Prologue 02. Coming To Be pt. II

|| Changing Destiny ♥Seeds Of Eden♥ || SMent. New Girl Group

President Kim announces that they will be joined by another three girls who may possibly be a part of the group. He tells the girls that they have gone through individual showcases like what the original line-up has already been through and have passed. He welcomes in the three girls.

PK: Girls, come on in.

A girl with huge eyes who resembles Qri from T-ara is the first to walk in, behind her walks in a tan girl with beautiful eyes, she smiles at the girls, and then last a girl with beautiful eyes and red lips comes in.

Hwang Se Kyung to herself: There's the face of the group.

PK: Introduce yourselves please.

The Qri girl: Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Park Hye Sung and I am 18 years old~

Her eyes were so pretty and the way she spoke was so cute.

The tan girl: Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Ariana Mookjai.. I am also 18 years old.. and I am Thai, treat me well and I promise to work hard!

She was beautiful and her skintone was so elegant. She had an accent but it was very weak. Being Thai was barely present within her, she looked just as similar as the rest of the team.

Red Lips girl: Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kwon Miyeon, I am 18 years old~

PK: And with that, here we get onto the new big showcase.

The girls sit up stiffly ready to take on the next challenge.

PK: For the next three days, you are to work together. I want to see a group. I need to see you all as ONE. Prepare a 3 - 5 minute song for me which includes dancing and singing. You are dismissed.

The girls all left the front office but none of them conversed or anything. Nobody knew each other at all.

Seul Gi walked out last and looked up to see all the girls going their own ways. 

Seul Gi to herself: It's been three days.. and nothing from any of us.. President Kim said for us to become one..

Seul Gi: Girls!

Every one of the girls turned around except for Na Rae who could obviously hear Seul Gi, but she refused to turn around. Seul Gi showed disappointment that Na Rae was trying to avoid her.

Seul Gi began to walk towards the center of the big circle the girls made as they tried to go their own ways. 

Seul Gi: Na Rae-Ah~ Do you not hear me?
She knew Na Rae could hear her, but it was better to ask than to assume.

Na Rae turned around abruptly

Na Rae: What?
She seemed a little annoyed.

Seul Gi turned to all the girls, slowly glancing at all of them.

Seul Gi: If we're going to work together... We need to put an effort into getting to know each other..
Yoo Jung: The members aren't even confirmed yet.. Why don't we get to "know each other" when we're all official?
Miyeon: Right.. Why does it matter for us to get to know each other now? Our Sunbaes said for us to never get close to another unless we are officially in the same group..
Seul Gi: Seohyun Unni just got unlucky with her whole Hwanhee situation.. If we all get to know each other equally--
Minji: then we'll learn to work together and there wouldn't have to be another line-up.
She interrupted Seul Gi, but she was right on point.
Seul Gi: Right.. Exactly what ... what was your name again..??
Minji: *smiles.. I'm Minji.
Seul Gi: Exactly what Minji is saying. If we all get to know each other, then working as a team wouldn't even be difficult.

Na Rae turned around and began to walk away

Na Rae: This is a waste of time.. Come back when we're official members.. I'm not getting close to anyone until then.. 
She left the building.

Seul Gi sighed with a troubled face.

Seul Gi: C'mon you guys..

All the girls looked at Seul Gi with different expressions and then suddenly some of them started to move.
Yoo Jung went into the Dance Practice room and then Miyeon, Se Kyung and Soo Mi went into seperate recording rooms.

All there was left were Seul Gi, Minji, Hye Sung and Ariana.

Suel Gi: *sighed.. I guess less than half the members is going to do for now.. Why don't we all go to MooMoo Cafe and talk a little?
She smiled at the others.

The three other girls nodded in agreement.

They made their way to the cafe and ordered all sorts of smoothies.

Ariana: Is the Green Tea one good..??
She asked as she tilted her head to the side.
Hye Sung: My eomma loves the Green Tea one, but not so much for me.. I guess it just depends on the person.
She smiled at Ariana.

Everything was still a bit awkward between the girls.

Ariana to the cashier: Annyeonghaseyo, may I please buy a Small Green Tea Latte?
She paid for the latte and waited patiently.
Hye Sung: I see you're going to try it?
Ariana nodded.
Seul Gi: It's always good to try new things! We should all do it! Haha.
Hye Sung: Sounds like fun!
Seul Gi to the Cashier: Let me buy an order of a Small Pomegranite Milk Tea
She was confident but was a bit unsure as well.

Minji wandered around a bit and came back with the perfect drink to try.
Minji: Ahh, I know what I want to try now, keke. I want a Small Blueberry Mocha with a tint of Coconut~ Jjang~
They all laughed at Minji's dorky little self.
Hye Sung: I guess it's my turn..
She looked at the menu for quite some time and finally decided.
Hye Sung: I guess I'll try for a Small Watermelon Smoothie with a tint of Tangerine~ Haha.

