Prologue 01. Coming To Be pt. I

|| Changing Destiny ♥Seeds Of Eden♥ || SMent. New Girl Group

Multiple trainees sit in groups in the SM Cafeteria. Voices flutter everywhere as the trainees enjoy their lunches. 

Representative Jang: Everyone! Please Quiet down!

It was President Jang, she was a higher staff member of the Agency. She never came around much, but none of the Representatives ever did anyway. She stood tall, looking down at us on the balcony above the SM Cafe. and her voice spoke into a microphone.

Representative Jang: The names I will be calling here, you must immediately report to the SM Front Office. You will meet me there.

She said calmly. All the trainees' eyes widened and some got excited. There was probably a total of 40 trainees in the room, all varying from ages 9 to 24. There were probably at least 20 trainees missing today, doing their own individual activities. Everyone was looking up to Representative Jang, anticipating who she would call.

Female Trainee #01 (whispers): Oh my gosh, I wonder what it is..
Female Trainee #02 (whispers): This is so exciting, I hope she calls one of us at least!

Male Trainee #01 (whispers): Is this for a new project?
Male Trainee #02 (whispers): Probably, but I doubt it's anything big..
Male Trainee #01 (whispers): If it wasn't anything big, it wouldn't be such a big announcement like this..
Male Trainee #02 (whispers): *shrugs

Representative Jang: Hwang Se Kyung, Park Na Rae, Kwon Jiyeong, Im Yoo Jung, Hwang Soo Mi, Kim Seul Gi, Kim Chaeyoon, Park Jimin, Im Minji and Kang Dohee. Please come immediately.

Female Trainee #01: Oh my gosh!! Minji-ah~ That's you!!!
She begins to shake her friend in excitement.
Minji (Female Trainee #02): She.. She called me..?? Oh my goshh.. Okay, I'll be back shortly, Ah Yeon~ jjang~

She ran quickly out of the cafeteria. Nine others girls stood up and followed her quickly.

Quiet and confused whispers filled the halls as all ten girls made way to the SM Front Office. 
They all arrived together as excited as can be and seeing the tall and beautiful Representative Jang.
She stood there stiffly with no expression, she turned to open the door to the SM Front Office and the ten girls followed her.

The Office was very open but was filled with different rooms full of papers, computers and whatnot. Many SM Staffs walked back and forth from office to office, mumbling things to each other.

The ten girls stared in confusion until they finally arrived at a large door and imprinted on it were the words "Kim Young-Min". Now they got really excited because trainees barely ever get to see the CEO and it is only when it is very important that they get to see him.

Representative Jang opened the large door to a room with a huge table surrounded by chairs and sitting at the head seat was a smiling President Kim, to his left was Representative Park, who was the highest current Representative of SM Entertainment.

The girls took a seat and Representative Jang went and sat to President Kim's right.

It was quiet in this large room and you could hear the breath of ever single nervous trainee.

PK: There are about.. *counts the girls.. Ten of you.. I see.. We've overlooked many different situations and we seem to have come to an interest with all of you..

The ten girls began to stare at each other.

PK: That's right.. A new girl group is just around the corner, girls.

The girls began to smile, gasp and one of the girls started to cry. Everyone in the room began to smile with excitement.

PK: Of course.. This doesn't guarantee you a spot..

The girls stopped what they were doing and took an even bigger interest in President Kim's words, but then Representative Park began to talk and the girls shifted their heads to him.

RP: Like all groups we have created, there will be line-ups until we are fully satisfied with you all.. You are ten now, but you can possibly become 9 or 11 and even as far as 15 or as low as 6. This means you will all have to work hard.

Everyone shook their heads in agreement. President Kim smiled.

PK: Why don't you all stand up individually and introduce yourselves, I mean, we know you, but maybe you don't know each other. Just state your name and age... We'll start with you.

He pointed to a tiny, pale girl with big eyes. She stood up nervously and began to introduce herself.

Female Trainee #03: Annyeonghaseyo yorabeun.. *she bows 90 degrees.. My name is Kang Dohee and I am 18 years old..

She sat back down and the next girl stood up.

Female Trainee #04: Annyeonhaseyo~ *bows 90 degrees.. My name is Im Yoo Jung and I am 19 years old

She sat back down with a bright smile. You can obviously tell she had a bright personality.

The rest of the girls continued introducing themselves. There wasn't anyone that stood out from the others except for the last girl to introduce herself.

