Can I Love You?

My One-Shot Collection

Siwon's POV

 

I am a farmer and a care taker of this farm. I don't have lots of money but the salary that I can get is enough for me and my father. We are not the one who owns this farm but we are just the one who takes care of it when the owner is not around.

 

The owner of this farm is a very rich man. Unlike other rich people, he is very kind to us and very helpful to everybody. He and his family trust us because since I was born, our family is already working here. I really like to be the same as him because I know he's a good man and I want to be a good man who can protect my own family.

 

I'm already 24 years old and it means that I already lived here for 24 years. I only finished high school because unfortunately we don't have enough money for my tuition in college. So I just plan to help my father in his work.

 

I woke up very early everyday to check the animals and the farm. My father is already weak so I should be the one who works more. I always tell to my father that he should just rest and leave the rest to me but he is a hard headed person, he doesn't trust me yet and wants to make sure that everything will be okay. I admire my father for that. I don't have choice but to obey him, he's the one who raise me.

 

I started to feed the animals but then one of my co-workers called me.

 

"Siwon!" He said while catching his breath.

 

"What is it?" I asked still feeding the animals.

 

"They will be back today."

 

"Who?"

 

"The Hwang family and your father said to take care all because Mr. Hwang might see something that he doesn't like."

 

"Okay. Don't worry" I replied.

 

He nodded and walked away.

 

After I finished all my work, I went home to wash and clean myself in the river, near our house.

 

I remove my white shirt that have full of sweat and put it on the rock. I stretched a little and as I start to remove my shorts and underwear, someone shouted.

"Ya. Please don't remove that."

 

I looked at the girl who is sitting on the rock, she is reading a book and in her looks, she is quite scared. Then I realized that I don't have shirt on so I get my shirt and covered my upper body.

 

"Ya. What are you doing here? Can't you see that someone is here to take a bath or maybe you just want to see me ?” I asked still covering my body. She looks a bit familiar.

 

She snorted then laughed sarcastically. "Are you joking or what? First, I really don't know you and second I'm the first one to arrive here." She said while glaring at me.

 

Ha. What an attitude. She looks rich and arrogant. I hate that kind of girl. I cleared my throat before speaking. "Okay. So Miss Arrogant, can you go somewhere because I really need to wash myself." I said while raising a brow.

 

"Ha. Ms. Arrogant? Okay. I will surely leave Mr. boy. Hmpf." She said then walked away but she suddenly stopped.

 

"Merong~" She said while sticking out her tongue and then she walked off again.

 

I laughed loudly. What a cute Ms. Arrogant. Then I remove my clothes showing my well exercised body and went to the cold water to wash myself.

 

---------

 

As I came back, I can see 3 black cars and many bodyguards. I ran hurriedly and I saw my father making a signal to me. I approached him.

 

"Where have you been? They are already here. Let's greet them." He said as we enter their house.

 

It's my second time entering their house. It's so big and elegant. There are many antiques all over the place. As we walk inside, I remembered my first time to enter this house.

 

*Flashback*

 

I sneaked in the house without my father knowing because my Donghae-hyung said that their house is really big and great. So I entered alone. My jaw dropped as I look over the place. I want to have this house someday. This place is so great.

 

As I explore the house, I saw a little girl reading a book in the stairs. I hurriedly hid because she moght saw me and tell me to the owner but she already saw me.

 

"Who's there?" She shouted.

 

I didn't respond and I'm really scared right now.

 

I gulped. "If you will not come out. I will tell you to my father." She ordered. So I came out, I have no choice.

 

"I'm sorry... I just want to see this house." I said looking at the wooden floor.

 

The girl slowly walks near me. I gulped as she walks. I planned to run away but she suddenly speaks.

 

"Hi. I'm Tiffany." She said while reaching out her hand.

 

I looked at her confusedly. I can see her cute eye smile. I swear that's the cutest eye smile I've ever seen. I hesitated but I have no choice but to shake her hands.

 

"Hello T-Tiff-Tipani-ssi. I'm Siwon." I said while stuttering. I know I mispronounced her name but I'm really nervous right now.

 

She giggles. "It's Tiffany not Tipani." She corrected.

 

I laughed lowly. "Sorry I'm just nervous. Tiffany-ssi." I said shyly.

 

She laughed again but suddenly her mother called her to sleep.

 

"You should go now before my mother sees you."

 

I nodded and walked away but she called me again.

 

"Bye! Siwon-oppa." She shouted and ran upstairs.

 

I stopped from where I am and I can feel my heart beats so fast. I am surprised that she already called me oppa. It's my first time to hear someone calling me oppa.