Their drinks came along and every one of them grabbed it and waited for each other to choose a table. They decided with a cute vintage table by the corner.

They all laughed together, trying each others'. They got to know each other very well. 

Seul Gi: Ahh, this is fun, I'm so happy we got to know each other~
Minji: Definitely~ This is super fun, much better than always practicing by ourselves.
Ariana: That reminds me, we should start practicing for our group challenge soon here~
Hye Sung: Haha, it's okay. We can spare another 10 minutes or so.. right Seul Gi?
Seul Gi was confused, looking at Hye Sung all weird.
Seul Gi: Uhmm.. It doesn't matter, we can go whenever.. But Hye Sung-Ah~ Why are you asking me??
Hye Sung all of a sudden got all shy
Hye Sung: Aigoo.. I really don't know why I just did that.. I guess.. It just seems like your Leader, keke.
The other girls nodded in agreement.
Minji: Honestly, I didn't even realize she asked you, it just seemed natural of her to do so~
All of them laughed.

They returned to the SM Building at 4PM and went into one of the Dance Practice rooms. The four of them sat on the floor.

Seul Gi: First we need CONCEPTO~~ jjang~ haha.
They all were getting along very well, just within this past hour, they were already really comfortable with each other.
Minji: What about... Turtle Doves????
The girls stopped laughing and stared at Minji who was a bit weird.
Minji: I'm just kidding~
They all laughed crazily.

They stayed in the Practice room for a long time, coming up with concepts, which song and what moves. It was 7PM and Seul Gi forwarded a message to the other members

"Hi guys, it's Park Seul Gi~ We should all meet up in Practice Room B by 8PM and practice, practice, practice until 11PM~ Let's all fight for our dreams! Jjang Jjang, see you soon~"

Na Rae read the text as she laid on her bed. She smirked as she read what Seul Gi had said.

Na Rae to herself: Who does she think she is.. The automatic leader..?

It was 7:45PM when Miyeon arrived, she carried a cold attitude with her but Seul Gi, Ariana, Minji and Hye Sung greeted her with open arms. At 7:49PM Se Kyung came in and was very ready to make things fun. It was 7:56PM when Yoo Jung and Soo Mi arrived together unexpectedly. Yoo Jung greeted them but Soo Mi just got on to stretching. It was 8:09PM when the girls almost gave up on waiting for Na Rae when suddenly she walked in.

Na Rae: I came just because you said "Let's all fight for our dreams"
She smirked and ignored their greeting. She got right to stretching.

The girls decided after an hour of talking, to go with SNSD's song "Baby Maybe" and they practice and divided lines. Most line went to Soo Mi and Miyeon who had mad singing talents, but every girl had at least one line. 

Hye Sung made sure every member received more than enough attention.

Yoo Jung: Ughh, this is too little for me to shine!!!
Hye Sung: Yaa~ If SNSD can do it, we can too~
Yoo Jung: Well then give me at least one more line.

Hye Sung suddenly looked at all the divided lines. Every member had only one line except for Soo Mi and Miyeon, who had the powerful adlibs.

Hye Sung: Yaa, Yoo Jung-Ah~ All of us have only one line though..
Yoo Jung: This isn't going to work for me!

Hye Sung suddenly thought about what to do.
Hye Sung: Ahh.. Okay then Yoo Junggie.. Take my line.. I guess I'll just have to dance my best..
Yoo Jung smiled big
Yoo Jung: Ahh, kamsahmnidaa Hye Sung-Ah~ I'll work hard.
Se Kyung: Yaa, that isn't fair for Hye Sung.. We should all have at least one line..

Yoo Jung glared at Se Kyung.

After another 20 minutes to waste, they finally concluded with everyone having one line except Yoo Jung who had 2 lines, Miyeon and Soo Mi who had 3 lines and Hye Sung having no lines.

It was already almost 10PM.

Seul Gi: C'mon guys, let's memorize these lines later. Right now we should get to choreography~~

They turned the song on and began to throw ideas out.

Na Rae did not communicate well with the others, but she danced alone at the back while Seul Gi watched from the front. They were all stuck and did not know what to do at all. 

Seul Gi suddenly picked up something from Na Rae's freestyling. 

She began to dance to the chorus.

Seul Gi: Listen everyone.. The Chorus is the most catchy part! Meaning it needs to have the most catchy and repetitive dancing. How about this?

She began to dance and everyone watched, even Na Rae.

She finished the chorus and everyone was amazed.

Ariana: Wahhh~ Unni, you move so cool!!!
Everything went quiet.
Seul Gi: Unni..??
Miyeon: Foreigners know nothing about such words..
Ariana suddenly started to sink her head into her arms.
Seul Gi began to giggle and then it turned into laughing.
Laughing was contageous and everyone began to laugh, even Na Rae who seemed so heartless.

