My Only One

My One-Shot Collection

 

Donghae's POV

 

I am somewhat a simple guy but I have big dreams that I want to achieve. I really want to be a singer, so I practiced every day and now my hardwork is paid because now I am already a singer.

 

Time flew very fast. I can't believe that I can be a singer and the good thing is I am a part of the group Super Junior, the best boy group that exists in the music industry. I can't wish for anything because now I can buy all the things I want, the things that I dreamed of. But there's one thing that I left behind, a very special person in my life, Jessica.

 

I sacrificed our friendship for my dream to become a singer. She supported me throughout this time. She is the one who encouraged me to audition. I'm glad to be with her, she's my best friend. I can't forget her smile and encouragements for me but now I can't see her. We can't meet anymore and it breaks my heart.

 

It is already 2 years and up to now, we didn’t have a chance to meet. I want to tell her that she is the one that I really need, the one I love.

 

Luckily, our company gave us break for 1 week, we can go wherever we want but just be careful not to make scandal or anything.  I kept that in mind. And I decided to visit my hometown, where my family is and where she is.

 

---------

 

I rode my brand new car and finally I reached the place.

 

I went down from my car and my family greeted me with excitement in their faces. I missed them, I missed her but she's not here to welcome me.

 

As I hug my family, I looked around maybe she is just hiding but unfortunately she’s not here to welcome me.

 

My family and I went inside our house and we ate our lunch, my mother cooked my favorite food. She's a very good cook and I really enjoyed all of her cooking. My father is also there smiling at me and I can see that he is very proud of me and my siblings are also there silly as always. My aunt who took care of me when I was a child is also there, I know she's proud of me. I know they really missed me and I’m thankful for their unconditional love that they are showing to me now.

 

As we eat our lunch, we talked about many past memories and my career. They said that they are my fans, they also bought all our albums and they are very proud of me. I am touched by them and I'm glad that I am in this family.

 

We finished our lunch and make our way to the living room to have some family bonding.

 

"Do you know where Jessica is?" I asked my aunt and hoping that she know where she is.

 

She shook her head. Right, she didn't know and why would she know. I should be the one who knows. I need to find her and tell her everything.

 

----------

 

I went outside our house and try to look for her in their house. I clicked the door bell.

 

Ding! Dong!

 

The maid in their house went outside and looked at me curiously.

 

"Is Jessica home?" I asked. Please tell me she's inside.

 

The maids looked at me, maybe she recognized me. "Oh. You're Lee Donghae! Can I have your autograph?" She said while giggling. Not now, but I don’t have a choice she is still a fan.

 

I gave her my autograph and asked her again. She said that she is not home and went out earlier. I bid my goodbye and walk by myself, hoping that I can find her somewhere.

 

After a long walk, I reached my favorite restaurant here and I remembered when I and Jessica are eating here always after classes. We really like this place. I smiled as I remember it and after that I sighed.

 

I decided to go back but before I walk off I saw her going out the restaurant. I decided to call her but I saw a guy with her, they are laughing and I saw the smile of her, it's very different. I didn't want to see this and I didn’t want her to see me, so I turned around but it's too late, she already saw me. I have no choice but to smile at her so I forced a smile and waved at her. She did the same thing with the guy beside her. I didn't want to disturb them so I turned around and decided to go home without saying anything to her. I'm hoping that she will call me again and explain that, that the guy with her is just her friend but she didn't call me or follow me.

 

I guess I'm nothing to her at all.

 

-----------

 

It's already Friday, and up to now we didn't talk nor meet. Maybe we are not the same as the past and maybe she’s angry. I don’t know! I want to know the reason and want to know the truth.

 

I went out to my room's balcony. It's already 10:00 p.m. and 2 more days before my break ends. I stare at the stars to relieve my stress.

 

"It's very beautiful." I said in low voice and after that I breathed heavily.

 

"You're right, it’s very beautiful." I heard a familiar voice from my left and then I saw Jessica looking at the stars as well.

 

She is in her balcony and I didn't notice her earlier. Maybe it’s because I’m occupied by my thoughts. So I smiled at her. I'm happy that she is still talking to me. I thought she's mad or something.

 

"So... how are you?" I asked her nervously. My heart keeps beating faster and faster.

 

She giggles. "I'm fine as always and how about you, Mr. Superstar?" She said and then she looked at me. I know she is just teasing me.

 

I laughed at her. "I'm okay. I enjoyed it and I’m contented of what I am now." I replied.

 

She nodded. “I’m happy for you… I’m happy that you already reached your dreams.” She muttered.