Female Trainee #10: Annyeonghaseyo... *she wiped away her tears.. My name is... *she began to cry again, she couldn't control herself, gasping for air.. My name is.. My name is Park Seul Gi.. and I'm.. I'm 20 years old.. and thank you so so so much for this.. I mean it.. This means so much to me.. *she begins to cry even more and then she realizes her foolish self and all of a sudden she does a silly dance, shaking from her legs to the top of her head, sighing deeply.

The whole room begins to giggle softly at the silly Park Seul Gi. She sits down confused.

PK: *still laughing, now that that's over with, we have something to announce to you girls.

The ten of them began to quiet down.

RP: Tomorrow will be an evaluation day, you have all day today to prepare for tomorrow, meet at the Auditorium at 6PM. Prepare a 3 minute dance or song or rap or whatever to prove your skills. With this note, you are dismissed.

The tens girls gasped and their smiles disappeared. None of them were finalized a secure spot in the group. They all left the SM Front Office and parted ways. Some immediately went into the Dance Practice rooms, some dialed their family and friends telling them the great news, some headed into the recording rooms and so on.

The next day came along and each girl arrived at the auditorium at 6PM. All were dressed to impress.

They all gathered on stage and there they saw the audience.

President Kim was nowhere to be found, but Representative Jang and Park were there along with BoA and Kangta. Eunhyuk and Donghae sat in the audience as well. It was normal for stars to come check out the trainees, but only the ones who still had passion for anything cared about the future of the company.

First on stage was Im Yoo Jung. She chose to dance to "Girl On Fire", which was a weird choice, but she began to dance a more contemprorary type an she was extremely elegant. Although it was elegant, it was very obvious she still had a lot to practice. The Reps took down notes while BoA, Kangta, Eunhyuk and Donghae applauded.

All the performanced were somewhat okay, but that is why they are put to becoming a group and not solo artists. There was one girl though, that seemed to be of Solo material.

Hwang Soo Mi stepped out from behind the curtains in a long white dress, her hair pinned up beautifully. It was obvious she was very nervous, for her legs shook in the tiny heels she wore. Her eyes gleamed in the light as the red lipstick she wore spoke of beauty.

Suddenly the music of "On The Road" came on and she rose the mic to . Everyone, even the trainees stood carelessly.

Then she began to sing the first line, everyone's eyes looked up to see a flawless Hwang Soo Mi. Her voice was very natural and it contained of such tone. It was a mix of Taeyeon, Hyorin and Lee Hi. Her voice had it's own flare.

Park Na Rae to Hwang Se Kyung: *Sigh.. Well there goes one spot.. She's definitely a member..
Hwang Se Kyung reply: Don't say that, we're all equally in trouble, *giggling.

Finally all the girls finished and stood on stage waiting patiently as the reps along with BoA and Kangta discussed quietly. Eunhyuk and Donghae left the auditorium quietly.

The ten girls all held hands as if they were already a group.

Park Na Rae in her mind: This is so stupid.. Why are we holding hands like we know each other..
Im Yoo Jung in her mind: If I show them that I can work as a team.. then maybe I'll make it into the group..

After a long 20 minutes of waiting, the reps looked up to the girls.

RP: The names we call, please step forward..

The girls held their breaths and held each others' hands tightly. 

RP: Kim Chaeyoon... Kwon Jiyeong.. Kang Dohee.. Park Jimin.. Hwang Soo Mi..

Everyone widened their eyes.. They started to think that maybe the group that stepped forward was safe because Soo Mi was in that group. Seul Gi began to shake her head and tears filled her eyes. Yoo Jung began to bite her lips in frustration.

Representative Jang suddenly whispered something to Representative Park. They suddenly nodded in agreement.

RP: Hwang Soo Mi, please step back.

Then Seul Gi looked up confused, her expression changed, along with everyone elses. 

RP: Front row... You have been eliminated from this project.. Back row, you are still in this, but still you are not guaranteed anything.

The front row girls began to shed tears, but they quietly bowed in saying thank you. The back girls cheered in excitement.

Hwang Soo Mi to herself: Why was I almost eliminated... This must means i have to work harder..

The other girls stare at Soo Mi who was almost eliminated.

RP to RJ: Hwang Soo Mi.. Was it..? She.. She's something else.. She could become SM's next Solo Artist..
RJ reply: She can.. But I'm afraid the little one lacks in her dancing skills.. She'll have to stick around within a girl group..

Three days pass and word about the rumored new girl group floods the entire building. Trainees from everywhere who are in contact within SM stare at the rumored girls. Some were jealous but many came with open arms.