Lullaby

My One-Shot Collection

 

Donghae's POV

 

I’m the only son of my parents and I’m only 12 years old. They really wished to have a daughter but unfortunately they can't. So they decided to adopt a girl so that I can have a sister with me. I’m not against it and I think it will be fun to have a new sister.

 

My mother asked me to come down from my bedroom to welcome my new sister. She told me that my new sister doesn't have family to take care of her and she is really kind and helpful to others.

 

I as went down from my room, I saw her pretty smile. She's a petite girl and her looks is very pretty. I stared at her and I forgot to introduce myself so my mother initiated to do the introductions.

 

"Jessica, this is your brother, Donghae. Donghae this is your little sister, Jessica." So Jessica is her name, what a cute name.

 

I smiled at her and we all proceeded to the kitchen to celebrate, like a welcome party.

 

As we eat, she is surprisingly quiet and not fond of talking. She just smile and laugh on our jokes, maybe because she is still adjusting.

 

After some family bonding, it's already 9 p.m. and we need to sleep so my parents accompany my new sister in her bedroom beside mine then we started to sleep.

 

----------

 

Donghae's POV

 

I'm dreaming that I'm a rich boy and I can buy all the things I want, like toys and foods. I can also eat anything I want but before I can eat all the food, I can feel someone tugging my shirt. Then I woke up from my best dream. I'm quite annoyed for the one who woke me up.

 

I rose from my bed and I saw my little sister, Jessica, hugging her teddy bear tightly and she seems scared. As the older brother, I need to take care of her.

 

"What's wrong?" I asked her but she didn't utter any word.

 

"Jessica, what's wrong?" I asked again and then I saw some liquid started to form on her eyes.

 

"I can't sleep, I'm scared." She confessed. I can see that she is really scared so I put my hands around her shoulders and accompany her to her bedroom.

As we arrive at her bedroom, I let her lie down on her bed and I fixed her blanket.

 

"Sleep now." I said but before I leave her bedroom, she suddenly called my name.

 

"Donghae-oppa... Plea-se d-don't le-leave" She pleaded while stuttering. So I turned around and looked at her, she is still scared. I approached her and sat at the side of her bed.

 

"Okay. I will not leave." I clarified. After a few minutes, I can see that she is still awake.

 

"You can't sleep?"

 

She nodded still hugging her teddy bear so I started to think some way to make her sleep, I need to sleep too and I'm already sleepy but I'm just controlling myself not to.

 

"Can you sing a lullaby for me?"  She requested.

 

I have no choice but to sing because this is the only way to make her fall asleep.

 

So I started to sing my favorite song, Just like now.

 

That it’s gonna be okay

That it’s gonna be over right away

That as time goes by, it’s gonna fade away

I’ve been living with that belief

 

Sometimes because of my bad behavior

I’ve hurt you

Now little by little

I promise you that I’ll change

 

Even on cold nights, even on lonely nights

You were always there for me

But where are you (now)?

 

So much that I can see only you

So much that I can love only you

Only you can make my heart

Running toward you, breathing because of you

 

When you look at me, when you love me

I can’t give you for anything in this world

Now stay in my embrace like this

 

Always stay just like that, just like that

And say that you love me, you love me like this

Always smile just like that, just like that

And say that you’re happy, you’re happy like this

 

Even on cold nights, even on lonely nights

You were always there for me

But where are you (now)?

 

So much that I can see only you

So much that I can love only you

Only you can make my heart

Running toward you, breathing because of you

 

When you look at me, when you love me

I can’t give you for anything in this world

Now stay in my embrace like this

 

Sometimes when I’m down, sometimes when I’m tired

As my tears drop, I think of you

Not until now have I realized

The love that you showed me

 

When you look at me, when you love me

I can’t give you for anything in this world

Now stay in my embrace like this

 

Love Love Love, Love Love Love

And now again, I’m gonna

I’m gonna love you

Always just like now

 

 

My voice is quite good so I don't have any problems when it comes to singing. It's my first time singing to a girl and I admit that I’m quite nervous.

 

After that, I can see that she already fell asleep and I'm glad that she finally fell asleep because now I can finally sleep. I closed the door and I entered my room with sleepy eyes.

 

-----------

 

Next morning, we have classes and its first day of school for Jessica. So my mom told me to accompany her in school and guide her. I have no choice but to obey. It's quite bothering in my place because I might be late for my classes.

 

Every day, I accompany her to school and teach her in her homework. Every night, I always sing a lullaby to make her sleep. It's like my daily routine in life. I experienced all of this because of her. I also sleep during classes because of her and because of that my teacher always scolds me.

 

After few years, we became close like a real brothers and sisters. She became quite talkative and sweet sometimes. I'm happy for that improvement. Sometimes I'm bothered about her real parents and I want to ask her if she's okay and happy. If she is mad at them. I want to comfort her but I think, I'm not uet in the position to ask her.