 

After that day, she always visits me in our house and asked me to play with her. At first, I don’t want to play with her because she’s a girl and my father might know that I am playing with the daughter of the owner but as time goes by I feel comfortable with her. I can understand her because I think she doesn't have friends here. My hyungs are teasing me that I already like her but I only like her as a friend and she's my first 'girl' friend.

 

One month has passed and her parents wanted them to go back to their house in Seoul. I don't want her to go because she's already very special to me and we’re so close to each other. Before they depart, she talked to me. She cried at me while hugging me and she said that she is really happy to be my friend. She is also thankful that I played with her and make her happy. I also cried and thanked her for making me happy. She also said that I should wait for her when we are already grownups and she said that when she came back to  marry me.

 

I was taken aback about what she said. We are only kids at that time but we already planned our marriage. So I laughed at her and took it as a joke. I hugged her once again and I said that I will wait for her.

 

After that, I finally realized that I really like her more than a friend and I decided to wait for her hoping that she will do her promise to me but I know that we are only kids at that time. I want to believe that she will come back again.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

I smile as I remember that. We finally reached their room and started to greet them.

 

My father and Mr. Hwang greeted each other happily and started to chat about the current situation of the farm and also my father introduces me to him. As they talk I excused myself and went outside the room.

 

I looked at the pictures at the table and I saw her smiling happily on those pictures. I missed her so much.

 

As I look at the pictures someone called me.

 

"Excuse me. Who are you? Workers are not allowed here."

 

I turned around and looked at her. Aha. She's the arrogant woman earlier. I smirked at her.

 

"Look who's here? Mr. boy. What are you doing here? Are you following me or you like me already?" She said while laughing.

 

I snorted and before I can introduce myself, my father called me.

 

"Siwon-ah, Mr. Hwang wants to talk with you." My father called me. I nodded and entered the room but before I enter the room I glanced at her one last time and I can see in her eyes that she is very shocked.

 

‘Why?’ I asked to myself.

 

Tiffany's POV

 

"Siwon-oppa..." I said and I know he didn't hear it.

 

I want to ask him if he is the Siwon I know. So I waited outside my father's room.

 

"What are they talking about?" I said to myself impatiently.

 

Click!

 

The door finally opened and I can see him. But before I can call him my mother called me.

 

"Siw--"

 

"Tiffany! Let's talk." My mother shouted.

 

Maybe this time is not the right time so I turned around and walked inside my mother's room.

 

Siwon's POV

 

Did
someone call me? Maybe just my imagination. I saw the arrogant lady from earlier, she is entering a room.

 

"What is she doing here?" I asked myself.

 

"Is she..." I hope that she is the one I am looking for.

 

----------

 

Siwon's POV

 

I am lying on a wooden mat outside our small house. I look at the shining stars and think of her again. I want to talk to her again and I want to see her again.

 

I feel sleepy so I decided to sleep in the mat.

 

Tiffany's POV

 

I decided to talk to him now and tell him that I'm Tiffany. As I walk, I can see their house and I can see him sleeping on the mat.

 

I slowly approached him and I sat on mat near him. I stared at his handsome face and I fixed his hair that are scattered in his forehead.

 

He is like the same Siwon. From the past, he's a cute Siwon but now he's a handsome Siwon. I smiled as I stare at him and I want to wake him up but I know he's tired so I will just wait until he wakes up.

 

----------

 

Siwon's POV

 

I woke up and stretched my arms then I looked at my watch, its 12 am already. I decided to go inside our house to sleep but I saw someone beside me sleeping while her head is on her knees. I tried to wake her up.

 

"Miss..." After 10 miss she finally woke up.

 

As she stretched her arms, I saw her face and it's her.

 

"Miss, it's cold here. You should not sleep here." I said politely.

 

I waited for her respond but she didn't utter any word. "Miss..."

 

Then she suddenly hugged me. I am shocked about her actions so I tried to push her away.

 

"Miss... What are you doing?" I asked her and I can feel my heart beat grows faster.

 

I waited for her answer but suddenly she started to cry.

 

"Miss, I didn't mean anything. I'm just asking what are you doing. Please don't cry." I said apologetically still she is hugging me but I didn't back her back.

 

"Siwon-oppa..." She said in low voice but I can hear it clearly. As I heard it, I know that it's Tiffany who is hugging me. She's the only one who calls me oppa. I can't believe that she's finally here with me, hugging me.

 

I slowly hugged her back and closed my eyes to feel her hug.

 

"Tiffany. Is that really you?" I asked still my eyes closed.

 

She cried loudly. "What took you so long to recognize me?" she said still crying.

 

I laughed softly. "I already know that it's you. I just want to hear your voice." I said sweetly. "I miss you." I added.

 

She nodded. "I miss you too, oppa."

