I'm Done

Can Friend Become Lover?

“yah,. neomu himteoro (too tired).. you have lots of stuff, jerk..”

“Yah.. yah.. yah.. is that how you treat your new housemate?”

“Am I your housemate?” Yoseob asked mockingly

“Tsk,.. Tsk.. Your house have nice scenery by the way. But I prefer the scenery from your last room though” Daniel commented his room instead of answer the sarcastic question his new housemate gave.

“What happen with your last room? Why are you moved?”

“I gave it to G.na” Sobbie said, eyes never leave the ocean in front of them. He then got out from the bed and walked to the door.

“Don’t hurt yourself” Daniel whispered when Sobbie merely reach the door.

“Mwo,..? Dugu,..? Daege?” He turned around and looked at Daniel questioningly.

“who else?” Daniel asked back. Sobbie laughed nervously

“Daega ania,...” he answered and ready to leave the room.

“Don’t worry,. Okay. I am not masochist. Owh.. I haven’t told you the rules in this house. No drink except on special occasion. No woman allowed sleep here except your girlfriend”

“I am gay, remember” Daniel said matter or fact.

“haha,. Sorry. I mean boyfriend,..” “Ah,.. Since you are our new member, usually we have special ritual too” he said furthermore.

“what ritual?”

“The new housemate must sleep outside for three days straight,. Or.. “

“or what,..?” Daniel asked eagerly. Sobbie remain silent and intentionally make a scared expression to make Daniel afraid. That’s when Daniel realized he was being tricked.

“Yahh,.. you cutie,. You play with me huh,..” Daniel runs to catch Yoseob. Yoseob laughed out loud only for seeing Daniel’s expression. He quickly runs outside the room. Too bad for Daniel, he don’t remember the house yet. As for Yoseob, he remembered the house too well. He lives there for years. He even can run in the house with eyes close.  They played run and catch for quite sometimes till Daniel out of breath. He gave up and lay on the grassy back yard.  Yoseob come near him too see his condition, but Daniel was fast enough and catch Yoseob’s foot, that make the older fell on his and scream in pain. Daniel’s laughed rang in the air as he tickle to older and make him laughed and scream. He keeps tickled the older till he gave up and asked him to stop.

 

Doojoon POV

I helped G.na prepared the food when they running around the house happily. Yes. Them. Sobbie. And. That punk. What are they? Kids? It’s not even playground. Go to hell if you wanna play catch and run. I decided to call him punk from now on. What? Yeah,.. yeah.. I know.. He has a name. But it suits him. And sounds better.

I chopped the vegetables wholeheartedly into the small pieces you could imagine. I imagined that is the punk body, I voluntarily cursed in my heart, it would be good if it’s really him.

“Yah,.. Jonnie you ruin the veggies. It’s too small. I need you to chopped it like I told you” G.na said while stirred the porridge diligently. She is nice cooker, I have to admit.

“Owh,. Mian. I’ll get another vegetable” she smiled at me and took the knife away.

“it’s ok. You should rest. I saw you keep frowning all the time. You tired aren’t you? I’ll call you and others when food ready”

I really want to help, but I as think I could only bring more burden instead of helping, I gave up. Also, I really am tired, mentally. Since our conversation in the coffee shop three days ago, I haven’t talked properly with Sobbie. He seems angry with me. I have no idea why, he just said don’t say anything if you don’t mean it when I asked what is wrong.  What’s that supposed to mean? He keep avoiding me since then, till that punk come this morning and bring his stuff. He never talked to me back then, but since that jerk come, he show smile sincerely to that jerk, and I hate it. He even laughed wholeheartedly when they play catch and run, something he hide when he is around me this past three days.

I don’t know what is wrong with him, with me, with us. Everything change when Daniel come to our house. No, it changed long before that punk move. I don’t exactly know when, but I felt we are keep getting far away each days. Like he built some shield between us. He stop telling me things long ago, I don’t even know who is his friends anymore, what he’s doing besides his study, who he hangout with, what he’s doing in his spare time. And we never come to his coffee shop. It’s like I don’t recognize him anymore. I plan on taking a nap, but this Sobbie thing makes me keep wide awake, I rubbed my face harshly. I hate it when I don’t know anything, especially when it has something to do with Sobbie. I promised to his Dad and my Dad to look after him, and now I failed. I have to talk to him, with his voluntarily, or not.