 

---------

 

Donghae’s POV

 

~After 10 years~

 

After those years, we became so close than before but I know where already adults and there’s a chance that love can grow between us. That’s what I’m afraid to happen and too late I already fell in love with her.

 

When she is at the age of 15, she said to me that she didn't want me to sing lullaby for her. It's quite sad but less burden. I think she has grown up already as a young lady. I miss those times when I sang for her. Singing became a habit for me because of her. Unfortunately, singing lullaby for her and accompanying her in school makes me fall in love with her. I know it's not right to fell in love with her because she's my sister but I know I still can because she's not my real sister.

 

I hate myself, I hate myself because I fell in love with her. I started to like her when she said that I should not sing for her anymore every night, maybe because I realized that I really like her after that. So it means for 7 years, I still love her, I'm already 22 years old and she's 20, but I still can't tell her the truth because I'm scared, I'm scared that she might only think of me as an oppa, a big brother.

 

I decided to check on her if she is already asleep. I opened the door lightly but I didn't see her in her bed so I decided to enter her room.

 

"Jessica!" There's no response.

 

I decided to call her again but I heard a sob coming from the balcony, I slowly make my way to the balcony and there, I can see her crying heavily.

 

"Sica, are you okay?" I asked while moving closer to her.

 

She turned around and hugged me tightly still crying with all her might as I caress her back. We didn't say any word to each other and now my shirt is full of tears because of her nonstop crying.

 

"What happened?" I finally gathered my courage to ask her.

 

"My boyfriend cheated on me." She confessed still crying and her grip became tighter as she said those words.

 

It breaks my heart to know that she already had a boyfriend and the worst thing is that someone broke her heart but I know it's not right to be like this, still she's my sister so I need to comfort her and that's what brothers do to their little sister.

 

I caressed her back and started to talk again. "Don't worry, I will protect you. Don't waste your tears from that kind of guy. A kind girl like you should be loved honestly." As I said those words, I can feel that some tears are starting to fall from my eyes. I want to tell her that I can love her for what she is and never hurt her but it's not right.

 

She stopped from crying and pulled away. "Thank you, Donghae-oppa. I hope I can find someone like you." As she thank me, I forced a smile. As I hear those words, my heart hurts, I want to love her more than a sister but I know I should not.

 

"Can you sing a lullaby for me again?" She requested with puffy eyes.

 

I nodded quickly, that's all I can do for her. So we enter her room and she is now lying on her bed with blanket on still with her teddy bear. I started to sing just like the old times.

 

That it’s gonna be okay

That it’s gonna be over right away

That as time goes by, it’s gonna fade away

I’ve been living with that belief

 

Sometimes because of my bad behaviour

I’ve hurt you

Now little by little

I promise you that I’ll change

 

Even on cold nights, even on lonely nights

You were always there for me

But where are you (now)?

 

As I sing, I remember the first time I sang a song for her when she can’t sleep. I force a smile as I sing but I can feel that my tears want to come out from my eyes.

 

So much that I can see only you

So much that I can love only you

Only you can make my heart

Running toward you, breathing because of you

 

When you look at me, when you love me

I can’t give you for anything in this world

Now stay in my embrace like this

 

Always stay just like that, just like that

And say that you love me, you love me like this

Always smile just like that, just like that

And say that you’re happy, you’re happy like this

 

Even on cold nights, even on lonely nights

You were always there for me

But where are you (now)?

 

So much that I can see only you

So much that I can love only you

Only you can make my heart

Running toward you, breathing because of you

 

This is my last song for her because I know forever we will just have a brother and sister relationship. I know it’s hard for me, but for her sake, I will sacrifice my love and happiness.

 

When you look at me, when you love me

I can’t give you for anything in this world

Now stay in my embrace like this

 

Sometimes when I’m down, sometimes when I’m tired

As my tears drop, I think of you

Not until now have I realized

The love that you showed me

 

When you look at me, when you love me

I can’t give you for anything in this world

Now stay in my embrace like this

 

Love Love Love, Love Love Love

And now again, I’m gonna

I’m gonna love you

Always just like now

 

As I finish the song, I can see that she is comfortably sleeping. Now, I can breathe normally because I know she's okay now and I hope she will not encounter the same heartaches in the future.

 

Before I leave, I stared at her sleeping face, she's really beautiful. I fixed her bangs that blocks her eyes then a tear fell from my eye that fell on her forehead. I want to cry but I don’t want to wake her up.

 

So I finally stood up from her bed and as I walk, I decided that I will forget her and just be her brother that will be by her side and will protect her forever.

 

As I close the door, I stared at her one last time.

 

"Saranghae, Jessica."

 

I finally said it with tears in my eyes.

 

~END~

--------------------------------

[A/N] Yay! My first One-shot! If you like it please subscribe! I will upload another one next time.;)

BYE!