 

She released our hug and we stare at each other intently. Then we suddenly laughed at each other and we can tell that we really miss each other.

 

"It's been 14 years since we last met." I said.

 

She nodded and smiled at me showing her eye smile.

 

"Why did you come back?" I asked her.

 

"Because... I miss this place." she said. I'm quite disappointed in her answer.

 

"Is that all?"

 

She nodded. I think she already forgot what happen in the past and I understand it because we're only kids at that time. I have no choice but to smile at her, I'm satisfied because up to now, I can still talk to her.

 

"It's late. You should go back." I said.

 

She nodded and we both rise up from the wooden mat.

 

"See you tomorrow." I bid my goodbye.

 

I waited for her to turn around and when she already out of my sight, I started to walk inside in our house but before I can enter our house, I can feel a warm body in my back, a warm hug.

 

I stopped from walking and stayed where I am. I know that it's her. I'm happy and speechless that she followed me.

 

She started to talk. "Oppa, it's because of you. I came back because of you."

 

I finally heard those words, those words that I’ve been waiting to hear.

 

I turned around to face her while placing my hands on her shoulders and I smiled at her showing my dimples while moving my face closer to her.

 

"I thought you will never come back and I thought you already forgot me."

 

She shook her head and smiled at me shyly. "I will never forget someone like you."

 

I can't control but to smile again because of those sweet words. Then I hugged her once again and she hugged me back.

 

"Tiffany, Can I love you?" I asked her. I want her to be my girlfriend and be with me forever. I want to have a family with her and I want her to know that up to now she is the one that I really love.

 

She pulled away and looked at me.

 

"Oppa, I've been waiting for you to say that. I thought you only want me as a friend..." She said while few tears are falling from her small eyes. "I thought you will not love me, the first time I saw you, I… I already fell in love with you. You're one of a kind. You helped me in everything and make me laugh when I'm sad. I..." Before she can finish what she wanted to say I leaned for a kiss. I can't control myself because this is what I've been waiting for, for her to say that she also loves me.

 

We kissed forgetting the things that can block us when we are finally together. We forget our long separation and we look forward to what will happen in our future.

 

"Yes..." she replied to answer my question earlier.

 

After our romantic first kiss, we both laughed at each other then we bid our goodbyes and I wait for tomorrow to come, a tomorrow that I need to face.

 

----------

 

I woke up early in the morning and proceeded in my work. After all of my duties, we decided to see each other in the river.

 

I already saw her sitting on one of the rocks near the water. I called her name and we hug each other. Then we both seat in the rocks while our feet are on the water.

 

"What will happen if your dad knows the truth between us? That I'm just a farmer with no money..." I know that I’m not deserving to love her. She's beautiful, educated and rich. I can't give her anything but myself.

 

She smiled. "Don't worry. I will fight for you no matter what."

 

I'm deeply moved and I hugged her tightly with tears in my eyes.

 

"Saranghae, Fany-ah." I finally uttered the magic words. I know she's the right girl for me and I'm ready to sacrifice myself for her.

 

"I love you too, Siwon-oppa."

 

And we kissed sealing our love and loyalty for each other forever…

 

---------

 

- After 10 years -

 

Siwon's POV

 

Finally, after those problems that we faced, we have 2 little sons. For the past years we became a happy family up to now. Her father at first didn't want us to be together but we didn't lose our hope to fight for our love and luckily we fought all the blocks in our way.

 

As I look at my wife, I can see that she is working hard. She cooks for us and do the house chores like a normal mother and wife do. We lived in the farm and we didn't plan to live in the city because we thought that it's peaceful here and this is where our hearts wanted us to be.

 

"Umma, let's sleep." I said to her. I call her Umma because we think it's kinda cute for a pet name.

 

She nodded. "Okay. I will just finish this, Appa."

 

I checked my sons if they're comfortable in their sleep and I went inside bedroom to sleep but before I sleep I waited for my lovely wife to accompany me.

 

She entered our room and lied in our bed to sleep.

 

"How's my wife?" I said while hugging her. Her head is on my chest and I can feel her warm breath.

 

"I'm happy for everything that is happening to us. I'm happy that I married the right person in my life." She confessed. 

 

I kissed her lips.

 

"Thank you for making my life complete." I said then we hug each other and we closed our eyes to sleep.

 

Money is not a hindrance in loving someone. Even if you don't have enough money, you should still fight for the one you love and make a way to be successful so that someday you can be together always with your own family. I’m happy because I know I did the right thing, to fight for our love and I chose the right girl to love.

 

~END~

[A/N] Hi guys! I wrote another one shot but now it's sifany. I hope you will like it. :) And it looks like you don't like my one-shot Deadline. :( Is it boring?

Thanks, please comment and subscribe. :)