Outside the Practice Room, Representative Jang had been listening to everything the whole time. She walked away smiling.

It was finally 11PM and the girls got ready to leave.

Miyeon: Yaa.. What are we even called..??
Everyone turned around. Se Kyung tilted her head.
Se Kyung: What are we called..??
Na Rae: We don't decide that..
Seul Gi: But it's always fun to just mess around.. You know..?
Every stared at Seul Gi, waiting for a name suggestion.
Seul Gi began to look around for inspiration, mumbling things.
Hye Sung: Beautiful Girls??
She laughed at herself, along with everyone else.
Na Rae: The Punk Dolls
Everyone stared in confusion.
Miyeon: ehh.. that's not really.. US..
Na Rae disappointingly nodded in agreement
Minji: What about....
Everyone looked over to Minji.
Minji: The Run The World Girls...??
Everyone laughed but liked the flow with the name.

Seul Gi: I vote for Run The World Girls~~
Everyone rose their hands. Na Rae rose it last.
Na Rae: As long as it's temporary.
They all laughed.

Seul Gi: Yaa, yeorabeun, put your hands together~
They all put their hands into the center of a big circle.
Seul Gi: Let's make this the last line-up~ jjang?
Everyone: Jjang~~~

Three Days finally passed and after countless hours of practicing and putting anything else as their last priority, the girls perfected the song and dance.

They held hands backstage speaking to each other.

Miyeon: .. Seul Gi.. Since you brought us together.. you make the final prayer..
Everyone stared at Seul Gi in agreement.

Seul Gi began to tear up, for these girls believed in her and she couldn't have asked for more.
Seul Gi: Here we go.. Hopefully our last line-up performance.. Please.. We've all worked so hard for this day.. Let's make it the last so we can work even harder to debut and come together as a family or sisters.

Everyone listened well.

Seul Gi: Amen.
Everyone: Amen.

They all reported to the stage and in the audience were even more people. They were all here to root for the newest girl group.
In the middle sat Representative Park and Jang along with BoA, Kangta and Yunho. In the left aisle sat Suho, Tao, Xiumin, Luhan and Sehun, along with Amber and Luna. In the right aisle sat 3 faculty members of SM along with SeoHyun, Yoona and Tiffany.

The girls only ever saw their Sunbae-nims once in a long time and today they were here rooting for them to do there best.

Tiffany: Aja Aja Fighting!!!
Suho: DO YOUR BEST~
Luhan: FIGHTING!

The girls were more ready than ever.
They got into positions, each and everyone of them took a deep sigh.
Seul Gi whisper: Hwaiting, girls.

Suddenly the music came on and they gave it a go. Starting the song was a beautiful Miyeon.

After only forever, the song was over. The girls gave each other a huge group hug, crying for their accomplishment. The Sunbaes who sat in the audience applauded as if they were already fans.

The Representatives along with BoA, Kangta and Yunho talked for a long 30 mins.

BoA: May I ask.. You.. 
She pointed to Hye Sung
BoA: Why you didn't have a line..??

Hye Sung was troubled.
Hye Sung: I actually.. I had a line, but I gave it up for Yoo Jung.. So she could showcase more.. It's important for all of us to shine..
BoA: But are you sure you, yourself, shined..??
Hye Sung: *sigh... I worked very hard on my dancing..
Seul Gi held Hye Sung's hand.
Everyone: Yes, she did.
Hye Sung: I hope you all see my hard work and give me another chance..
Hye Sung began to cry.

BoA: The girls I call.. Please step forward.
Everyone's eyes widened.
Seul Gi to herself: This means we won't all be together..

BoA: The first girl......Ahhhhh...... Im Minji..
Minji's eyes widened as she trembled. She held the hands of Na Rae and Se Kyung.
She let go of their hands and stepped forward with tears filling up her face.

BoA: The next girl... Is Hye Sung..
Everyone was in shock.
Yoo Jung felt guilty, she was so hurt by this. She walked over to Hye Sung and hugged her.
Yoo Jung whispers to Hye Sung: Bian...

Hye Sung and Minji stood there all alone.
BoA was silent for a long time and then suddenly...

BoA: Hye Sung.. step back..

Hye Sung was shocked and confused, she stepped back in relief.

Minji stood there alone.
BoA stared at her and suddenly smiled.
BoA: Minji-ah.. You worked very, very hard today, but it just wasn't enough for us to be happy. You have been eliminated from this group's project.

Minji kneeled down onto her knees and began to shed tears, her cry was quiet but her tears ran down her face.
In the audience SeoHyun sat there with tears, wiping them away. Tiffany cheered on the girls saying the "Gwenchana" chant.

The girls gathered together hugging Minji, telling her that she's going to be okay and that they'll work hard for her.

Minji: Just remember.. that we are.. The Run The World Girls..

They all huddled and all said in sync

"Run The World Girls~"