My Christmas with Him

My One-Shot Collection

My Christmas with Him


A HaeSica fanfiction

 

‘Beep…’

 

‘Beep…’

 

That’s all I can hear as I stare at his unconscious body. It’s been four years since I last saw his smile that changed my life. I’ve waited for him for 4 years, hoping some miracle to happen. I can’t bear it, it hurts me seeing him lying on that cold bed. It’s killing me, up to the very inside of me, to see his face not even smiling, still the same since I last saw him, settled in this cold and lifeless room. I wish I can do something to wake him up but I’m just a mere human being who has no ability to do so.

 

I looked at the machine that supports him and his life as I took out his hand, feeling every part of his frozen hand. Then my tears started to swell up on my eyes, intending to slip out any minute now.

 

I…miss you.”

 

I said it between my sobs, using all my remaining energy to say that words out of my heart. I was waiting for his response but I know that even if I wait, it will take me even forever just to hear his response.

 

Forever.

 

That’s what he said to me. I remember it, every word he said.

 

“I will love you, forever.”

 

I remembered how he portrayed his expression as he utter those words with those sincere eyes that shone brightly in front of my eyes. I know that he loves me more than anything and he doesn’t need to say it because when he’s with me, he let me feel every piece of his love. How I wish that the time can go back so that I can tell him how much I love him, how much important he is.

 

 As I stare at his expressionless face, a knock distracted my thoughts of him. I turned around, checking who the person was, still with my trembling eyes. I hastily wipe my tears as I saw an exact copy of him, his dad.

 

“Jessica, you’re here?” His dad said to me, beaming his faint smile on me as he lays his eyes on Donghae. I know how sad his dad is, like me, Donghae is the most precious person in our lives.

 

“I wanted to visit him.” I replied shyly as I offered my seat to him. He waved his hand declining my offer as I took my seat again, waiting for him to start our conversation.

 

“Won’t you celebrate Christmas with your family?”  He asked me as he places the flowers and fruits on the side which he brought earlier.

 

I shook my head in response. I chose to celebrate this Christmas again with him, like I usually did last past 4 years. I don’t want him to be alone in this cold day, I want to accompany him because that’s the only thing that I can do for him.

 

“I don’t want him to be alone this Christmas.” This time I said it sincerely with my eyes locked on him, hoping that he will hear it. Mr. Lee smiled at me touched by my words.

 

Donghae will be happy because he had you.” I stopped, staring at his father, touched by his words. I can’t hold it anymore as my tears started to fall one by one, blurring my vision.

 

“Thank you… Appa.” I thanked him, calling him ‘dad’. We got closer after Donghae’s accident. I know that it’s been so long since he was called ‘dad’.

 

“Jessica, I will just go out for a minute.” Mr. Lee said it but it was visible in his eyes those tears that I saw for the first time in my life that are threatening to fall any minute now. I nodded my head as he went out still holding his tears. Men don’t like to show their weakness just like Donghae’s dad.

 

This time it is the both of us again as silence eats the whole room. Before looking at him, I stared at the window as I saw snowflakes falling slowly but beautifully. How I wish that Donghae and I can witness this snowy day.

 

I shifted my gaze from the window to him, to my surprise, I saw a liquid that looks like a tear, flowing down his pale cheek. I was thinking if it was a tear and if it is, I know that there is hope and he will wake up soon.

 

That tear gave me hope to me as I wiped it with my thumb. Again, I cried softly as I wipe it with my trembling hand.

 

Please…wake…up.”

 

No response from him, just the called air that passed by me. Suddenly, my phone rang, not that because someone is calling but it was my phone alarm. I took it out, silencing it as I read the note on the screen.

 

‘It’s Christmas!’

 

I confirmed it by looking at my phone’s clock, indeed it is Christmas, exactly 12:00 AM. I look up at him beaming him the happiest smile that I can do.

 

“Merry Christmas, Donghae.”

 

I held out his cold hand, clasping it one mine to give him a warm feeling.

 

“Even if it takes months, years or even centuries, I will still wait for you, even if 10 or even 20 Christmas passed by, I will still wait for you till you wake up and say to me that you will never leave me again. I didn’t regret waiting for you because I know that you will come back.”

 

After I said my feelings out, I felt a tight grip on my hand. It startled me at first but as I felt that the grip won’t lose, I knew that a miracle happened, that Donghae finally woke up.

 

No words came out my mouth as I felt crying again. I’m so happy that I can’t even express it in words. I gaze at him, waiting for his lids to open. And in a second, I slowly saw him with his eyes looking at me. I saw his tears that are threatening to fall.

 

“D-donghae…”

 

I stuttered my words as he smiled at me, showing the same smile he had. He tightens his grip on me as he mouthed some words.

 

Thank you, Sica.”

 

I shook my head repeatedly as I bite my lips to prevent my tears from falling.

 

“Merry Christmas, Hae.”

 

I greeted him as I smiled happily at him. He nodded his head as he mentioned some words.

 

“Merry Christmas, Sica-ah.”

 

Donghae said lowly but I can hear it very clearly even his breathing, but before I can utter a word, he mouthed the words that I’ve waited to hear again.

 

“I…love you, Sica…forever.”

 

He said it as he struggle his words to come out. His words made me lost my words as I tighten my grip on him.

 

“I love you too, Donghae…”

 

I smiled before saying my last word.

 

“Forever.”

 

---------------------

 

A/N: Subcscribers! Here's my Christmas update! My Christmas gift to all who reads my One shot collection, I Will Never Let You Go and Love Trap fanfictions! Merry Christmas! God bless us all!

Please comment and subscribe!