Daniel POV

Now I am having dinner with my new housemate. Usually I will take my dinner by myself or with Sobbie or other friends of mine.  Sobbie keep talking about the food, complimented G.na that she is a nice cooker. Actually it’s nice warm dinner except the sour expression in Doojoon hyung’s face. I know he didn’t really like my appearance. It doesn’t need a genius to read his gestured. Does he really jealous with me? Ah,.. I don’t know,..  maybe it is.

I have to tell you guys, at first. I just want to make fun with him, because he thought I was Sobbie’s crush. And my purpose to move in here is only to make him more jealous. But as I enter this house, I change my mind. I don’t like the idea Sobbie hurt by him, jealous by him being lovey dovey with G.na. I want to make Sobbie realized that Doojoon hyung is jerk that doesn’t even deserve him. Don’t tell Sobbie. He might kick me out if you guys tell him. We chatted happily minus Doojoon who remain silent along the dinner. G.na got phone call not long after and said that she need to go to her hometown because her father got hit by the truck in his way home. She seem panic, all of us want to accompany her since it is already night and it is danger to drive alone. She refused it. Said that she was okay and going to drive with her best friend Gayoon. Doojoon insist to accompany him but G.na keep refused and told him that he has presentation tomorrow and it’s really important for company’s future. So after discussed here and there, I decided to accompany her since I have no class tomorrow. Sobbie insist to come with us since he hasn’t too, but I refused it and told him to rest. He gave up and bid us goodbye, Doojoon gave me his car keys and kiss G.na chastely on her hair and whispered everything would be alright. She nodded her hair and we drove off when her friend finally comes.


Yoseob POV

I washed the dishes not long after they gone. Daniel’s right. I better rest in the house because I don’t feel really good, my head spin and my vision blur. It’s all because of him. He has too many stuff to arrange. I‘m tired to the death. We spent all of our day to move it from his latest apartment to this house. When I almost finish my job in dishes a hand sneak around my waist and a head rested in my shoulder. My body tensed up by the sudden touch and my heart beat rushed, I don’t even realize my face reddens. My legs suddenly numb that I can’t move even an inch. 

“Stay still” he said, the voice that I recognize too well. I just keep silent, he doesn’t need to tell me like that, because actually I can’t move even when my heart yelled me to.

“I miss you” I almost forgot how to breath properly.

“We usually being like this a lot” He whispered near my ears. The sensation send shiver down to my spine. My heart felt like jump anytime soon.

“You always like skinship. Cling to me all the time. Where is that Sobbie I know?” he said more, hugged me tighter from behind.

“I can’t just hug you randomly when you already have a girlfriend” I said dryly.

“Why not?” he asked, not even loosen the hugged.

“Is it need an answer? Stop it Doojoonie, you hurting me” I said weakly. Hurt I mean is mentally, but he take it the other way around.  He makes things worse.

“No, I miss you. I told you already. You keep avoiding me.”

“Everything change, Doojoonie. Don’t you understand?” I turn around and face him, I couldn’t take it anymore, and my first tears run through my cheek. He seems surprised and his thumb voluntarily wiped my tears away.

“Am I making you like this?”

“Like what?” I asked. Don’t understand where this conversation leading to.

“Cry?” he bit his lips.

“No, it’s my first time” too bad, he knew it.

“Liar” he hugged and wrapped me possessively on his sturdy chest. He rested his chin on my head and hummed a soft song he often sings when I want to sleep back then. We still like that for a while, the shield I built instantly broke, I clutched his shirt and soaked it with my tears. He seems don’t mind and make a circle on my back to calm me down. Instead it makes my tears flowed bigger. I don’t realize I miss him that much and longing his touch this much.

“You stop telling me things” his first sentence since he managed to calm myself down.

“I don’t”

“Stop lying, you cutie” he continued rubbed my back like a possessive mother koala to his son. His hugged never loosen even a bit.

“Like I said, everything change Doojoon”

“You never call me lazy ahjussi anymore” hi mumble to himself, I can’t hear him.

“What?”

“You never call me ahjusshi,..” louder this time.

“You should’ve happy” I wrapped my hand around his waist too. It is impossible I can run away from him, so maybe I could just enjoy it a bit.

“Maybe, but I’m not. We never go to your coffee shop too. I don’t even recognize your friends you talk to Daniel back then” he continued his observation.

“Like Dongwoon, Hyunseung, Kiki, and The joker. Who are they, are they good guys?” he hugged me tightly, trying to prevent me from all of them, like they even here with us.