 

I looked at her. I can see some sadness in her eyes as she said those words. “It’s because of you. You’re the one who helped me in reaching my dreams.” I said while smiling at her.

 

We both laughed at each other then she started talking again.

 

"Why did you leave that day?" She asked. I know what she is talking about. It's the day when I saw her with a guy.

 

"Ah. It's because I might be disturbing you from your date and it looks like my best friend fell in love already." I uttered while grinning at her. My heart hurts so much after I said those words.

 

She laughed again and then I looked at her confusedly. "For your information, he's not my date." She responded. I am somewhat relieved from what she said. "He’s my closest cousin." She uttered.

 

“Oh. I thought he’s someone special to you.” I said and laughed. I’m happy for what she said. Now I know she’s not yet taken. I grinned at her.

 

“Why are you grinning?” She asked confusedly.

 

“It’s nothing. I’m just happy because he’s not you’re date.” I uttered shyly in low voice.

 

“Huh?”

 

I laughed. “Never mind.” I said angrily then looked away at her.

 

“Ya. I can’t hear it because your low voice.” She retorted.

 

“Just don’t mind it.” I said still acting angrily.

 

Again, she laughed. "Okay.” She uttered. “But… the thing you’ve said earlier…” She added.

 

"What?" I asked confusedly.

 

"I already fell in love with someone." She said. My heart just sank. I didn't know what to say. 'Am I too late?' that's I want to ask.

 

"With...who?" I asked while controlling my tears. I didn't want to ask this question, it makes my heart hurt. I didn't want to hear her answer.

 

"With..."

 

I’m waiting for her answer and my heart beats so fast. I hope it’s me.

 

“…you” She finally said it. My heart just jumped from my body. I’m so happy and I can’t say any word. I stared at her. I want to know if it's true or maybe I am just dreaming so I slapped my face.

 

She laughed at what I did. "Ya! What are you doing?"

 

I looked at her again. I can't believe it. She's in love with me and I’m in love with her.

 

"I know. It's useless to say this because I know in your career there are many pretty girls, so I know I don't have a chance but I just want you to know that from the start I really like you. I just can’t keep it anymore because every time I saw you with those pretty girls, my heart is hurt." She confessed not looking at me. I can see her cheeks are turning in to pink color and I think mine too.

 

I smiled at her cute confession and then she looked at me. "Why are you smiling?"

 

"It's because the girl that I really like and cherish likes me too." I said as simple as that I want it to be straight to the point.

 

"I like you, Jessica."

 

She looked at me with a shocked expression then she started to cry.

 

I didn't know what to do. She suddenly cried so I tried to go to her balcony by stepping on the railings but I suddenly lose my balance and fell off the ground. Luckily, I fell on the bed cushion without the bed case that is on the side of the house because my mother will donate it tomorrow.

 

AW!

 

Jessica stopped from crying and looked at me worriedly.

 

"Oppa, are you okay?"

 

I nodded and gave her thumbs up while caressing my . I know it hurt a bit but I can manage.

 

"I think you're not. Wait for me I will call the hospital" She said still worried.

 

I called her. "Jessica! I'm okay. If your here with me I will be okay." I shouted.

 

She looked at me again with a confused look but I can see her blushing cheeks. 

 

I giggled. "You're blushing again." I .

 

But suddenly she stepped on the railings and plans to jump on me.

 

"Ya! What are you doing?" I asked her worriedly.

 

"You said that if I'm with you, you will be okay." She explained. "So I will jump and you should catch me." She added while laughing.

 

"That's not what I meant." I retorted but too late she jumped already.

 

"Ow!" I shouted in pain. She's now on top of me and our faces are few inches away. It hurts but I forgot all the pain when she is right now with me in my arms.

 

"I didn't know that you're that heavy." I .

 

She punched my arm lightly. "Ya! I'm not heavy." Then we both laugh on what happened.

 

"Why did you jump? It's dangerous you know. What if I didn't catch you?" I asked her worriedly.

 

"I'm not scared of falling and--" before she can continue I leaned to her to kiss her lips. She kissed back and that was our romantic first kiss.

 

She pulled away and started to speak again. "And I'm sure that you will catch me." she continued.

 

I smiled at her and now she is the one who kissed me. I wish time would stop and I can be with her forever. Then I pulled away.

 

"I love you, Jessica."

 

"I love you too, Donghae-oppa."

 

And after that I spent my last days of my break with her. We became a happy couple and even if where can't see each other always, I know that she knows that she is the only girl for me.

 

~END~

 

[A/N] Hey guys! Can I ask a question? hehe.. In my next one-shot what couple do you want to read?