let's make my fathers dumb old restaurant useful.
She climbed onto a table: Yeorabeun~~
She screamed in her cutest voice
Hye Lim: Please, do me a big favor.. Vote for me to be the best face within the new girl group I am involved in. If you do then I'll be the best girl ever~
She was showing off her aegyo skills.
Everyone was taken by such a thing and began voting.
Hye Lim walked out with a smirk, sure she would make it past this round.

It was already the next day and at the front office the results were posted.

 

SOE's 3RD LINE-UP RESULTS
Hye Sung
Miyeon

Yoo Jung
Se Kyung
Seul Gi
Charlotte
Soo Mi
Ariana
Na Rae
Haye
Ae Kyung - OUT
Bo Kyung - OUT

Hye Lim - OUT