I chuckle a bit with his childish behavior and nodded my head in his chest, even though he can’t see my nod, he can feel it. He hummed of approval.

“Where you met them? When?”

“Remember when I went out with Daniel last time. I met them in the pub”

“Yeah,. I never forget it”

“How you even remember my new friend’s name?”

“I’ll remember everything that has to do with you Sobbie” he said warmly.

“Yeah,.?”

“Yeah,.. and you,.” He holds my chin between his hands and brought my face close to him. He stared into my eyes, looking for something I guess. I don’t know. My mind went blank.

“Don’t you dare avoiding me and stop telling me things” he paused. “ I can really kiss you” he smiled cheekily. Somehow I found that not extremely funny. It made me angry.

“Do you think it is a joke?” I yelled and push him harshly. My face get redden, not because of shy, but anger. He is surprised with my sudden blow up but said nothing; his eyes said he is confused.

“You can’t just said you can kiss me randomly, you . Do you think it is a joke? you,.” I managed to run to my room but he catch my hands.

“I am not joking” He said firmly. Still hold my hand firmly to prevent me run away. I laughed sarcastically at his sentence. . I barely want to spat curses at him when he suddenly locked my lips with his. It happens so fast. I don’t even know what to do. I just stay silent like a statue. The kiss was light and innocent and chaste, like when you kiss your mother before you out, but instead on the cheek, he kisses me on the lips. My lips suddenly went dry, wanting more, and I mentally slapped myself for it. But instead I slapped him, on the cheek, hard.

“You,. Don’t you talk to me anymore” I said, my tone firm and clear. He just stands still, surprised too with his action. I walked weakly to my room. I felt like dying.

“I did it not because I make fun of you” he said. I barely reach view steps when he said it.

“I,.. with all of my sense did it, because I want it” He said more. I massaged my temple. It will be long.

“So,.?” I turn around. I’m really tired of this. I have to end it. Now. or never

“I don’t know,.. I just want you to know, I kiss you because I want it”

“You know I am gay right?” I sit on the couch and make a gestured for him to follow me. He sat right next to me.

“Yeah,. I know” he said when he finally sat comfortable beside me.

“Let me tell you something,. But don’t mock me.” He just looked at me in the eyes with his deep brown eyes, trying to read mine. I’ll miss everything about him.

“I love you, Doojoonie. I really am” I fidgeted with my finger nervously and sighed. It is my first time confessed to someone, however.  He keeps silent, and I really hate it. Maybe I shouldn’t tell him. After long uncomfortable silence, and make sure he doesn’t have words to say, I finish my words.

“It’s ok,. I know. I don’t need your answer. I just need you to know, and after this I promise I would never love you anymore. I just need you to know. And please help me for not loving you anymore” yes. I I think it is the best for me, for him, for G.na, for us. I might me gay. But I’m not going to ruin other people relationship.  

“I need you to not care at me, just let me be. Please, I promise I would make my love for you vanish. Just give me time” his gazed was unreadable, happy? Sad? Mock?

“I promised everything would be fine, I’ll make sure I’m not going to separate you and G.na away like in those romantic drama which the third wheel does” I laughed weakly, trying to cheer myself out.

“hey,. I am not even a third wheel. Because I never really include in you guys story, and you guys don’t even realized my appearance” I laughed out loud with my silly words. My eyes start to become glassy. I have to go now.

“So,. I think that’s all Doojoonie. Sorry for disturbing you guys life. I’m sure you’re freak out right now, hell no,. Maybe you would never want to meet me anymore. Who wouldn’t actually? When some gay love you,. Haha,. Isn’t disgusting?” I managed to stand up when didn’t talked. He is freak out. I can tell from his eyes. And it hurt me like hell. He disgusted with me.

“So,. Tell me when you want to kick me out ok. Ah,. Don’t blame Daniel on this. I know you don’t like him, even though I don’t know why, and for more information he is gay too. Maybe from now on you will hate both of us. Just tell me if you want to kick us out, all right?”

As I finish my sentence I walked to my room weakly, I rested my body on the big bed and tucked my head on the fluffy pillow. I observed the night ocean from my window. I smiled weakly to the night view and my second tears flowed down my cheek that night. It’s over now.



yuhuuu,... finally.. finally,.. update,.. :) sorry for make you guys waiting such long time. I'll try to update ASAP. so,. more subsribers and comments won't hurt right? please please,.. I'm begging here,..